hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malonga

Promising Youngster biggineurope's Avatar

Malonga

Looking for thoughts:

1) Does Dom. Malonga seem selfish too you with what is now repeated " If I can't take the penalty, then I'm spitting the dummy" attitude.

2) Can this attitude have potential to cause unrest within the squad.

I think that he has a chip on his shoulder in respect of the first question, I think he has difficulty with the fact there is no 'I' in team.

As for the second question, although there is potential for unrest, I think Davie Gray is more than man enough to handle the situation and as he has shown 'sort it'.

Your Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    I think you're overthinking it.

I think Malonga has a fantastic attitude generally. Always wants the ball and his team mates appear to like him. His apology to Keatings on Saturday evening suggests to me he's very much a team player.

Saturday was a wee bit daft but probably understandable given he hasn't scored in a few weeks. It will be long forgotten by the squad now and should be by the fans as well.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Some Hibs supporters just need SOMETHING to moan about or nitpick even when things are going well
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    I want our strikers to want to score

Plus, he apologised over social media to James Keatings

Lastly, our front 3 are looking pretty dynamic - more than happy with the 3 of them

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam89 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you're overthinking it.
    I agree. It was a storm in a tea cup. What's past is past.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    I think Dom had a wee hissy fit, as he wanted to take the penalty and get on the score sheet. Keats got his hat-trick, we won the game comfortably, and Dom apologised to Keats via Twitter.
    All is well, done. dusted. And forgotten about.
    Onto the next game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I agree. It was a storm in a tea cup. What's past is past.
    I liked Stubbs' view on the matter .............. 'I leave it to them to sort it out, as long as the ball hits the net........... ' or words to that effect.

@hibs.net private member
    He was out of order at the weekend going in the huff. However, he apologised, seems popular among the players and the whole thing should be forgotten about now.

@hibs.net private member
    Dnt think he was out of order he might have been the second choice penalty taker after Cummings and the lad is working his socks off, playing well and just needs a goal.

Storm in a tea cup as has been said already. Forgotten about and he even publicly
    apologised.

Looked like he was desperate to get on the score sheet and forgot Keatings was on a hat trick. 2nd year here and probably better English helping him to blend in more with the squad.

He just wanted to score a goal. Went onto social media to say sorry that shows he's big enough to admit when he's wrong. Happens up and down the country all the time!

Big Dom is well liked and a good lad!

Its great to see he's passionate and desperate to score but the way he acted after the penalty wasn't on. I'm sure Stubbs will have had a word with him and he's apologised to keatings so hopefully thats an end to it. Hopefully he can use that attitude to work hard and get scoring again.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Yep he's playing well but needs a goal.

Saturdays nonsense has all been dealt with.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    I really like Dom, think he is the most naturally gifted footballer we have. He let himself down on Saturday, he didn't take up a position for any potential rebound from the pen then refused to congratulate Keatings. However I have no doubt he has learned from it and everyone has moved on. The togetherness of the squad is brilliant to see.

@hibs.net private member
    I like the fact he wanted to take the pen. Shows he's hungry for success. I've been critical of him in the past but in recent weeks he's played very well and linking play superbly.

Think we should bring back konte when Dom goes

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    It doesn't bother me to see a player upset that he didn't get to take a penalty. Especially when it's a striker as it just shows he wants to score for this club. He was the first to say sorry to Keats on Twitter and congratulate him on his hat trick. Dom is a quality player and will be a major asset for us this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    He's a goal scorer, he wants to score as many goals as he can. He might be the recognized second penalty taker. He's also apologized to Keating, so that should be it done.

He'll just have to come out against Livi and bang a couple in.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

All good strikers are selfish-it's what makes them good.

What opinion do people have for a different scenario? Say it had been to win the game and Malonga was number two penalty taker and Keatings took it to get his hat trick and missed. Obviously none of that happened-it's a debate about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    All good strikers are selfish-it's what makes them good.

What opinion do people have for a different scenario? Say it had been to win the game and Malonga was number two penalty taker and Keatings took it to get his hat trick and missed. Obviously none of that happened-it's a debate about nothing.
    Don't think that would have happened, If it was crucial the 2nd nominated penalty taker would have taken it. The only reason they gave it to Keatings was we were 3-1 up and he was on a hat trick.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Malonga is one of the best players we've had in recent years, I think he's a quality player, whom I really enjoy watching.

I find it hard to imagine Jason Cummings would have had a similar reaction to the one that Dom got from some posters on here on Saturday, had it been him who was deposed.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by biggineurope View Post
    Looking for thoughts:

I think that he has a chip on his shoulder in respect of the first question,
    I think he has difficulty with the fact there is no 'I' in team.

Your Thoughts?
    There may be no "I" in team, but there are two in "Hibernian". Strikers need to be a bit selfish and both Keatings and Jason are guilty of shooting when there are better options at times...Dom just wants to score..which is a striker is a good thing. He's due a cracker..mark my words.

Blog Entries
    Malonga will also be keen to keep his goal tally in order to retain his International selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Malonga is one of the best players we've had in recent years, I think he's a quality player, whom I really enjoy watching.

I find it hard to imagine Jason Cummings would have had a similar reaction to the one that Dom got from some posters on here on Saturday, had it been him who was deposed.
    Nobody has a problem with Dom wanting to take the penalty, it was his petulance at Keatings being allowed to take it.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Nobody has a problem with Dom wanting to take the penalty, it was his petulance at Keatings being allowed to take it.
    That's exactly what I'm referring to - Cummings has had more than his share of petulant moments.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by biggineurope View Post
    Looking for thoughts:

1) Does Dom. Malonga seem selfish too you with what is now repeated " If I can't take the penalty, then I'm spitting the dummy" attitude.

2) Can this attitude have potential to cause unrest within the squad.

I think that he has a chip on his shoulder in respect of the first question, I think he has difficulty with the fact there is no 'I' in team.

As for the second question, although there is potential for unrest, I think Davie Gray is more than man enough to handle the situation and as he has shown 'sort it'.

Your Thoughts?
    I'm thinking it's strange that you'd post something as potentially divisive as this then log off almost immediately.

Big G in Europe? Who or what is Big G?

Your thoughts?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I'm thinking it's strange that you'd post something as potentially divisive as this then log off almost immediately.

Big G in Europe? Who or what is Big G?

Me? God? 😄

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    Me? God? 
    I was thinking Big as in Big team, G as in Gorgie.

But you could be right.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Why bring this up again, unless to stir up trouble?

There was a spat between the two players on the pitch. Dom wasn't happy - I wouldn't have been in his position; he's a striker, there to score goals, and I'd rather we had two or three players wanting to take our penalties than everybody hanging back and trying to blend into the landscape.

Dom later apologised; the matter seems to be over and done with, yet some posters on this forum seem to want to keep it going.

So again - why?

The only expression I can honestly apply to posts like the OP is "****-stirring".

So, yet again, why?