hibs.net Messageboard

I'm A Celebrity - Come on the Hbees

Watching Come Dine with Me last night, which featured Sean Hughes the Irish comedian, brought back memories of him and his mates standing behind me in the old east stand at Easter Road in August 2007 against Aberdeen. Things weren't looking good at one point when we were trailing 3-1 but we came back strong and got a couple of goals without reply to finally draw 3-3. Also saw him at Fir Park, Motherwell a year or two after that so must have a soft spot for the mighty Hibees.

Which celebs have you seen at Easter Road or at an away match supporting the Hibees?

Fill yer boots.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Craig and Charlie, Lloyd Quinnan would complete my list although Leigh G wad in the West last week

Sent via the bushes @ EM

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    Outside of the usual ex player appearances, Dougray Scott, Jamie Murray and Irvine Welsh of the top of my head.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Craig and Charlie, Lloyd Quinnan would complete my list although Leigh G wad in the West last week

Sent via the bushes @ EM
    I've seen Quinnan at ER this season.
    My mate had a seat near Fish several seasons ago (in the East Stand I think).

Jumping about like a daftie with Charlie Reid after Paul Tosh scored in the play off second leg against Airdrie.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Comedian Andrew Maxwell

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    SilverHibee
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member
    Judy Murray and Bernard Gallagher

A young Catherine Zeta-Jones graced the slum that was the Gorgie Road (then Hibs) end in the 80's with John Leslie. And -please excuse the overt sexism here- a bloody fit **** she darn well looked too.

The (strangely) asterixed out work was **** I only say this as I wouldn't want people thinking I used something a little closer to the knuckle.

I sat in the main stand in the comfy seats with Dougray Scott few years back. Was against Hearts I think it Aberdeen. Really nice guy and very down to earth!

I'd thought he would have waited until the crowds went but he left with everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    A young Catherine Zeta-Jones graced the slum that was the Gorgie Road (then Hibs) end in the 80's with John Leslie. And -please excuse the overt sexism here- a bloody fit **** she darn well looked too.
    I was standing close by when we scored. A lot of fans moved closer for a wee "cuddle"

Arrived late to partick away years ago just as Irvine Welsh was being thrown out

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    You should see her now.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Judy Murray and Bernard Gallagher

I met Bernard a couple of years ago in the hospitality before the cup final. I got speaking to him and asked if he would be interested in joining the London Hibs Golf Society. "I'd be delighted to" was his reply. I then asked him with sincerity to submit us two recent scorecards so we could assess his ability and allocate him a handicap.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Sat next to Helen Grace from Brookside (she was the one bedding her brother!). Stunning looking lassie, as all Hibees are :)

Left by mutual consent!
    She had a helluva fur coat with a snorkel-style hood on that night as i recall. Not that she left an impression likes.

Tam Dean Burn in the old East

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post

I met Bernard a couple of years ago in the hospitality before the cup final. I got speaking to him and asked if he would be interested in joining the London Hibs Golf Society. "I'd be delighted to" was his reply. I then asked him with sincerity to submit us two recent scorecards so we could assess his ability and allocate him a handicap.

........and?

@hibs.net private member Cool_Hand_Luke's Avatar
    Jimmy from River City did/does sit in the row behind me...not seen him for a while though, and Lloyd Quinnan used to sit at the end of our row...not sure where he's moved to though

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Have seen Fish ,Pat Nevin , Charlie or Craig :) all in the East .

GGTTH
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Frank Dougan

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by callumlaidlaw View Post
    andrew maxwell
    ftfy

Left by mutual consent!
    Seen The ginger heided chap who was is in Corrie, his daughter was the diabetic lassie that was on some witness protection scheme. Seen him outside the shop back in the early 2000's

Believe it or not I did actually see Dougray Scott at a game at Easter Road against Dunfermline I think, we won 5-0 or 5-1 roundabout the AEK period

Also saw Kenny MacKaskill at the last 2 AGM's

Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    I was standing close by when we scored. A lot of fans moved closer for a wee "cuddle"

Arrived late to partick away years ago just as Irvine Welsh was being thrown out
    On same evening.....me and an old pal of mine who had/have been going to ER since boys went for a quick pint in the Waverley station before going through for the game (Talisman bar but may have got name wrong there...?). Sat in the bar were Irvine Welsh and his pal (Paul Reekie, again name be wrong there...) hunched together blethering to one another.

No no being the shy ones we sat close by and got chatting....asked IW if he was going to the game and he initially thought we were at home that night, actually we were away at firhill.....he proceeded to buy a crate of tenants for the train and off we set.

As we were late we hopped in a taxi to get the 4 of us to Firlhill.....IW started all the old "Weegie" songs......got to the ground and as I looked round before entering the stadium I saw the taxi man having a word with the bobby from outside the ground.....no sooner had we sat down that the cops aarrived and carted of our literary hero.......breach of the peace from memory and all over the press the next day as Trainspotting had started to become big news.

to be fair or was the most exciting the evening got, 0-0 on a dour wet night in Glasgow......

GGTTH

I had Dougie Henshall sitting beside me a few years back.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SausageSurprise View Post
    Believe it or not I did actually see Dougray Scott at a game at Easter Road against Dunfermline I think, we won 5-0 or 5-1 roundabout the AEK period
    I believe you - I sat in the row in front of him in the West at the GOC we only need 10 men last minute winner derby.

It was hilarious when Geebs scored the equalising penalty and Catherine was mobbed by the punters, with Leslie being shoved out of the way.

Blog Entries
    Jimmy Mullen in River City regularly attends games

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    I've seen Quinnan at ER this season.
    My mate had a seat near Fish several seasons ago (in the East Stand I think).
    Lloyd sits in the west lower in front of us.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I believe you - I sat in the row in front of him in the West at the GOC we only need 10 men last minute winner derby.
    Not seen him at the fitba, but met Dougray Scott a few years ago at an event - definitely a good Hibby.