hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anier

First Team Breakthrough since90plustwo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FIN1875

Anier

Speaking to one of my mates who was playing last night and said Anier is absolutely rubbish and can't believe we have signed him. Really hope it was a one off because he seemed certain he was out his depth at u20 level

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by finlayhughes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking to one of my mates who was playing last night and said Anier is absolutely rubbish and can't believe we have signed him. Really hope it was a one off because he seemed certain he was out his depth at u20 level
    I reckon his first game back after injury is the best time to judge him.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I was at the game last night and he looked poor but if it's his first game back then fair enough. Baffling signing though and I'm sure that's why Stubbs is so keen for a striker in Jan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carmichael played well though

@hibs.net private member
    He will be released asap IMHO - January I thik.

We were all saying that about Amadou Konte when he first arrived too. And look how that turned out.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    I know it must be a tough time for the doom and gloomers at the moment, but is this the best you guys can do ?? slagging off a guy who is playing his first game back for months ??

Out of his depth at scottish development league level ??

He has played for Estonia at U17, U19, U21, U23 level and has also played 23 times for the full International team scoring 6 goals in those 23 matches. He didn't do terribly well at UTD by all accounts (although he did score some decent goals) but to suggest that a guy that has represented his country at every level, including the senior side 23 times..isn't up to our u20's team it laughable..no one looks good when they are unfit (all right, George Best did..but then he was George Best). Let him get match fit and lets see if he can force his way into a side which already has 4 strikers ahead of him. he was ALWAYS only going to be cover, I suspect Stubbs was concerned that Farid was not going to recover from injury and that would have left us with just 3 forwards and Insall (who obviously is far from the finished article). The chance came to take a loan on an inexperienced International on the cheap and so it was worth a punt as back up...time will tell.

@hibs.net private member
    Sounds like your mate might be clueless.

Definitely out of his depth at hibs.net level.

Stubbs reckons with one more development game he'll be ready to compete for a first team place - I'll listen to him as opposed to your mate if that's OK.

Coaching Staff
    I remember Tam McManus telling me the same thing about David Zitelli after their first reserve outing together.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I remember Tam McManus telling me the same thing about David Zitelli after their first reserve outing together.
    that actually made me laugh

I thought he looked alright at Motherwell but Dundee Utd fans all absolutely slate him whenever he's mentioned. He's been dubbed 'Mr Prolific' by a section of their support in irony.

Have to say, it doesn't bode well. I'll reserve my judgement for when I see him in a hibs shirt, but I think he'll be gone in January I must admit.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    I know it must be a tough time for the doom and gloomers at the moment, but is this the best you guys can do ??
    Have you forgot we are in the first Division?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Have you forgot we are in the first Division?

J
    jeez are we !! when did we get relegated again ?? I thought we were in the Championship

The guy is just no good enough sorry. Shame wi the injury but were no a charity club. Sometimes you have to be a bit ruthless!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Halifaxhibby View Post
    The guy is just no good enough sorry. Shame wi the injury but were no a charity club. Sometimes you have to be a bit ruthless!!!!
    Not good enough based on what ? His 65 minute appearance for the U20's...His 12 appearances for DU ?.. his 23 appearances for his country ? His 52 goals in 86 appearances for his Club side in the top league in Estonia ? His 9 goals for Motherwell in the league above the one we are playing in ? Or someones mate who doesn't like blokes with beards ?

It may very well turn out that he never becomes a regular first team player for Hibs...but if Stubbs is happy to give him a chance..I am too. I will trust the man who has steered us to our longest unbeaten run in recent memory

Sorry i didnt realise i was conversing with the players agent!. At this point in time. He is not good enough mate. Injury attitude etc. Is feruz the same?, he has credentials as well. I trust stubbo. U seem to be more clued up on the mighty estonian football so we'll just agree to disagree mate.

How do you know about his attitude? The injury side has been a bit of a let down, but given his track record he might well turn out to be a valuable asset this season. Then again, it might not work out, but why not wait and see instead of just slating the guy.

Not slating him mate. Seen him play several times and i dont think he's good enough. We have a wealth of forward talent now. With wages tight. I'd rather have cover for lewis and david than another nobody who is, in all honesty, 5th choice striker at best.

@hibs.net private member
    .but if Stubbs is happy to give him a chance..I am too. I will trust the man who has steered us to our longest unbeaten run in recent memory
    In the second tier. Last month or so has been great to watch, but let's not pretend Stubbs is the best thing ever and can do no wrong. Long way to go before Stubbs can be talked in the same way as McLeish, Mowbray or even Collins. Getting us top of the second tier would be a starting point.

To his credit, Stubbs has made some fine signings this season. Anier is not one, however. And yes, I have seen enough of him to make that judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    In the second tier. Last month or so has been great to watch, but let's not pretend Stubbs is the best thing ever and can do no wrong. Long way to go before Stubbs can be talked in the same way as McLeish, Mowbray or even Collins. Getting us top of the second tier would be a starting point.

To his credit, Stubbs has made some fine signings this season. Anier is not one, however. And yes, I have seen enough of him to make that judgement.
    Stubbs has a bigger rebuildin job on his hands than any of the managers you mentioned. Mowbray was lucky that we had a fantastic youth system and the ones coming through.

To just dismiss Hibs unbeaten record because it's in the championship is ridiculous! Personally I think he's a breath of fresh air and better than Collins already. Man management far better and he's built his own side. Collins inherited Mowbrays team.

Anyway back to Anier, don't know anything about the lad, Utd supporting mate thinks he's horrific few others have said he's not very good but happy to wait. Be surprised if he's still with us after Jan imo. His goals for his country were against dross so I won't read much into that. If he does play I'll be right behind him and hope he does well, but Dom, James and Jason will be miles ahead of him in the pecker order.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Stubbs has a bigger rebuildin job on his hands than any of the managers you mentioned. Mowbray was lucky that we had a fantastic youth system and the ones coming through.

To just dismiss Hibs unbeaten record because it's in the championship is ridiculous! Personally I think he's a breath of fresh air and better than Collins already. Man management far better and he's built his own side. Collins inherited Mowbrays team.

Anyway back to Anier, don't know anything about the lad, Utd supporting mate thinks he's horrific few others have said he's not very good but happy to wait. Be surprised if he's still with us after Jan imo. His goals for his country were against dross so I won't read much into that. If he does play I'll be right behind him and hope he does well, but Dom, James and Jason will be miles ahead of him in the pecker order.
    And a fit Farid. And maybe even Boyle.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post

There's a pecker order? Wow, that's a close-knit squad!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Stubbs rate him, but some boy's random mate reckons he's pants.

:hmm:

Decision made. Get him hunted.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Regardless if he's 5th/6th choice the fact Stubbs has said he's pushing for a first team appearance will surely only keep the players wanting to stay in the squad on their toes.

That must be a good thing regardless of what others think

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    There's a pecker order? Wow, that's a close-knit squad!
    😂 Just noticed why you meant. Not even going to edit it, I'll leave it that way!

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    And a fit Farid. And maybe even Boyle.
    Boyle is the player missing out at present ,been used sparingly and recently Feruz has been coming off the bench now he is fit
    Stubbs has said he thinks Anier has a role to play so he must be seeing something in training that makes him think that , but like Feruz ,he would need game time ,and at present the team are getting us the results needed with Cummings, Keatings, and Malonga , but at some point one may pick up an injury so would be good to see others given more game time where possible to show what they can do
    Carmichael came as part of a winning Queen of the South Team but yet hasn't managed to get into team either So it shows what a strong first team we have at present

As for Farid ,Stubbs has again gone public this week saying it will be the second half of season before we may see the best of him ,as he still needs to build up match sharpness and his muscle tone and strength .
    I think it's clear at this stage we can't assume it will work out for Farid ,if it does great ,but if it doesn't he needs another Striker in January window
    In making that statement he will have weighted up the contributions Boyle ,Anier and Feruz have made to date ,but also they can't play the role Farid can if fit ,hence us trying to get John Daly in but that fell through .
    Stubbs won't want to loose key players in January but again you would assume they wil be starting to formulate thier position if a bidding war started for one of our players

I would still like the club to come out before the January window and confirm that unless they get an exceptional bid that is just too good to turn down ,there intention is to hold on to key players until the summer ,and not let a player going derail our promotion prospects .

interesting times ahead I have no doubt but the Board have shown a willingness to back Stubbs and can't see that changing ,

it's a good time to be a Hibee

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I know it must be a tough time for the doom and gloomers at the moment, but is this the best you guys can do ?? slagging off a guy who is playing his first game back for months ??

Out of his depth at scottish development league level ??

He has played for Estonia at U17, U19, U21, U23 level and has also played 23 times for the full International team scoring 6 goals in those 23 matches. He didn't do terribly well at UTD by all accounts (although he did score some decent goals) but to suggest that a guy that has represented his country at every level, including the senior side 23 times..isn't up to our u20's team it laughable..no one looks good when they are unfit (all right, George Best did..but then he was George Best). Let him get match fit and lets see if he can force his way into a side which already has 4 strikers ahead of him. he was ALWAYS only going to be cover, I suspect Stubbs was concerned that Farid was not going to recover from injury and that would have left us with just 3 forwards and Insall (who obviously is far from the finished article). The chance came to take a loan on an inexperienced International on the cheap and so it was worth a punt as back up...time will tell.
    Absolutely nailed it spot on. He has proven at Motherwell he can play at a league higher than we are currently playing at as well as being an international player so if AS wants him as an option and that is all he is dont see anything to be negative about. To be slating the boy after one game on an artificial pitch is laughable to be honest. Give him a few weeks to get fitter and then see where he is.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Not good enough based on what ? His 65 minute appearance for the U20's...His 12 appearances for DU ?.. his 23 appearances for his country ? His 52 goals in 86 appearances for his Club side in the top league in Estonia ? His 9 goals for Motherwell in the league above the one we are playing in ? Or someones mate who doesn't like blokes with beards ?

It may very well turn out that he never becomes a regular first team player for Hibs...but if Stubbs is happy to give him a chance..I am too. I will trust the man who has steered us to our longest unbeaten run in recent memory
    You mean he's got a beard, thats it hes obviously rubbish.