hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Massive game on Saturday...

It just is.

2. Log in to remove the advert

We same to be saying this a lot, but have to agree. Should be our hardest game until we play rangers again so 3 points would be massive.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We same to be saying this a lot, but have to agree. Should be our hardest game until we play rangers again so 3 points would be massive.
    It will remain so till the end of the season. That's the nature of title races. Every game is more important than the last.
    Bring it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    It will remain so till the end of the season. That's the nature of title races. Every game is more important than the last.
    Bring it on.

Was just about to say the same. Every single game is now a massive points. Doesnt matter who we are playing, 3 points are whats required.

I do agree tho that this is the type of game "old Hibs" would slip up in after a couple of massive results. The fans are starting to come back, the optimism is high. To win this would be very "un-Hibs" and will make me believe that we genuinely can push Rangers for the title.

I cant help thinking this is going to be a really tough game for us .... it was clear to see from the game at ER what a stuffy and physical lot St Mirren are.

We have played two physical and energy sapping games in the last 4 days and its going to be a hard shift for the players to maintain the admirable pace and intensity they have shown in these games on Saturday. The good news is that after St Mirren we don't have a game until the 17th so the players who aren't on international duty will get a chance to re charge their batteries.

I'll settle for a scrappy 1 - 0 win in this one.

St Mirren will be fired up after losing 3-0 against Falkirk and a home defeat for them even this early leaves them with a mountain to climb. I know we're all full of confidence but a point at a tough away ground wouldn't be a total disaster. Theres a long way to go and lots of opportunities to catch the huns.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    St Mirren will be fired up after losing 3-0 against Falkirk and a home defeat for them even this early leaves them with a mountain to climb. I know we're all full of confidence but a point at a tough away ground wouldn't be a total disaster. Theres a long way to go and lots of opportunities to catch the huns.
    Don't see where there will be lots of opportunities to catch them. Don't see them dropping many points to other teams. Having just got back in to it we can't undo last weeks result. We just need to keep winning, draws are as good as a defeat in this title race IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Don't see where there will be lots of opportunities to catch them. Don't see them dropping many points to other teams. Having just got back in to it we can't undo last weeks result. We just need to keep winning, draws are as good as a defeat in this title race IMO.
    I agree with this, but I get where Hibsbollah is coming from too. Tell you what, if Hibs can walk away from this one with three points after the effort we have already put in this week I for one will be truly impressed.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Disagree, need to get the 3 points here. If we can do that we get a breather for a couple of weeks and then hopefully continue the run after the break.

If we drop points here it'd be a huge boost to the rangers who are unlikely to drop any points over the next few games.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Disagree, need to get the 3 points here. If we can do that we get a breather for a couple of weeks and then hopefully continue the run after the break.

If we drop points here it'd be a huge boost to the rangers who are unlikely to drop any points over the next few games.
    Obviously the three points is the aim but I'd hope it wouldn't be a case of 'here we go again, same old hibs, we've been let down by the players' overreaction if we get a draw at a tough fixture. We are on an upward curve regardless.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    St mirren lost 2 players to suspension after their red cards last week, also Keith watson who was one of their best performers is injured.

Have to watch out for Mallan in midfield who's a player but confident in Stubbs and the team!

Got my tickets, bring it on

I've seen enough both last season and more importantly once we got going this season, that we have managed to shake off 'the old hibs'...

All be it on a completely different scale, hibs are becomming the 13/14 Liverpool team for me now... i expect us to win every game. The team are so confident in what they are being asked to do that i dont even think 3 games in a week will make a difference. We create so many chances and are starting to put some away. We were always better than the team that came to play us under AS, we just lacked the ability to put away the park the bus type team... i now think we can.

I see this is another 2/3 nil victory for the hibees and long may it continue!

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Every game is the most important game of the season from now on. One more big effort on Saturday then the players can have a well deserved break.

United we stand here....

I was going to give this a miss but no way am I missing it now. Ticket bought this morning.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Bring it on.

Can't argue with that take

Confident but not overly confident. Every game is a huge game, we need to stick with Rangers all the way and hope teams can pick up points of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I was going to give this a miss but no way am I missing it now. Ticket bought this morning.
    You and me both

Every game IS massive. That's true.

The same however applies for the tax dodgers. They are 5 points ahead of us with the pressure firmly on them to NOT slip up (which they done, monumentally, in losing 3 points to us last week).

The rest of the league ARE beatable. The huns have had a few close scrapes. There is no way in hell they (or us) wont drop more points along the way. They are ideally now on a wee downer and we are going the other way....

Keep, the faith!

GGTTH

ENDOF

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I cant help thinking this is going to be a really tough game for us .... it was clear to see from the game at ER what a stuffy and physical lot St Mirren are.

We have played two physical and energy sapping games in the last 4 days and its going to be a hard shift for the players to maintain the admirable pace and intensity they have shown in these games on Saturday. The good news is that after St Mirren we don't have a game until the 17th so the players who aren't on international duty will get a chance to re charge their batteries.

I'll settle for a scrappy 1 - 0 win in this one.
    To be honest, I'd take a scrappy 1-0 every week if it meant picking up 3 points.

I would like to see us reducing the goal difference gap as well as points gap between us and the Huns, just to pile more pressure on them and then snatch the league title out of their grasp. (and then watch them fail to win the play-offs

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post

The same however applies for the tax dodgers. They are 5 points ahead of us with the pressure firmly on them to NOT slip up (which they done, monumentally, in losing 3 points to us last week).

The rest of the league ARE beatable. The huns have had a few close scrapes. There is no way in hell they (or us) wont drop more points along the way. They are ideally now on a wee downer and we are going the other way....

Keep, the faith!

GGTTH

ENDOF
    Especially bearing in mind they were 11 points ahead and had the league in the bag a couple of weeks ago.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    St mirren lost 2 players to suspension after their red cards last week, also Keith watson who was one of their best performers is injured.

Have to watch out for Mallan in midfield who's a player but confident in Stubbs and the team!

What a shock, Keith Watson injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post

St. Mirren are riddled with players liable to be booked, or better still for us, players that only have one way to stop a fast player going past them near or in the box. they are very physical, and have a born thug wi' grey hair in the middle of the park. he may get his comeuppance on Saturday. hopefully a lot of Hibs fans will travel, to see the team playing great fitba' and full of confidence at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post

Keep, the faith!

GGTTH

ENDOF
    the downside is they have Alloa this week, and a perfect scenario for a pick me up/ they will drop points though and we can hope that even occasional draws for them, while we keep on a winning streak is the best we can expect until we meet them again.

Fatigue can't be the death of us, keep going and go on doing us proud !!

There are signs that Stubbs has instilled some resilience in the team. Something missing at Hibs for many a season. Time will tell.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Every game is the most important game of the season from now on. One more big effort on Saturday then the players can have a well deserved break.
    Good point. Fight for this like our lives depend on it, then relax.

he also has a much better squad and flexibility this season. horses for courses and all that.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Get as many shots in at Langfield and he is a stick on to spill a couple, awful goalie IMO.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's a pity Rangers are playing Alloa this week quite possibly the worst team I have seen at this level for quite some time. Would have been interesting if they were away to Falkirk or Raith or something like that.

Think rangers have to go to raith and falkirk this quarter. 3 points for us on saturday and they really will start to kite themselves.