hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

Easter road incident.

I know a thread was stated earlier and deleted m, and now the record have decided to put out an inaccurate story so I wanted to put the right version on here to see. I'm sure there was plenty witnesses anyway that can back me up.

On the following link, there is a video of me and a guy standing in front of a Rangers supporters mini bus - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...-clash-6747713

At around 12.15, me, my 10 year old son, my dad and a couple of friends were walking up Easter road, chatting on the way to the game. Suddenly, a minibus pulled up alongside us, the door opened and a guy spat out of the bus. It landed on my son. I didn't realise at first and walked to near the corner of Albion Road, but then my lad told me what happened. I walked out onto the road as the lights were at red. There was already a few Hibs fans in front of the bus as they had seen what happened. I looked around for some police but amazingly there was none to be seen. I went to the front of the bus and stood in front of it as my dad ran up the road to inform a police van. I tried shouting through the glass to the driver to stop as the police were coming and he decided to accelerate so we had no choice but to move out of the way. By this point my dad had alerted the police van near the Hibs club and it appeared like they pulled them over. I left it at this point and then contacted police Scotland once home with my complaint. It now seems the above video has been shared on several Rangers FB pages, claiming that the bus was attacked. I'm raging. I don't agree with the bottle being chucked but the boys on the bus were disgusting. Smashing their drink bottles off the window, chucking them when the door got opened, and obviously the spitting. Not to mention the driver who opened the door and chose to accelerate. Police Scotland are now looking at cctv and are coming to see me this evening. They can do what they want to me, which would be bad enough, but to a child, disgusting. And the fact they and the daily record are now trying to use a 20 second video to claim the exact opposite - shocking.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Keep us informed of what goes on. You have support of us on here and hope your boy is OK.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know a thread was stated earlier and deleted m, and now the record have decided to put out an inaccurate story so I wanted to put the right version on here to see. I'm sure there was plenty witnesses anyway that can back me up.

On the following link, there is a video of me and a guy standing in front of a Rangers supporters mini bus - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...-clash-6747713

At around 12.15, me, my 10 year old son, my dad and a couple of friends were walking up Easter road, chatting on the way to the game. Suddenly, a minibus pulled up alongside us, the door opened and a guy spat out of the bus. It landed on my son. I didn't realise at first and walked to near the corner of Albion Road, but then my lad told me what happened. I walked out onto the road as the lights were at red. There was already a few Hibs fans in front of the bus as they had seen what happened. I looked around for some police but amazingly there was none to be seen. I went to the front of the bus and stood in front of it as my dad ran up the road to inform a police van. I tried shouting through the glass to the driver to stop as the police were coming and he decided to accelerate so we had no choice but to move out of the way. By this point my dad had alerted the police van near the Hibs club and it appeared like they pulled them over. I left it at this point and then contacted police Scotland once home with my complaint. It now seems the above video has been shared on several Rangers FB pages, claiming that the bus was attacked. I'm raging. I don't agree with the bottle being chucked but the boys on the bus were disgusting. Smashing their drink bottles off the window, chucking them when the door got opened, and obviously the spitting. Not to mention the driver who opened the door and chose to accelerate. Police Scotland are now looking at cctv and are coming to see me this evening. They can do what they want to me, which would be bad enough, but to a child, disgusting. And the fact they and the daily record are now trying to use a 20 second video to claim the exact opposite - shocking.
    Have you been in touch with the Daily ****** to explain what happened. If the police are investigating this then they will surely have to remove the video but I would suggest getting in touch with them and asking them to retract their story or put the other side of it up there too.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    Have you been in touch with the Daily ****** to explain what happened. If the police are investigating this then they will surely have to remove the video but I would suggest getting in touch with them and asking them to retract their story or put the other side of it up there too.
    I have commented on the video asking them to contact me for the correct story

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Hope it all gets sorted out Callum...one question, why at a Cat A game, is an away supporters bus allowed to drive through where the majority of the home fans are walking? They should be segregated and directed to an away bus park like we have to do at Tynie and through West.

Disgusting. Your laddy had the last laugh though.

GGTTH

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Hope it all gets sorted out Callum...one question, why at a Cat A game, is an away supporters bus allowed to drive through where the majority of the home fans are coming through? They should be segregated and directed to an away bus park like we have to do at Tynie and through West.

Disgusting. Your laddy had the last laugh though.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Threaten legal action they will kak their pants.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar

Shocking . I also seen this on my FB news feed . Could I copy and paste ( without your name ) if not it cool but would like the real story to be told .

GGTTH
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Shocking . I also seen this on my FB news feed . Could I copy and paste ( without your name ) if not it cool but would like the real story to be told .

GGTTH
    Yes feel free mate

Shocking but not at all surprising Callum. .make sure you give it tight to Daily Ranger and keep us posted mate

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Keep us informed of what goes on. You have support of us on here and hope your boy is OK.

Keep us updated

Blog Entries

Good for you posting this on here. Social media has a lot to answer for IMO but it certainly shines a light into areas that would normally be buried away. Good to see the DR thinks its after the game! Accurate as ever,
    Good luck!

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Threaten legal action they will kak their pants.
    Unfortunately because two items were thrown at the bus it could be construed that the bus was attacked.

Good luck mate.

Looks like "social media" has already jumped to conclusions. **** them.

Good lad

Vile creatures but sadly, not surprising.

Wow. I commend you for making the game. Not sure I could have let someone spitting on my lads go.....vermin. I hope you get justice.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    This is disgraceful. ****** vermin!

You did well to stop the van, these ****bags need pulling up and their day in court.

J

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Unbelievable, but also perfectly believable that it has been published by that mob. Let us know how it goes with Police Scotland

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Good for you posting this on here. Social media has a lot to answer for IMO but it certainly shines a light into areas that would normally be buried away. Good to see the DR thinks its after the game! Accurate as ever,
    Good luck!
    The DR put out an unsubstantiated report condemning Hibs fans and cover their backsides by saying "appear to" in the headline. I wonder how long it will take them to retract the story given they now have the first real account of the incident. I can't see the report changing to "Hibs fan attempts to stop Rangers hooligans escaping after spitting on young boy but driver fails to stop" any time soon unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This is disgraceful. ****** vermin!

You did well to stop the van, these ****bags need pulling up and their day in court.

J

They boys stopping the bus had witnessed an assault and were trying to ensure the police arrested a suspect.

They did nothing wrong and I hope there is a clear distinction made between them and the idiot who threw a bottle.

Looks like the Daily R has jumped the gun and reported it before any one else could.... Even without all the facts.

Does it actually surprise you though!

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Yes feel free mate
    That's the truth posted mate . Dirty bar stewards . Hope your ladies ok .

GGTTH
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Unfortunately because two items were thrown at the bus it could be construed that the bus was attacked.
    One of the items is a buckfast bottle thrown out the drivers window!

I've tried to set the record straight on a post on my fb stream!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Looks like the Daily R has jumped the gun and reported it before any one else could.... Even without all the facts.

Does it actually surprise you though!

The are also saying it happened after the game .

Disgusting neanderthals.

Nothing surprises me at all at the behaviour of these people.

They behaved similarly last season before the play off match at Ibrox when a group of them tried to get onto a Hibs supporters' bus and started banging on it and spitting at the windows.

They're from a different sub-species.

Hope you got a note of the number plate of the bus.

Wow. I commend you for making the game. Not sure I could have let someone spitting on my lads go.....vermin. I hope you get justice.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Looks like the driver is trying to assault you with a deadly weapon.

Can a bus driver proceed like that regardless?!

Never let them stop you taking your laddie to the game. You've got everyone's support on here. Have you thought about contacting the club so they know the truth in case they are asked to comment?