hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062

league reconstruction

Will it won't it happen for next season or the next?

Mr Neilston from Gorgie doesn't think so.

I for one think Falkirk,Raith and Queen of the South would handle moving up.
    As for finances the top league have handled only one Weegie team in the league for 3 seasons.......

Thoughts

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    If The Rangers don't go up automatically, I think it'll magically happen.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto7062 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will it won't it happen for next season or the next? Mr Neilston from Gorgie doesn't think so. I for one think Falkirk,Raith and Queen of the South would handle moving up. As for finances the top league have handled only one Weegie team in the league for 3 seasons....... Thoughts
    Based on fan base St Midden and Morton possibles as well

I am pretty sure you have to give Uefa a years notice, so unless it has been done behind the scenes, its a no go.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    That famous phrase "sporting integrity" comes to mind. Clubs have to know at the start of the season what they're playing for.

On that basis, it's a no-no from me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

I for one think Falkirk,Raith and Queen of the South would handle moving up.
    As for finances the top league have handled only one Weegie team in the league for 3 seasons.......

Thoughts
    When did Thistle move out?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    Lots of folk said that last season.

Just paranoia I think.
    Last edited by Danderhall Hibs; 21-11-2015 at 08:14 AM.

Think the Falkirk chairman (if it wasn't him it was someone else connected with the club) was in the papers this morning calling for a 16 team league. Wouldnt be at the end of this season but the season after. Something to do with the playoff deal comming to an end was the reasoning behind his thoughts to as to why it would happen.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    I am pretty sure you have to give Uefa a years notice, so unless it has been done behind the scenes, its a no go.
    Not heard of this before, can you remember where you read it?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    Wasn't the league system changed at the last minute the year Aberdeen were due to be relegated?

Edit: People should realise that a 16 team league wouldn't work. To retain the same number of games, it would have to be 14 with a split, or 20. And a 20 team league would be ridiculous.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 21-11-2015 at 09:16 AM.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Wasn't the league system changed at the last minute the year Aberdeen were due to be relegated?

Edit: People should realise that a 16 team league wouldn't work. To retain the same number of games, it would have to be 14 with a split, or 20. And a 20 team league would be ridiculous.
    Two leagues of 20 with four up four down and play offs might be quite interesting rather than ridiculous. Every club in Scotland with an outside chance of playing with the big boys.

I was told yesterday Hibs met with Falkirk & Motherwell to talk about league reconstruction

Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    This No way will the SPFL allow their beloved Bigots to languish in the lower leagues for another season (and maybe a few more).

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    That famous phrase "sporting integrity" comes to mind. Clubs have to know at the start of the season what they're playing for.

Yeh, but if at the start of the season premiership clubs knew there was no relegation and 4 clubs out of 10 in the championship were going to be promoted it wouldn't exactly have fans flocking to a load of meaningless games. Its not even December and its pretty clear who 3 of the championships top 4 are gonna be.

The SPFL are going to have to make this decision at the end of one season and well before the next one starts, and they are going to have to at least pretend that the play offs took place before they knew they were going to change things. yeh some folk might feel they were conned. But I doubt you would hear many complaints from the supporters of the bottom team in the SP or the teams who failed in the play offs.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

The only thing with that is it would more or less be a meaningless season for most teams in two divisions So I dont see that happening.
    surley it makes sense for so many reasons to have it sorted in the second half of this season and implemented for next season.
    The game is crying out for change

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Yeh, but if at the start of the season premiership clubs knew there was no relegation and 4 clubs out of 10 in the championship were going to be promoted it wouldn't exactly have fans flocking to a load of meaningless games. Its not even December and its pretty clear who 3 of the championships top 4 are gonna be.

The SPFL are going to have to make this decision at the end of one season and well before the next one starts, and they are going to have to at least pretend that the play offs took place before they knew they were going to change things. yeh some folk might feel they were conned. But I doubt you would hear many complaints from the supporters of the bottom team in the SP or the teams who failed in the play offs.
    Sorry my reply is so similar to yours just read yours so I agree with you

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

after todays results the powers that be might be searching for a way to guarantee sevco go up because winning the league at a canter is not going to plan

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This No way will the SPFL allow their beloved Bigots to languish in the lower leagues for another season (and maybe a few more).
    The same was being said last year.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Just to get the conspiracy theories going - how do you organise a league game for next season, when relegation has not been finalised in the current season?

Dundee could play Celtic in the United States next season, the first time a Scottish league game will have been held overseas.
    The Premiership sides are in advanced talks and it is understood the only remaining requirement is the approval of the Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL).

I for one think Falkirk, Raith and Queen of the South would handle moving up.
    Do you not count Partick Thistle?

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

The league cup is changing to sections and being regionalised.
    That gives you another 3 games at home.
    Last edited by Ringothedog; 24-11-2015 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiethedog View Post
    The league cup is changing to sections and being regionalised.
    That gives you another 3 games at home.
    Exactly, when it is mentioned that there were meaningless games in the past i can think of plenty in the present set up towards the end of the season. You have to remember that back in the day there were far less ST holders in fact they were in the vast minority so fans voted with their feet but that would not be the case nowadays where the reverse is true. The game needs changing and fast, if other leagues can have teams playing each other just once at home then we can as well.

My Question with a 16 team top League has always been Have we got enough teams to make a good enough second tier.

IMO you need a strong second tier too our else the same two clubs would inevitably just YoYo every year but I look at the top 12, add ourselves, Sevco, Falkirk and Queens...then you look at a potential second tier with St Mirren, Morton, Raith, Dunfermline, Ayr and Airdrie, and think thats the nucleus of a decent second tier...add in the potential Highland League clubs that have a very decent support and theres definitely scope to seriously look at it now with optmisism rather than blind hope

The Highland League clubs will not want to join a newly created second tier. The travelling costs and times involved in getting from places like Wick and Brora to the central belt and places like Morton / Paisley will mean they will veto any move to create such a league.

I wouldn't bet on it, they might not be too keen to join a 4th tier with continued long distance travel and a lack of away fans through their gates but if there was a mechanism in place that meant they were only one good Season away from Hibs/Celtic/Yams/Aberdeen/Sevco/ICT/Ross County games then I believe the rewards would certainly counter any risks

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    A top league of 14 which splits into two leagues of 7 after 26 games , playing a further 12 games = 38 games
    Or an 18 team league playing 34 games with the new League cup sections making up the shortfall . If we keep our winning streak going ,id not be surprised if the powers be changed it .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

As far as I was aware a seasons notice has to be given before any changes to structure could happen.

This would also need the member clubs to vote and agree.

Does anyone have a link to the rules ?

Therefore I can't see it changing for next season - the season after that maybe - but no vote has taken place.

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    A top league of 14 which splits into two leagues of 7 after 26 games , playing a further 12 games = 38 games
    Rubbish idea. One team would have to miss out on a match every week for the second half of the season.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    Rubbish idea. One team would have to miss out on a match every week for the second half of the season.
    Dont be sitting on the fence jg :) the 2 teams that are not involved can play a game against each other in the USA :). I'll get my coat .

GGTTH
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by GreenDevil View Post
    As far as I was aware a seasons notice has to be given before any changes to structure could happen.

This would also need the member clubs to vote and agree.

Does anyone have a link to the rules ?

Therefore I can't see it changing for next season - the season after that maybe - but no vote has taken place.
    SFA/ SPFL have shown often enough that all their rules are discretionary, depending on which teams are involved. IMO if the Huns look like they're in danger, "rules" will be ignored to avoid armageddon.