hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member CraigK's Avatar

Late entry to Easter Road

I'm doing the 10km tomorrow morning and hope to make it down to ER afterwards around kick off, but just in case I am held up (should be finished the race before 11am, but then need to get home and changed from Murrayfield before heading back out), does anyone know what the craic is if you're late down to ER? Do they keep a turnstyle open, and if so, until when? East stand, BTW.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigK View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm doing the 10km tomorrow morning and hope to make it down to ER afterwards around kick off, but just in case I am held up (should be finished the race before 11am, but then need to get home and changed from Murrayfield before heading back out), does anyone know what the craic is if you're late down to ER? Do they keep a turnstyle open, and if so, until when? East stand, BTW.
    Always someone there for us smokers 😁

I could be late too. Kids football will mean making KO could be tight. My experience a couple of years ago at a Killie game was that last entry is before the start of the second half.
    Arriving late with twenty minutes to go, I went to the main entrance and incredibly was taken to a seat by coming out via the main tunnel!
    A very exhilarating experience.....Hibs to beat the Rangers 2-0 tomorrow.

If you have a ticket, i'm pretty sure you'll be fine.

If you're going without a ticket, i'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    If you have a ticket, i'm pretty sure you'll be fine.

If you're going without a ticket, i'm not so sure.
    I have a season ticket and a man that is working for me has one too. we hope to finish our job (a flitting) in time to make the match. I'm confident that I can drop him off in time, but I will have a bloody big van to hide somewhere. is there a cut off time,before half time or will I nned to wait until half time?

@hibs.net private member CraigK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    I have a season ticket and a man that is working for me has one too. we hope to finish our job (a flitting) in time to make the match. I'm confident that I can drop him off in time, but I will have a bloody big van to hide somewhere. is there a cut off time,before half time or will I nned to wait until half time?
    Got a season ticket too. I reckon I'll make down for one, so I hope I'm not standing about til halftime too!

I've rocked up at half time with my season ticket before. You should be fine.

Many years ago as a West Lower ST holder I arrived 20 mins after KO & went to main reception & was chaperoned via non public passageways to my seating section.

The steward who guided me advised that a quicker way to gain access was to bang on the exit door next to the turnstiles as there were usually stewards nearby during the game who would respond.

I've been held up at work before, and arrived well into the second half, but got in no problem

I would be more worried about where I was going to hide that big white van 😜with a bigger than usual crowd

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigK View Post
    Got a season ticket too. I reckon I'll make down for one, so I hope I'm not standing about til halftime too!
    Just bang on the big green doors at your desired area of the ground.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I'd advise you head straight down to leith links mate, I usually park there for games and have never had any trouble finding a spot. Then you're a 10 minute fast walk to the East.