hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds

The subs - Malonga, Anier, Feruz

I thought all 3 today made a huge impact when they came on and thought they deserved a collective thread. I wonder what others thoughts are that I've included Feruz in the bracket. I thought he personally showed some really nice touches and good direct running with the ball. Almost set up a goal aswel a few times with some nice passing.

Anier brings something completely different to the strike force. Big, hard, pace, and looks to be a good team player.

Dom? Well, Dom just does what Dom does best......GOALS!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought all 3 today made a huge impact when they came on and thought they deserved a collective thread. I wonder what others thoughts are that I've included Feruz in the bracket. I thought he personally showed some really nice touches and good direct running with the ball. Almost set up a goal aswel a few times with some nice passing.

Anier brings something completely different to the strike force. Big, hard, pace, and looks to be a good team player.

Yup, exactly why having a decent squad makes all the difference, bad day at the office for the first 11, bring on three others who do the
    business.
    GG

Coaching Staff
    Feruz looked better today. Got involved.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I think anier is a player, we could give him a start next week. Something different that the huns have not dealt with, he was excellent when he came on.

@hibs.net private member
    I thought all 3 did well. No idea why Dom was dropped as we missed him today.

Totally agree, changed the game but it was crying out for a change as it just wasn't working before. Great to have that in depth these days and may be the difference in the run in. Very important 3 points and much relief all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I think anier is a player, we could give him a start next week. Something different that the huns have not dealt with, he was excellent when he came on.

Going to be almost impossible for Stubbs to pick a team next week I think haha, too many players deserving of a place

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Going to be almost impossible for Stubbs to pick a team next week I think haha, too many players deserving of a place

Anier in for boyle? Keatings up top, hes no good in behind the front men. Cummings position is in danger, he didn't do much today.

@hibs.net private member
    Got to agree the 3 did well. It's good having a squad with depth in it. Feruz look interested today and wanted on the ball. Anier looked good, strong, decent touch and a willing runner and Dom is just great and what a finish. Right place at right time
    Last edited by lucky; 20-12-2015 at 06:17 AM.

Anier in for boyle? Keatings up top, hes no good in behind the front men. Cummings position is in danger, he didn't do much today.
    Seems reasonable, will be hard to leave out Dom though and Cummings always plays well in the big games so can see him getting a start

Thing is he'll only want to play just 2 strikers away at Ibrox so that just makes things a lot more difficult

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    The difference between last season and this season, having players who can come off the bench and make a difference if things aren't going our way. Brilliant celebrations when the goal went in. The Huns are rattled now.

Not one of jcs better games but this was a game where we needed a strong target man and anier did the job superbly and he to me was the difference. Hugely impressed with Henri.

Seems reasonable, will be hard to leave out Dom though and Cummings always plays well in the big games so can see him getting a start

Thing is he'll only want to play just 2 strikers away at Ibrox so that just makes things a lot more difficult

I'd rather go for it and if we lose, lose by two or three rather than defend for 90 and lose one in the last minute. Realistically a draw is not a good result, as things stay as they are. We need to win and put the pressure on them even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Not one of jcs better games but this was a game where we needed a strong target man and anier did the job superbly and he to me was the difference. Hugely impressed with Henri.

Lets be honest his first touch was/is brutal and boyle done even less than cummings. We won though, thats what matters

I thought Stubbs made a mistake playing Cummings and Boyle.They are not a pairing-in some ways too similar get over excited.Jason usually takes his chances Boyle doesn't usually.Boyle doesn't seem to realise that all he has to do is knock the ball past and go-instead he overelaborates.Even allowing for Queens tiring the subs opened them up time after time with simple one twos and were a big improvement.

Malongas touch is superb. Would have him on from the start and use Boyle as the impact player, admittedly Dom fulfilled that role well today but the guy deserves to be starting.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hope Dom's goal starts him off on a goals-frenzy !!. I just love the guy, aye, ok his 'body language' needs some work but when he has that ball at his feet? NO-ONE takes it off him !!

Malonga would be the first name on my team sheet.

Oxley follows him, McGinn behind that and then McGeoch if he's fit.

Gray and Stevenson you would have to consider first picks in their positions but every other place is up for grabs.

I don't mean this in a bad way in that they were all honking and should be dropped - they've all shown a great deal during our good run, a good few haven't been as good as they can be the past few weeks but could make a strong case for selection.

McGregor deserves a mention for forcing his way in and making himself a first-pick. Hanlon has played some superb games for us this season it's mad that he's been displaced into the midfield and then not picked today.

Stubbs has a good problem.
    Last edited by Smartie; 19-12-2015 at 06:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Subs played their part in the win, no doubt about it.

Anier caused them all sorts of problems, and Malonga...well, he was class.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Malonga would be the first name on my team sheet.

Oxley follows him, McGinn behind that and then McGeoch if he's fit.

Gray and Stevenson you would have to consider first picks in their positions but every other place is up for grabs.

I don't mean this in a bad way in that they were all honking and should be dropped - they've all shown a great deal during our good run, a good few haven't been as good as they can be the past few weeks but could make a strong case for selection.

McGregor deserves a mention for forcing his way in and making himself a first-pick. Hanlon has played some superb games for us this season it's mad that he's been displaced into the misfiled and then not picked today.

Stubbs has a good problem.
    Aye I was wondering what the deal with Hanlon was today, did he have some sort of a knock? Seems strange to me that he'd be dropped as he's been the best out of the CBs every time i've seen us this season

Oh, and good on you for pointing our the contribution Feruz made.

I thought his positive running with the ball forced them back and helped us considerably.

He's struggled to impose himself in his time with us so far and it's been easy to make excuses for it being difficult to impose himself on a game when he only gets 5-10 minutes at the end of a game.

He did very well indeed today, as did the other 2 subs.

Shame if Anier goes back to DU in January.

Definitely unsettled them when he came on and would be interesting to see him get a full 90 minutes.

First Team Breakthrough
    Aye I was wondering what the deal with Hanlon was today, did he have some sort of a knock? Seems strange to me that he'd be dropped as he's been the best out of the CBs every time i've seen us this season
    Think we miss Hanlon for his distribution from the back, neither centre back today can pass through midfield as well as him

In Stubbs we trust!!!

I think Stubbs was resting Malonga for the The Rangers game. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't start against the The Rangers.

Difficult to pick a team because no one is playing that well is another, perhaps more realistic way, of looking at it.
    Malonga has to start at Ibrox because he's the best we have at holding play up and linking with others and Cummings is the best finisher we have and absolutely loves a goal against the Gers.
    Keatings is an out-and-out forward so feel a bit sorry for him getting put into other positions. We can get away with it against lesser teams but don't think Stubbs can go with three up top.
    We could really do with McGeouch being fit for next Monday. What's the latest with him and Bartley?
    Anier looks a good option, pity he's away after the 28th...

Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    Difficult to pick a team because no one is playing that well is another, perhaps more realistic way, of looking at it.
    Malonga has to start at Ibrox because he's the best we have at holding play up and linking with others and Cummings is the best finisher we have and absolutely loves a goal against the Gers.
    Keatings is an out-and-out forward so feel a bit sorry for him getting put into other positions. We can get away with it against lesser teams but don't think Stubbs can go with three up top.
    We could really do with McGeouch being fit for next Monday. What's the latest with him and Bartley?
    Anier looks a good option, pity he's away after the 28th...

Your glass half empty is it?

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar

The stats from the BBC look like we deserved the win but it certainly didn't feel that way - not until the subs were on anyway.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35078910

Malonga's best position had seemed to be behind the front two but seeing Feruz ferreting away behind Malonga and Anier looks an even better bet.

Keatings scored 5 goals in 2 games playing behind the front men?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Keatings scored 5 goals in 2 games playing behind the front men?
    Did not much today apart from miss an easy header first half. Not sure he's a midfielder, gives the ball away a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by bookert View Post
    Did not much today apart from miss an easy header first half. Not sure he's a midfielder, gives the ball away a lot.
    He also gets it and drives forward, gets into little pockets of space well and always looks a threat.