hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic

Loyalty points in club store?

I will probably be spending a small fortune this Christmas in our club store. Do we get loyalty points with money spent in store? If not this should be something the clubs should look to introduce

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will probably be spending a small fortune this Christmas in our club store. Do we get loyalty points with money spent in store? If not this should be something the clubs should look to introduce
    No.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    No.
    Well in my opinion this should be something hibs should look at.

When you think how much it costs to buy a full kit, training kits plus bits and bobs. It's a lot of money getting pumped into the club!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    Well in my opinion this should be something hibs should look at.

When you think how much it costs to buy a full kit, training kits plus bits and bobs. It's a lot of money getting pumped into the club!
    Is it though? The shop is run externally is it not?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Is it though? The shop is run externally is it not?
    You might be right. Even so we are still spending money on Hibernian.

@hibs.net private member
    At this moment in time there is no way to manage an allocation as it is two separate systems

I think travelling from Yorkshire should gain extra points for game I attend, agree?

If you get points though for joining share scheme then they should maybe look at points from clubshop?
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    What next..... Pies...Bovril the list is endless. :-)

Loyalty points should really only be for attendance of games......The HSL giving points was a mistake in my opinion, it is amost rewarding those with the most money (And shareholders who bought directly got none?)....This should be were a reward scheme comes into play........IMO
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Loyalty points should really only be for attendance of games......The HSL giving points was a mistake in my opinion, it is amost rewarding those with the most money (And shareholders who bought directly got none?)....This should be were a reward scheme comes into play........IMO
    Yeh, but I have a warm fuzzy feeling for buying direct and a lovely share certificate with my name on it ( :

Quote Originally Posted by eddiethedog View Post
    Yeh, but I have a warm fuzzy feeling for buying direct and a lovely share certificate with my name on it ( :

Coaching Staff
    Going to games isn't the only way for a supporter to be loyal to the club.

The money argument isn't really a fair one. Perhaps others would buy a season ticket or go to every single away game if they could afford it?

I thought the scheme was really there to bridge the gap between walk ups and season ticket holders but if it's more than that and it is creating levels then every way that people commit to the club should be recognised.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

The money argument isn't really a fair one. Perhaps others would buy a season ticket or go to every single away game if they could afford it?

I thought the scheme was really there to bridge the gap between walk ups and season ticket holders but if it's more than that and it is creating levels then every way that people commit to the club should be recognised.
    I wasn't involved in the setting up of the scheme, but thought it was put in place to make sure that the regular fans got a chance to buy tickets 1st, for key games. The whole thing starting to become a bit of a lottery now

Been here before, it's silly to complicate an easy system....Why for example do contributor's to HSL get points but shareholder's who bought directly get nowt.....The whole point of scheme was to reward attendance, not spend, and help walk up's gain recognition for big games, through gaining points......

As the say in the Den "I'm out"............

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries

The Scheme was brought in to Reward those who go to the most games with priority when it comes to getting tickets for games where there is a higher demand and as a result it should only take into account points earned from attending matches.

If people want to get points for buying stuff in the club shop then by all means give them priority on items for sale in the shop but buying merchandise shouldn't go towards loyalty points for tickets. Neither should HSL memberships.

The point, I believe of any loyalty scheme should be to increase the level of supporter investment to the club! Is attending away games and the price it costs that much different from buying kit. It's really just a matter of choice and how much money you have to spend. The traditional mindset is this would be attendance at games. I think we should transform the LP system to maximise all income that will improve the team on the park (Maybe another first for HFC) It does not matter that people think they know why it was initially introduced. What matters is if we can improve / alter it to ensure we have every reason to ensure we spend our hard earned money on the team we support. Even if 1 person was persuaded to join HSL because of 100 loyalty points then how can that be a bad thing for the club and AS budget. Points could be allocated for purchases in - Club store, Behind the goals, Training camps, Hibs TV, Stadium tours, Lotto, Purchase of stones, Xmas parties and obviously HSL / Shareholders. We could easily incorporate a system that calculated appropriate points for relevant investment in our team. All in my own humble and honest opinion.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Loopz View Post
    The point, I believe of any loyalty scheme should be to increase the level of supporter investment to the club! Is attending away games and the price it costs that much different from buying kit. It's really just a matter of choice and how much money you have to spend. The traditional mindset is this would be attendance at games. I think we should transform the LP system to maximise all income that will improve the team on the park (Maybe another first for HFC) It does not matter that people think they know why it was initially introduced. What matters is if we can improve / alter it to ensure we have every reason to ensure we spend our hard earned money on the team we support. Even if 1 person was persuaded to join HSL because of 100 loyalty points then how can that be a bad thing for the club and AS budget. Points could be allocated for purchases in - Club store, Behind the goals, Training camps, Hibs TV, Stadium tours, Lotto, Purchase of stones, Xmas parties and obviously HSL / Shareholders. We could easily incorporate a system that calculated appropriate points for relevant investment in our team. All in my own humble and honest opinion.
    This is exactly what I was thinking. 10/10

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by My Wife Camille View Post
    The Scheme was brought in to Reward those who go to the most games with priority when it comes to getting tickets for games where there is a higher demand and as a result it should only take into account points earned from attending matches.

If people want to get points for buying stuff in the club shop then by all means give them priority on items for sale in the shop but buying merchandise shouldn't go towards loyalty points for tickets. Neither should HSL memberships.
    The interpretation of this seems to depend on where you categorise yourself.

For the folk that are able to go to all games I think they have assumed this is there to reward them.

For folk who walk up but can't buy a ST but want some sort of recognition and priority for bigger games then that was the reason.

I'm in a category in the middle somewhere and don't care too much either way but I think I'm more of a view that it should be used to maximise spending on Hibs and recognise that - support in person is important but so is hard cash to the club.
    Last edited by Andy74; 03-12-2015 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I wasn't involved in the setting up of the scheme, but thought it was put in place to make sure that the regular fans got a chance to buy tickets 1st, for key games. The whole thing starting to become a bit of a lottery now
    Spot on for me. If the benefit of how loyalty points is priority on purchasing tickets, then it is by purchasing tickets that said points should be earned. Works for every other club that does it, and is as simple as that for me. Otherwise as otherwise stated then the list is endless. However I would be very much in favour of Bovril and pizza slice loyalty cards

Quote Originally Posted by Loopz View Post
    I wonder if what we need is a two tier loyalty system where the pointa allocated count towards different things. Season tickets, away tickets or anything to do with attending a game counts towards getting tickets for places like Ibrox or cup finals etc. All other points gained, HSL, shop, pie stand counts towards some sort of discount in the shop or behind the goals.

It would require everyone who had points having some sort of card be it a ST or loyalty card that could be used at the till or even add tickets onto rather than print at home.

@hibs.net private member
    As with all schemes they develop. Initially it was thought a good idea for walk up fans, yet every week fans still buy from the pods. I go to away games but as I don't live in Edinburgh I just PATG. There are lots of supporters that do this and miss out on points. I can't think of many games where the loyalty points will be even needed, with obvious semi final not included. Apart from the play off game at Ibrox have we sold out our allocation anywhere in the last 2 seasons? I just think too many people get worked up over this scheme.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    As with all schemes they develop. Initially it was thought a good idea for walk up fans, yet every week fans still buy from the pods. I go to away games but as I don't live in Edinburgh I just PATG. There are lots of supporters that do this and miss out on points. I can't think of many games where the loyalty points will be even needed, with obvious semi final not included. Apart from the play off game at Ibrox have we sold out our allocation anywhere in the last 2 seasons? I just think too many people get worked up over this scheme.
    Tynecastle last season 1-1 draw.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    The interpretation of this seems to depend on where you categorise yourself.

For the folk that are able to go to all games I think they have assumed this is there to reward them.

For folk who walk up but can't buy a ST but want some sort of recognition and priority for bigger games then that was the reason.

I'm in a category in the middle somewhere and don't care too much either way but I think I'm more of a view that it should be used to maximise spending on Hibs and recognise that - support in person is important but so is hard cash to the club.
    Agreed, that's why I said that if they spend money in the shop the reward them with points that can be redeemed in the club shop. Give them a pre-sale of the new kit when it comes out or a priority on calendars or something. Don't give them loyalty points that can get them priority for match tickets when they don't buy match tickets. It's both unfair and illogical.

I agree baldy

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Tynecastle last season 1-1 draw.
    Thanks, so two games in just under 2 years. Tickets for games are available to most fans every week, not really worth getting worked up about

Thanks, so two games in just under 2 years. Tickets for games are available to most fans every week, not really worth getting worked up about
    I'm starting to wonder if the scheme is worth the effort at all. It would be interesting to know if it makes a real practical difference to anybody.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if the scheme is worth the effort at all. It would be interesting to know if it makes a real practical difference to anybody.
    It helps Hibs TO if ticket sales are staggered. If 3,000 logged/Queued up for 900 tickets for Rangers, may cause mayhem.
    I know quite a few people who go home and away all the time, missed out on tickets for the play of game at Ibrox, yet I met a few people at the game who'd only been to a few games all season

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    The Rangers game last year when Stevenson scored. Was one of only 2 games I missed last year and I would have been able to go if there was a loyalty system in place after the time.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    It helps Hibs TO if ticket sales are staggered. If 3,000 logged/Queued up for 900 tickets for Rangers, may cause mayhem.
    I know quite a few people who go home and away all the time, missed out on tickets for the play of game at Ibrox, yet I met a few people at the game who'd only been to a few games all season
    It's not what you do its who you know.

J

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Falkirk, Ibrox twice, Dumbarton, Hearts and that's just a few that I can think of that the away end was sold out. I am sure there will be plenty more.

Something that appears to get missed in a lot of the discussions is that having more loyalty points gives you the option to buy tickets earlier meaning that you can potentially get better tickets i.e. the small stand at Alloa especially if it is raining.