hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Gibraltar Hibs

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lewyhfc

Gibraltar Hibs

Not long moved over here!

Any Hibees around the area?

Will be watching the game tomorrow if anyone fancies a pint!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibeeleicester View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not long moved over here!

Any Hibees around the area?

Will be watching the game tomorrow if anyone fancies a pint!
    When we played a friendly in Gibraltar in July 2013 , there were about 300 Hibs fans there and there were 2 or 3 posts from Hibbies living in Gibraltar . There seem to be quite a number who live in or frequently visit Malaga area where there`ll be lots of bars showing matches from foreign leagues ( though my personal experience is that it`s not that easy to find bars showing games from Scotland ) .
    I live further west but visit Gibraltar several times a year - where are best places to watch matches ? I`ve watched football in Cannon Bar ( Arsenal bar as name suggests ) behind Marks and Spencers and 3 or 4 years ago went to a bar ( Three Roses or similar in Irish Town ) to watch us play Celtic after finding bar on online list of Celtic bars only to find that Hibs fans outnumbered Celtic fans by 3 v 0 .

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    When we played a friendly in Gibraltar in July 2013 , there were about 300 Hibs fans there and there were 2 or 3 posts from Hibbies living in Gibraltar . There seem to be quite a number who live in or frequently visit Malaga area where there`ll be lots of bars showing matches from foreign leagues ( though my personal experience is that it`s not that easy to find bars showing games from Scotland ) .
    I live further west but visit Gibraltar several times a year - where are best places to watch matches ? I`ve watched football in Cannon Bar ( Arsenal bar as name suggests ) behind Marks and Spencers and 3 or 4 years ago went to a bar ( Three Roses or similar in Irish Town ) to watch us play Celtic after finding bar on online list of Celtic bars only to find that Hibs fans outnumbered Celtic fans by 3 v 0 .

Do you live in Portugal? Used to live in Nerja to the east and find that the game would/should be on in a lot of places, especially in the hun bars.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lewyhfc
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Sports bar called "Ivy" in ocean village has about 20 screens and near enough any game in the world. Just need to ask and they will always put the game on for you!

Been to the cannon bar but not sure about three roses!

@hibs.net private member ginger_rice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeeleicester View Post
    Sports bar called "Ivy" in ocean village has about 20 screens and near enough any game in the world. Just need to ask and they will always put the game on for you!

Been to the cannon bar but not sure about three roses!
    The Three Owls? It's in Irish Town
    "Football should always be played beautifully, you should play in an attacking way, it must be a spectacle". Johan Cruyff.

@hibs.net private member Mike_C's Avatar
    half my family stay in Gib! All hibees!!!