hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

HSL Where does the money go?.....

Like to think that most Hibs fans know this by now. HSL had a rough ride at the start with hoh and others calling it a ponzi scheme and suchlike. Having passed 1000 members it would be a good chance to keep the momentum going if only to give Stubbsy more cash for Jan window.

This quote from Leeann should put many minds a ease, hopefully, but you can never tell.

Dempster underlined the importance of their contributions saying: “There is absolutely no doubt that there are a number of players in our present squad who simply would not be here if it were not for the generosity of HSL members. Our original football budget is enhanced by all of these monthly contributions being made.”
    http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hsl-signs-up-1000th-member-1-3933278

I really do hope this has taken off since the announcement. IMHO, we need to grab hold of this as it's such a good time to build and go from strength to strength.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    I remember posters saying that if it wasn't for HSL we would't have been able to get McGinn in a 4 year deal

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember posters saying that if it wasn't for HSL we would't have been able to get McGinn in a 4 year deal
    I think this answers any questions, including the one in the thread title.

It's been answered quite a lot.

HSL at its current level is probably chipping in about £15k a month. That probably covers one of our top earners wages.
    The potential for this to lift our club above all the others who don't have such a scheme is massive.
    If we could get another 1000 signed up by Xmas the club could confidently go out and get a top quality players in Jan knowing the cost was covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    HSL at its current level is probably chipping in about £15k a month. That probably covers one of our top earners wages.
    The potential for this to lift our club above all the others who don't have such a scheme is massive.
    If we could get another 1000 signed up by Xmas the club could confidently go out and get a top quality players in Jan knowing the cost was covered.

Getting another 1000 would be class, but there is no way of knowing if all the HSL talk is just that, talk. Our club is on a wee high at the moment and this is surely the time to throw a 5 pound note in the pot, if you can. As Charlie Reid said on a video that is up, what can you get for 5 pounds a month?

HSL will continue to go from strength to strength. Much of the noise at the start has died down and the likes of the HSA getting on board was huge.

The more fans that back it the better, for as little as £5 a month every fan has the chance to take a majority of the club into supporter ownership whilst backing the manager and team at the same time.

Exciting time ahead for HSL imo.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Honest question, as its passed me by a bit as I have shares and bought some more so wasn't really interested in HSL.

Are HSL contributions in place only for so long as it takes to acquire the 51% or are they intended as an ongoing donation to the club?

If its the former I am not too interested, I would consider buying a half season ticket instead, if its the latter I may be.

And yes I know that that probably doesn't make much sense, financial or otherwise :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Honest question, as its passed me by a bit as I have shares and bought some more so wasn't really interested in HSL.

Are HSL contributions in place only for so long as it takes to acquire the 51% or are they intended as an ongoing donation to the club?

If its the former I am not too interested, I would consider buying a half season ticket instead, if its the latter I may be.

And yes I know that that probably doesn't make much sense, financial or otherwise :-)
    Have a look at the HSL website, as I think there is a q and a on there? Failing that, I'm sure leithenhibby can answer it.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    HSL will continue to go from strength to strength. Much of the noise at the start has died down and the likes of the HSA getting on board was huge.

The more fans that back it the better, for as little as £5 a month every fan has the chance to take a majority of the club into supporter ownership whilst backing the manager and team at the same time.

What he said - HSL is an opportunity to make a direct, on the pitch difference - our money directly translates into a better team. If you can afford it, it's a complete no-brainer.
    GG

The DirectDebit says indefinitely. The most important thing is that all the cash goes to the football budget. I still think we need another striker in case we get injuries and if HSL can make this possible that would be a real boost.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    The DirectDebit says indefinitely. The most important thing is that all the cash goes to the football budget. I still think we need another striker in case we get injuries and if HSL can make this possible that would be a real boost.

We have 6 strikers in the first team just now:

Cummings
    Malonga
    Keatings
    El-Alagui
    Feruz
    Insall

Not the first place I'd look to strengthen. Think we need competition at full back and a new GK before a striker.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyHibby93 View Post
    Like to think that most Hibs fans know this by now. HSL had a rough ride at the start with hoh and others calling it a ponzi scheme and suchlike. Having passed 1000 members it would be a good chance to keep the momentum going if only to give Stubbsy more cash for Jan window.

This quote from Leeann should put many minds a ease, hopefully, but you can never tell.

Dempster underlined the importance of their contributions saying: “There is absolutely no doubt that there are a number of players in our present squad who simply would not be here if it were not for the generosity of HSL members. Our original football budget is enhanced by all of these monthly contributions being made.”
    http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hsl-signs-up-1000th-member-1-3933278

I really do hope this has taken off since the announcement. IMHO, we need to grab hold of this as it's such a good time to build and go from strength to strength.

I'm a big fan of Dempster and support HSL but I think it would be better if they didn't overplay this quite so much.

With the reported levels so far it's more than a stretch to say that several players are here as a result.

One player for one year would be closer I'd reckon.

From their FAQ

15. Once the £2.5m has been raised, will HSL continue to seek the annual membership fee? If so, will this be done with a view to a subsequent share issue?

No. HSL can only collect funds if there are shares to buy
    Of course, it'll take several years to reach the 51%, so effectively you will be making an ongoing donation.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    We have 6 strikers in the first team just now:

Cummings
    Malonga
    Keatings
    El-Alagui
    Feruz
    Insall

Not the first place I'd look to strengthen. Think we need competition at full back and a new GK before a striker.
    It looks good on paper but to be honest, we don't know whether Insall and Feruz can make a significant contribution as strikers for us - hopefully they do but we don't know that yet.

Farid, we all hope for the best but we have to acknowledge the extent to which he has been injured. Hopefully he does come back from that to play consistently at the level we require.

Stubbs likes to change things around tactically and him playing the top three of your list at the same time is to be expected. I can see the need for an additional striker, ideally with the flexibility to play a couple of different positions in different formations.

Even with Anier to come back, I would be reassured if we gained another steady forward who could move around.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    From their FAQ

Of course, it'll take several years to reach the 51%, so effectively you will be making an ongoing donation.
    Many Thanks

Its a great way to contribute if you are still a huge supporter but can only make a few matches.We should have done this years ago.

Can you buy HSL for anyone else? I pay mine up monthly but was gonna buy the £250 up front for ma old man's xmas.

we got him a Hibs brick a few years ago and he absolutely adores it still

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    It looks good on paper but to be honest, we don't know whether Insall and Feruz can make a significant contribution as strikers for us - hopefully they do but we don't know that yet.

Farid, we all hope for the best but we have to acknowledge the extent to which he has been injured. Hopefully he does come back from that to play consistently at the level we require.

Stubbs likes to change things around tactically and him playing the top three of your list at the same time is to be expected. I can see the need for an additional striker, ideally with the flexibility to play a couple of different positions in different formations.

Even with Anier to come back, I would be reassured if we gained another steady forward who could move around.
    Can see your point, but I think with Boyle, Carmichael and Anier all on the books too as attacking players I think the midfield and attacking areas are very well covered just now. Good position to be in. Personally, I think it's the best midfield since the Mowbray/Collins era where we had Boozy, Brown, Thomson, Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I'm a big fan of Dempster and support HSL but I think it would be better if they didn't overplay this quite so much.

With the reported levels so far it's more than a stretch to say that several players are here as a result.

One player for one year would be closer I'd reckon.
    This is where I am with HSL.

I agree, given numbers so far, that saying several players is a bit of a stretch. If it is more than one so far then tell us the exact number. This might convince more people.

HSL seems a slow burner and iirc the 51% target does not have a date set in stone. That's why when I see posts of "1000 more before xmas" I don't think it helps the end goal. People will commit when they feel the time is right and also if this artificial goal is not met I can see posts creating a negative feel around the scheme.

One last thing.......I don't think the daily fan appeals for more to sign up really helps.. They may tempt the odd fan but if the board felt this was the right thing to do they would email us on a daily basis. There cannot be too many Hibs fans not aware of the scheme. They will sign-up in time if they feel it is right.

The next set of accounts may be a good time for the club to make a concerted push for HSL.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Signed up yesterday. Only took a few minutes. GGTTH
    Last edited by Kojock; 06-11-2015 at 07:05 AM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    With the January window just around the corner, more sign-ups now would give our promotion chances a nice wee nudge in the right direction.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I thought the minimum contribution was £18.75 a month?

Did I completely make that up? Strange thing to be dreaming about!

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

They changed that through request. £5 a month is now an option.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    They changed that through request. £5 a month is now an option.
    Ah right, must have missed that, cheers.

@hibs.net private member
    If HSL are giving Hibs £20k a month then they are contributing to more than 1 player. I can't see any Hibs player on more than £2k a week plus bonuses. So even being modest it's a least 2 players wages being covered.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

You made that up! Minimum is a fiver :-)

For those who are saying it's a bit of a stretch suggesting a handful of players etc..

It depends how you look at it. IF it is £15k a month you could put it that's it's a couple of players fully paid up. Or when used to supplement the original player budget it's meant we've been able to pay that wee bit more for a handful of players and that's made a difference in the quality of players we're able to sign.

Whatever it is it does seem to have made a significant difference in terms of both quantity and quality of players at our club.

More folk signing up will only mean it gets better still.

Please :-)
    Space to let

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    If HSL are giving Hibs £20k a month then they are contributing to more than 1 player. I can't see any Hibs player on more than £2k a week plus bonuses. So even being modest it's a least 2 players wages being covered.
    But if HSL money allows Hibs to offer an extra £1k per week to 4 players that would be making a huge difference. Nobody has said that all the HSL money is going to 1 or 2 players.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    You made that up! Minimum is a fiver :-)

For those who are saying it's a bit of a stretch suggesting a handful of players etc..

It depends how you look at it. IF it is £15k a month you could put it that's it's a couple of players fully paid up. Or when used to supplement the original player budget it's meant we've been able to pay that wee bit more for a handful of players and that's made a difference in the quality of players we're able to sign.

Whatever it is it does seem to have made a significant difference in terms of both quantity and quality of players at our club.

More folk signing up will only mean it gets better still.

Please :-)
    You're right. It maybe doesn't mean we are using the funds to pay a players full wage. Say from our own budget we could offer John McGinn £1500 a week but he was looking for £2k. The HSL funds topping that up to £2k a week may be the difference in him signing for us or not. That's then only £500 a week used out of the extra funding from HSL.

@hibs.net private member Green Reaper's Avatar
    Just signed up and would encourage all that can to do so, it all helps get us back to where we should be GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    But if HSL money allows Hibs to offer an extra £1k per week to 4 players that would be making a huge difference. Nobody has said that all the HSL money is going to 1 or 2 players.
    I'm a member of HSL and a supporter of it from the start. So I'm not sure why your having a dig at me or the post