hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Mcginn two match ban?

On the radio they said John mcginn would miss our next two matches. Queens and the Rangers? I thought it would only be the one game...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the radio they said John mcginn would miss our next two matches. Queens and the Rangers? I thought it would only be the one game...

I assume he he was sent off for serious foul play rather than violent conduct? If that's the case it should be next game & probably one later. If Sevco was next week I have no doubt we would appeal regardless of circumstances. What's folks thoughts? Harsh red or deserved? Any chance of winning an appeal? ( I'm in London so not there today).

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I assume he he was sent off for serious foul play rather than violent conduct? If that's the case it should be next game & probably one later. If Sevco was next week I have no doubt we would appeal regardless of circumstances. What's folks thoughts? Harsh red or deserved? Any chance of winning an appeal? ( I'm in London so not there today).
    Red all day long. No grounds for an appeal IMO.

No chance of winning appeal but if the ref had just booked him I doubt there would be any complaints. Let's hope he's available for ibrox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Red all day long. No grounds for an appeal IMO.
    Was it? I didn't get a good look because there were players blocking my view. Did he lash out? At least 3 Falkirk players had a nibble as he made his way forward....

BTW not saying I didn't think it was a red card. Genuinely did't see it clearly.

Looked late and straight onto his ankle.

Though with the standard of refs we seem to get I've seen others get away with that this season.

Red for me - though it looked like an assault on Stevenson near the end. Didn't look good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Was it? I didn't get a good look because there were players blocking my view. Did he lash out? At least 3 Falkirk players had a nibble as he made his way forward....

BTW not saying I didn't think it was a red card. Genuinely did't see it clearly.
    Straight red from my angle. You could tell he was losing the ball and just lunged in. Could have been a bad one and for me no complaints. But I'd still appeal as you just never know.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    If you appeal is there not an immediate deferral for the next game and then you would miss the two after that if the ban still stands?

@hibs.net private member
    I thought it was a red. He was not in control as he launched at the ball

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post

I just thought his studs were up and he completely missed the ball. Also flew in a bit so I don't think he can have any complaints.

You're right though, he could have had a free kick prior to it but tried to keep going.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Straight red from my angle. You could tell he was losing the ball and just lunged in. Could have been a bad one and for me no complaints. But I'd still appeal as you just never know.
    Ref had no choice. I don't think Stubbs will support an appeal, though it'll be interesting to see what he says about some of the other decisions, eg. Fontaine's booking.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Definite red. Straight leg with studs up. He wasn't having a very good game by his standards and I wondered if his head was in the right place following the death of that young boy. McGinn is still young and may not have had to deal with bereavement before.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    If you appeal is there not an immediate deferral for the next game and then you would miss the two after that if the ban still stands?
    No, we'll have until some time next week (perhaps Wednesday or Thursday) to lodge any appeal and then it will be heard before next Saturday.

Stubbs said after the game we would appeal.

Will be a massive blow for us if he misses ibrox.

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    Definite red. Straight leg with studs up. He wasn't having a very good game by his standards and I wondered if his head was in the right place following the death of that young boy. McGinn is still young and may not have had to deal with bereavement before.
    Falkirk players reaction + standard inexperienced referee = Red card

Booking, talking to but nothing more...

IMO extremely poor decision

For me the break effected us today, looked rusty and Falkirk destroyed football with that performance.

Like playing Airdrie in the 90's under Alex MacDonald

Anti football

It's all about consistency for me, there centre midfielder, Vaulks, gives away two fouls, on the second one shouts in the refs face, throws his arms about and then slams the ball in the ground, no yellow, his next foul he gets booked, he then gives four fouls away second half and escapes a second yellow!

McGinn's wasn't a 'lunge' it was a stretch as the ball was running away from him... The Falkirk player got there first but then rolls around and the rest surround McGinn! The ref raced in like Willie Collum does and it was only ever going to be red, had he given himself a couple of seconds and seen the player wasn't even injured he'd have realised a yellow sufficed!!

Will he definitely miss the game at Ibrox or does nobody know?

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    From the West upper it looked like a Red, as others say a bit of a rush of blood to the head, he will learn from it though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    I have a feeling it will be two games but I'm not certain.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    It's all about consistency for me, there centre midfielder, Vaulks, gives away two fouls, on the second one shouts in the refs face, throws his arms about and then slams the ball in the ground, no yellow, his next foul he gets booked, he then gives four fouls away second half and escapes a second yellow!

McGinn's wasn't a 'lunge' it was a stretch as the ball was running away from him... The Falkirk player got there first but then rolls around and the rest surround McGinn! The ref raced in like Willie Collum does and it was only ever going to be red, had he given himself a couple of seconds and seen the player wasn't even injured he'd have realised a yellow sufficed!!
    This for me

Crap referees shouldn't be accepted. That's not sour grapes - just a valid point. We've won lots of matches and I've still walked away shaking my head at refs.

Good referees give themselves time, speak to linesmen etc...

In all seriousness, it's actually frightening the standard we are seeing these days.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post

That is how I saw it. The ref rushed his decision and Kerr made the most of it.

He was quite inconsistent throughout.

Did think it was a harsh booking for JC as well from FF. Contact was definitely made but he made the most of it which maybe stopped the ref from giving a penalty.

@hibs.net private member
    **** this it was a red crap. A Rangers player wouldn't get sent off and recieve a two match ban for it.

We should appeal and if we don't win the appeal, kick up a fuss.

Not a chance a home player at Ibrox gets sent off for the same thing.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    Seems like nobody knows!

You'd think there'd be a rule saying how long the ban is for the type of offence.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    No, we'll have until some time next week (perhaps Wednesday or Thursday) to lodge any appeal and then it will be heard before next Saturday.
    How do some teams get acussed of bending the rules by appealing when they know that they have no chance of overturning the red card? Is that just down to logistics when the appeal can't be heard before the next game?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    **** this it was a red crap. A Rangers player wouldn't get sent off and recieve a two match ban for it.

We should appeal and if we don't win the appeal, kick up a fuss.

Not a chance a home player at Ibrox gets sent off for the same thing.
    Oh dear, that definitely doesn't sound good.

Anyone know if he's been to see a doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    How do some teams get acussed of bending the rules by appealing when they know that they have no chance of overturning the red card? Is that just down to logistics when the appeal can't be heard before the next game?
    Think so, yeah.

If a player gets sent off on the Wednesday and they have another match on the Saturday then the club concerned may be able to put in a late appeal, which means that their player is able to play on the Saturday.

Considering we don't have a match for another week, there's no chance of that happening.

Not deliberate but he did catch him. Houston said he didn't think it was a red at the time but when he saw the state of Kerr's leg at half time he changed his mind.
    Kerr showed the press his injury after the game

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Serious foul play was always an automatic one match ban, where is the 2nd game suspension coming from?

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Can't believe how many are saying it was deserved. A booking would have been correct. Yeah he caught the boy but never a red. We'd lose an appeal though I'm fairly sure, especially since it would free him up for Ibrox