Anier

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot..._-Imageandlink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you copy and paste it here?

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    DUNDEE UNITED are sweating over the return of loan striker Henri Anier after failing to include a recall clause in their agreement with Hibs.

Tannadice boss Mixu Paatelainen spoke last month of his desire to bring Anier and Robbie Muirhead, then on loan at Partick Thistle, back to boost his attacking options this month.

While Muirhead cut short his time at Firhill yesterday, Paatelainen has been forced to backtrack on the Estonian after they realised the decision is not theirs to make.

The Hibees have Anier tied up for the season, and there would have to be agreement between all three parties for that to be torn up.

Though the 25-year-old has endured an injury-plagued stint at Easter Road, he has made a couple of important cameos from the bench recently and head coach Alan Stubbs is reluctant to let him leave.

Unless Stubbs decides he can bring in someone else, United will be forced to look elsewhere.

They've only gone and done it! They've only gone and won the Scottish Cup! What kept you, Hibs?!

DUNDEE UNITED are sweating over the return of loan striker Henri Anier after failing to include a recall clause in their agreement with Hibs.
    Tannadice boss Mixu Paatelainen spoke last month of his desire to bring Anier and Robbie Muirhead, then on loan at Partick Thistle, back to boost his attacking options this month.
    While Muirhead cut short his time at Firhill yesterday, Paatelainen has been forced to backtrack on the Estonian after they realised the decision is not theirs to make.
    The Hibees have Anier tied up for the season, and there would have to be agreement between all three parties for that to be torn up.
    Though the 25-year-old has endured an injury-plagued stint at Easter Road, he has made a couple of important cameos from the bench recently and head coach Alan Stubbs is reluctant to let him leave.
    Unless Stubbs decides he can bring in someone else, United will be forced to look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayern Bru View Post

Cheers. Well that's that cleared up then. Hopefully he stays as without Farid he offers us a different option up front.

First Team Breakthrough Coults1875's Avatar
    I really like him and reckon he'll do us a turn with a bit more game time. Hard to just now though with Malonga/Keatings and Cummings first on the team sheet week in week out.

I'd let him go back but they need to put it in writting that he cant play against us in any playoffs we might face against each other in.

It would be bad if Hibs stop him going back. I fully think Stubbs will allow him to go. Admin error that shouldn't have been overlooked but we should allow them to recall him if they really need it.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    It would be bad if Hibs stop him going back. I fully think Stubbs will allow him to go. Admin error that shouldn't have been overlooked but we should allow them to recall him if they really need it.
    Not sure how it would be bad we have the option of extending the loan to the end of the season. I would imagie Stubbs will make his decision based on a conversation with teh player i.e what does he want to do. Wouldnt be altogether surprised if he said he wants to stay here though in saying that he may want to impress Mixu. He does offer something different and has done well from the bench v Falkirk and QOS.

Coaching Staff
    Potentially strengthening a 'potential' play off opponent though TC ?

Knowing our luck they'd get a run of results, we would get them in a play off and Anier would score the winner !!!

I'd keep him, especially after his two assists and contribution from the bench and due to Farid probably not playing for us again.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Not sure how it would be bad we have the option of extending the loan to the end of the season. I would imagie Stubbs will make his decision based on a conversation with teh player i.e what does he want to do. Wouldnt be altogether surprised if he said he wants to stay here though in saying that he may want to impress Mixu. He does offer something different and has done well from the bench v Falkirk and QOS.
    Don't get me wrong I'd want to keep him myself as I've liked the look of him. But telling Utd no could cause problems down the line for any potential loan or transfers.

If he wants to stay then all three parties should sit down and go over everything. That way everyone knows where they stand. But we should at least sit down with them.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post

Knowing our luck they'd get a run of results, we would get them in a play off and Anier would score the winner !!!

I'd keep him, especially after his two assists and contribution from the bench and due to Farid probably not playing for us again.
    I'd be making sure if he did go back and they finished 2nd bottom he can't play if we were to meet in the play offs. Because you know that he would score 😩

All parties signed the contract so if Hibs have the option, and want to keep him, then they should do. It's not necessarily an error, maybe it's the way Hibs insisted on having the deal done.

I can't imagine he's desperate to get back up to Utd anyway. Just not sure how desperate we will be to keep him either.

I think Stubbs should and may have, asked Anier if he would like to return in the hope of more playing time. If he says yes we should let him return.

Of course this assumes that United are seeking his return and given their plight i would imagine so.

We can't worry about a scenario where we dont win the league and manage to win the Championship playoff and Dundee Utd have managed to become our opponent.

I think it would be a 'noble' gesture given their plight.

But then I have no insight into Stubb's personnel plans for the remainder of the season.

With the abuse he gets from Dundee United fans on Twitter I'd be surprised if he didn't want to stay.

I'd be making sure if he did go back and they finished 2nd bottom he can't play if we were to meet in the play offs. Because you know that he would score 
    We'd not be able to make sure of that as he wouldn't be signing a new contract, he'd just be reverting back to his previous terms with United. I think it would have to be a 'gentleman's agreement' type situation which, should they be short of strikers, they could well break.

I'd want him to stay but that's me presuming that the player also wants to stay. If he doesn't, then when we have signed a similar replacement later in Jan, we should let him return.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post

Exactly.!

We should definitely keep him - I like what I've seen of him so far - he's strong, different, full of aggressive running and wants the ball all the time. And the way we are hanging on for 1 goal victories at the moment, he's a great 'release' to bring on when our over-passing system is putting us under a bit pressure toward the end of a game.

The deal was for the season. Let Thompson put has hand in his pocket and spend some of those millions he made selling just about their whole team.! Christ knows, he's not spending it developing the ground - dread the seats in that away stand at Tannadice - it's an endurance on my ageing bones.

From the cameo appearances he has made, I like the look of him. Would like to see more of him, think he gives another good option for us.......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Put this on another thread:

Below is a word for word extract of Stubbs' interview on Saturday, make of it what you will:

Q There were four strikers on the bench, does that mean someone will move on?
    AS: Not from my point of view, I’m not concerned with anyone leaving, we’re not thinking that way, but obviously players have to want to stay. I can understand that players want to play, but no-one has said that to me just yet, they may do, but no-one has yet.

Q Do Dundee United have an option to take back Henri Anier in January?
    AS: No, we have an option. If we want to take that option up, we can turn it into a season long loan.

Q So Dundee United are unable to recall Henri Anier?
    AS: I’ve spoken to Mixu already about it already. There is something in the agreement where by a certain date we need to inform Dundee United that we want to take up that option.

Q Do you think you will take up that option?
    AS: There’s a good chance.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Hibs should do the right thing and release him if Dundee Utd want their player back.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Hibs should do the right thing and release him if Dundee Utd want their player back.
    Even though they agreed previously that we had the option to extend?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    No they shouldn't. If the player wants to go back then yes, I see no point in Hibs keeping him. But if we want him and he wants to stay here then we should keep him

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    No they shouldn't. If the player wants to go back then yes, I see no point in Hibs keeping him. But if we want him and he wants to stay here then we should keep him
    Agree.

All three parties must be in agreement defo. But Hibs should at least sit down with someone from Utd along with Arnier. If he wants to stay here then Hibs should then say we will keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by grammyb111 View Post
    Put this on another thread:

Below is a word for word extract of Stubbs' interview on Saturday, make of it what you will:

Q There were four strikers on the bench, does that mean someone will move on?
    AS: Not from my point of view, I’m not concerned with anyone leaving, we’re not thinking that way, but obviously players have to want to stay. I can understand that players want to play, but no-one has said that to me just yet, they may do, but no-one has yet.

Q Do Dundee United have an option to take back Henri Anier in January?
    AS: No, we have an option. If we want to take that option up, we can turn it into a season long loan.

Q So Dundee United are unable to recall Henri Anier?
    AS: I’ve spoken to Mixu already about it already. There is something in the agreement where by a certain date we need to inform Dundee United that we want to take up that option.

Q Do you think you will take up that option?
    AS: There’s a good chance.
    👍🏼

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    I would love to see Anier getting a couple of full games. He has contributed well in the few minutes he as had on the pitch so far

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Let's put Hibs first. Let them sweat if it's in our interests

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    We should do what's best for us. Enough of the let's be nice guys routine.

Yep, that's my take on it too. If he wants to stay, and Stubbs is happy with that, then that's fine with me. And as another poster has already mentioned, the DU fans don't even rate him, so it's not as if Hibs are being unreasonable. But if we do decide to be 'nice' to them on the basis of future dealings, I would keep an eye out for the Soutar situation, he's a good young player IMO.

Agree with this 100%.