hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First Team Regular

Abuse on Saturday

I was in the stand opposite the main stand yesterday and was disgusted by the behaviour of a few of our fans who gave Thomson and Goodwin dogs abuse I don't have a problem with giving players a few verbals but they were out of order screaming f--k you Thomsan abd Goodwin There were lots of womem and children around who must have been mortified .We hear this sort of thing from the west coast a lot and condemn them for it Therefore i say grow up guys and show a bit of what we call Hibs class

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I thought it was funny.

Not sure if this thread is serious....

Young men in swearing at football shocker! If this sort of thing is out of order, we'd be as well closing the doors now!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I'll be 100% honest here and say i wish we got on the opposition's backs more often. Generally hear more abuse from Hibs fans to Hibs players than to opponents, which is a bit mental (that said, i don't hear that much aimed at Hibs players these days).
    I didn't hear what was shouted at Goodwin or Thomson so if it was over the top then that's not great, but i think Goodwin especially is liable to rise to the abuse and do something stupid in our favour, so I'd be hoping for him to be getting it tight from the Hibs support.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I learnt most of my sweary words on the terraces.

Left by mutual consent!
    Whatever happened to good old fashioned hibs songs?

Need to kick these offensive songs into touch, not hibs class.

Deary me

Don't have a particular problem with any of the chants mentioned in the OP, however the paedophile chants aimed towards Jamie Langfield yesterday were an utter disgrace.

We really need to stop this paedophile chanting nonsense at players we don't like, it's really tiresome.

Also didn't like hearing Mark Oxley being called an "English *******" early in the game after he was caught out a bit at a cross or the shouts of "orange *******" towards the referee and also Steven Thompson.

Disappointing on an otherwise fantastic day.

Boy beside me called Malonga a ****ing p***k repeatedly after the penalty hoo-ha. With almost blood-spitting anger.

People are strange.

Testimonial Due
    Every week there's always one.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was in the stand opposite the main stand yesterday and was disgusted by the behaviour of a few of our fans who gave Thomson and Goodwin dogs abuse I don't have a problem with giving players a few verbals but they were out of order screaming f--k you Thomsan abd Goodwin There were lots of womem and children around who must have been mortified .We hear this sort of thing from the west coast a lot and condemn them for it Therefore i say grow up guys and show a bit of what we call Hibs class
    There were lots of woman and children dishing out the abuse. I have an appointment with a counsellor tomorrow. The **** better help me get over this.
    Last edited by marinello59; 08-11-2015 at 09:23 PM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Do children get influenced by what they hear at the football? I was brought up listening to swearing at ER or hearing even worse watching my Dad play East of Scotland. I always had a wee smirk about it but knew better than to repeat it in front of say a teacher or a Grandparent. I probably heard worse in the school playground than someone saying f*** at the football.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Mortified! If these women and children you mention are regular attendees they will hardly be mortified at hearing swearing at a football match. Hear the words Hibs class trotted out far too often on here as if our own support should behave like royalty at a game. Yes it's not great to listen to foul and abusive language but I think you have to accept the surroundings you are in to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Don't have a particular problem with any of the chants mentioned in the OP, however the paedophile chants aimed towards Jamie Langfield yesterday were an utter disgrace.

We really need to stop this paedophile chanting nonsense at players we don't like, it's really tiresome.

Also didn't like hearing Mark Oxley being called an "English *******" early in the game after he was caught out a bit at a cross or the shouts of "orange *******" towards the referee and also Steven Thompson.

The shouts towards langfield were disgusting and came from a very drunken group at the back of the stand behind the goals, a lot of people shouted at them to shut up!

As for women being offended with the swearing........I'm worse than men at times

The Thompson **** you got boring after the first minute or so.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Jim Goodwin is a s**ttrumpet of the highest order.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Jim Goodwin is a s**ttrumpet of the highest order.
    Perhaps pensioners shouldn't post on here if they are not to have an opinion

I never heard those, Trig but I did hear a wee group down the front, behind Langfield's goal giving him good natured abuse, to which he responded in kind. Made me smile and made Langfield smile too. Reminded me of the banter we used to have with Andy Rhodes of the Pars.

All this peadophile stuff is sickening but I can't see it going away any time soon
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar

Bless your cotton socks petal. I hope you're never in my vicinity at a Derby you might implode
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I never heard those, Trig but I did hear a wee group down the front, behind Langfield's goal giving him good natured abuse, to which he responded in kind. Made me smile and made Langfield smile too. Reminded me of the banter we used to have with Andy Rhodes of the Pars.

All this peadophile stuff is sickening but I can't see it going away any time soon
    I saw that too just at the start of the second half and good on Langfield for taking it all in good spirits.

The paedophile chants were coming from the back of the stand during the second half, not sure how many people were involved but I heard it several times and there were cries of "beast" when he was taking goal kicks as well.

All really sad and quite pathetic.

First Team Breakthrough Coults1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    The shouts towards langfield were disgusting and came from a very drunken group at the back of the stand behind the goals, a lot of people shouted at them to shut up!

As for women being offended with the swearing........I'm worse than men at times
    Drunken and whatever they were smoking throughout the game... Every shout to langfield came from one guy within the group (got boring after the first shout) he also had it in for some of our own players (mcgregor especially) which was pretty disappointing.

I saw that too just at the start of the second half and good on Langfield for taking it all in good spirits.

The paedophile chants were coming from the back of the stand during the second half, not sure how many people were involved but I heard it several times and there were cries of "beast" when he was taking goal kicks as well.

All really sad and quite pathetic.
    This is how it feels

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post

Bless your cotton socks petal. I hope you're never in my vicinity at a Derby you might implode
    There is always one and you are obviously it

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    I learnt most of my sweary words on the terraces.
    From Hibby women and children most likely

Its he abuse Malonga is getting from our own fans that is doing my head in.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    There were lots of woman and children dishing out the abuse. I have an appointment with a counsellor tomorrow. The **** better help me get over this.
    Sorry about that

Have to say, for all he's a f*d, Langfield took the 'abuse' he received in good humour (not the paedophile stuff, I hasten to add)

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Perhaps pensioners shouldn't post on here if they are not to have an opinion
    Where did I ever say that?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    There is always one and you are obviously it
    😘☺️
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Its he abuse Malonga is getting from our own fans that is doing my head in.
    The 'abuse' Malonga gets from our support is massively exaggerated. He got a bit of stick yesterday for chucking his toys out the pram. But walking off the park he still got a wee rendition of do do do, Doninique Malonga. The same song that is sung to him on a weekly basis.

Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post

Aye, you're a f$%&ing disgrace, N