hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glasgow Police

Glasgow Police

I remember their charm offensive to the crowds at the Commonwealth games. They were very rolly-poly yo ho ho Santa Clauses in their policing style.

Tomorrow at Ibrox I expect that they will revert back to the more familiar 'imagine you are stormtroopers transporting Jews to Auchwitz' modus operandi.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Turning a blind eye and deaf ear to the "banter" of a small minority of 50k

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Supporters in black. Not right but not unexpected.

Win the game & party in thier coupon 😉 They hate it 🇳🇬

That's cos half the cops in the weedge during the CG were actually from Edinburgh!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Police Scotland is actually Police Glasgow anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They really are lowlife ****.

They behave like that both home and away.

They have pre cons for throwing Buckie bottles.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Police Glasgow, the unofficial previously free stewards at ibrox and all they ask in return is the chance to listen to the singing.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    It is surely time clubs spoke out more about the risk for visiting fans at Ibrox. Shocking that it's carried on for so long.

Left by mutual consent!
    Alex Salmonds private army

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    It is surely time clubs spoke out more about the risk for visiting fans at Ibrox. Shocking that it's carried on for so long.
    It has been bad since the seventies that I can recall. The problem with speaking out is there needs to be someone who is listening and acting. The new boys are as vile and unchecked as the now defunct Glasgow rangers.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Breakthrough
    Plankton life,..stand back and watch kids get attacked
    By adult hun plankton life. And it'll never change.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SausageSurprise View Post
    Behave!

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    That's 2/3 weeks since the game.
    the police and the rangers say they are investigating and reviewing procedures...
    standard time-buying-until-it-dies-down Public Relations approach.

Id like to see the Ton chairman following up and for something to be published after the investigations are completed. ..

But you know it won't happen.

I dare say though, any similar incidents on Monday it would be worthwhile being shared with the Ton chairman and the Greenock Tele. . . It just needs to keep being pushed back into the public eye..

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    What an idiotic thing to say.
    45 AND RISING

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    To be honest I've never found the Glasgow Police to be too bad through there. It's the stewarding that tends to be a bit more robust than necessary.
    The police will talk you in a civilised manner if you are likewise behaving in a civilised way, while the stewards will tend to simply bark at you and order you about regardless.
    They are more often than not the problem, rather than the Police.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    To be honest I've never found the Glasgow Police to be too bad through there. It's the stewarding that tends to be a bit more robust than necessary.
    The police will talk you in a civilised manner if you are likewise behaving in a civilised way, while the stewards will tend to simply bark at you and order you about regardless.
    They are more often than not the problem, rather than the Police.
    Down to individual cops attitude maybe but it shouldn't be that way. In the early 80's our party including two women were being spat on by huns above us. We were actually told to F off when we complained to the steward so went down to the cop at pitchside who sneered and turned away. Later on the stewards had a word with one of us for threatening the feral youths above!

Sir Matt Busby

Care to elaborate?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

sausage by name, sausage by nature, a silly sausage one would say

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Down to individual cops attitude maybe but it shouldn't be that way. In the early 80's our party including two women were being spat on by huns above us. We were actually told to F off when we complained to the steward so went down to the cop at pitchside who sneered and turned away. Later on the stewards had a word with one of us for threatening the feral youths above!
    It's what your own personal experiences are of course. You highlight an issue from the early 80's while my Ibrox visits started later in 80's. I'm 100% certain we get better treatment in 2015 than 20-30 years back. Hopefully.

It's what your own personal experiences are of course. You highlight an issue from the early 80's while my Ibrox visits started later in 80's. I'm 100% certain we get better treatment in 2015 than 20-30 years back. Hopefully.
    The late 80's and early 90's in the front of the Broomloan was nuts.

Everything that could be chucked was chucked.

I've had issues with Police in Dundee and in Airdrie. Airdrie in particular when a midget jumped up little Adolf was going to lift my dad for celebrating a goal. He was firmly put in his place and told to do one.

I would suggest that the Stewards are a lot worse than the police however you do get some right A holes in every job!!

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    The security let the hun support pelt our players with missiles during the play off game so what chance do we have?

Got told once by a police officer in the weedge - "you are in Glesgae now son"

Meaning - "I will turn a blind eye to the antics of the supporters of the Ugly sisters"

Here's hoping. I personally don't go there now, last time was 0-3 in the cup. Sadly the evidence of others seems to be the behaviour continues with as many blind eyes being turned as possible.

Similar experience at Motherwell in roughly the same era, we got in the ground early, West of Scotlands finest were inside with some stewards, they walked through the away end like they were looking for someone and a guy in our group got lifted along with about 6 others and taken out of the ground - they were singing hail, hail the Hibs are here - no idea what else was done - One of our party was an off duty serving PC from Edinburgh so he went out the ground to the mobile unit they were using as a base to ask about the incident.

Was told that the guy had been held for public order offences but after a bit of cop to cop chat he was mysteriously released and allowed back in the ground. We seen a couple of the other singers later on and they'd been let go but had to pay to get back in.

Sir Matt Busby

Tbh I've always found policing and stewarding at Ibrox to be infinitely better than Celtic Park. Of course you still get the blind eye being turned to the 'minority' but, certainly in the case of the stewards, it's far less heavy handed.

I think the worst Policing I have seen in years was away at Ayr in the Scottish, think we won 3-1 LG and Roy O'Donovan scored. I don't know if they were stretched with it being Scottish Grand National days as well but a fair few officers were absolutely desperate for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Tbh I've always found policing and stewarding at Ibrox to be infinitely better than Celtic Park. Of course you still get the blind eye being turned to the 'minority' but, certainly in the case of the stewards, it's far less heavy handed.

I think the worst Policing I have seen in years was away at Ayr in the Scottish, think we won 3-1 LG and Roy O'Donovan scored. I don't know if they were stretched with it being Scottish Grand National days as well but a fair few officers were absolutely desperate for trouble.
    Whatever you do, don't drink alcohol in the street. Glasgow Polis have zero tolerance and will take great pleasure in huckling you to the Govan Station and see you miss the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Brunswickbill View Post
    Whatever you do, don't drink alcohol in the street. Glasgow Polis have zero tolerance and will take great pleasure in huckling you to the Govan Station and see you miss the match.
    Few years ago had my young nephew at ibrox think he was 8 or 9 he was struggling tae Finnish his bottle o Coca Cola at the turnstile so I was helping him drink it, I then give it back to him to Finnish off the polisman grabbed it off him had a wee smell & taste,the dick thought I had vodka or something in it, I asked him if he seriously thought I would feed a 9 year old laddie booze he said "ye never know" a proper dick

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    They really are lowlife ****.

They behave like that both home and away.

They have pre cons for throwing Buckie bottles.
    This. The lowest dregs of society. Utter **** the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythefish View Post
    Few years ago had my young nephew at ibrox think he was 8 or 9 he was struggling tae Finnish his bottle o Coca Cola at the turnstile so I was helping him drink it, I then give it back to him to Finnish off the polisman grabbed it off him had a wee smell & taste,the dick thought I had vodka or something in it, I asked him if he seriously thought I would feed a 9 year old laddie booze he said "ye never know" a proper dick
    Just them judging people by their own standards. The low life tramps in the hun support probably feed their kids buckie for breakfast!