hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: No strike force

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

No strike force

A topical debate recently so I wondered, if you deduct their usual penalty awards how potent has the yam strike force been this season?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A topical debate recently so I wondered, if you deduct their usual penalty awards how potent has the yam strike force been this season?
    Interesting question.

I think the boy Juanma leads their line well, grabs a few goals and is strong enough to give defenders big problems.

However, take him away and they are a bit toothless - I don't rate Sow at that level.

What they do have though is players chipping in from different positions (like us on Wednesday) and players with speed and skill hitting the box - hence all the penalties.

On a related note, prize chump or not, Der Hun striker Waghorn is a right handful too. I said to my dad on Sunday that a player like him would add something to any team.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Interesting question.

I think the boy Juanma leads their line well, grabs a few goals and is strong enough to give defenders big problems.

However, take him away and they are a bit toothless - I don't rate Sow at that level. If he was playing for Falkirk or Raith Rovers he wouldn't get half the attention he does at The Rangers.

What they do have though is players chipping in from different positions (like us on Wednesday) and players with speed and skill hitting the box - hence all the penalties.

On a related note, prize chump or not, Der Hun striker Waghorn is a right handful too. I said to my dad on Sunday that a player like him would add something to any team.
    Waghorn is nothing special, just a decent striker at Scottish Championship level.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Waghorn is nothing special, just a decent striker at Scottish Championship level.
    You could say he flopped down here. He's not even a good diver.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Interesting question.

However, take him away and they are a bit toothless - I don't rate Sow at that level.

Juanma's the guy that usually gets them their penalty every game,

As you say a bit toothless - tried to get into yackback to post exactly the same question about them as seems to have found its way onto here but have been unable to - guess they have found me out

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Juanma's the guy that usually gets them their penalty every game,

As you say a bit toothless - tried to get into yackback to post exactly the same question about them as seems to have found its way onto here but have been unable to - guess they have found me out
    Isn't there something Admins could put in thread titles for those of us who don't want to click on yet another Yam thread?
    I thought we'd suddenly had an injury crisis.

Edit: Just seen the earlier closed thread. Oh well. Oops
    Last edited by oneone73; 07-11-2015 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Isn't there something Admins could put in thread titles for those of us who don't want to click on yet another Yam thread?
    I thought we'd suddenly had an injury crisis.
    The op can also edit the thread title 👍

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    The op can also edit the thread title 👍
    Happy for it to close now. Just a riposte to the earlier thread of the same title.

Sir Matt Busby