hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chick Young

Chick Young

Wee chick just said on the radio "Celtic can't wait until the rangers are back in the SPFL next year which they Absolutely will be" Now I know it is very unlikely but I would love us to win the league and watch the media meltdown Lets hope we can get the win on Sunday to kick off the unlikely pattern of events.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Don't think it is highly unlikely. We will win the league.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't think it is highly unlikely. We will win the league.
    The rangers are as short as 1/50 with some bookies they are not often that wrong. However I agree we are still in it but a win on Sunday is vital

I think he's just giving his opinion based on evidence and I agree with him. Even if they don't win the league I think they will have enough to take care of a poor top flight side (which St Johnstone certainly aren't).

One thing he got wrong is Celtic certainty don't want Rangers "back" in the top flight as 99% of them believe that isn't possible.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    The rangers are as short as 1/50 with some bookies they are not often that wrong. However I agree we are still in it but a win on Sunday is vital
    Aye the bookies and pundits were spot on last season with the rangers winning the league with ease

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    If Utd stay bottom and the Rangers don't win the league, that might make reconstruction a stick on. Maybe that is what he is getting at?

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBru22 View Post
    Aye the bookies and pundits were spot on last season with the rangers winning the league with ease
    I dont recall them being as short as 1/50 ! Maybe they were 2/5 but that is a huge difference.

Hibs have to be worth a punt in case they hit admin and a 25pt penalty.
    Chick Young is an imbecile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont recall them being as short as 1/50 ! Maybe they were 2/5 but that is a huge difference.
    1/25 Hibs are 9/1

Quote Originally Posted by leither#1 View Post
    1/25 Hibs are 9/1
    Bet365 are 16/1 Hibs

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    Skybet currently have The The Rangers at 1/66 to win the league.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    If that tool is making bold predictions it's always wise to back the opposite.

United we stand here....

Remember talking to him on the pitch after the game in Vilnius, he came across as quite a good lad.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    IF...IF...We can win on Sunday its down to 5 points... 5 points is **** all seriously..Its within 2 wins of them...We have had a brilliant start to the season its just that the bigots have won 10/10..Dumbarton first game is a complete shocker and annoys me!! but 5 points is nowt IF we can turn them over on Sunday.

As Kevin Keegan once said we are still in their fighting ..1/33 is scandelous for the huns. It's gonna be close, But ken what ? Write us off at you're ****ing peril!!

Bet365 are 16/1 Hibs
    17/1 now, just stuck a fiver on. I still think the Huns will win it but they will hit a bad patch at some point and we have to take advantage. 17/1 for Huns going into admin also seems like a decent bet even if we can't get more points than them.

In the words of Kevin Keegan, I'd love it if we beat them.

Forgot to mention, Chick Young must be the most annoying sports broadcaster I've ever come across. He seems to think he is a celebrity and every interview is about him. His use of phrases like 'I can reveal... ', 'my sources tell me...' is also very irritating. The man is a dick. End of.
    Last edited by Holmesdale Hibs; 30-10-2015 at 08:16 AM.

I heard the chickster come out with that earlier, very disrespectful but more importantly just plain stupid. The Huns will drop points soon, teams don't keep winning all season, we just have to be in a position to take advantage when they do.

We're not out of it at the moment but a win on Sunday is a must.

A win for Sevco on Sunday will more or less end any title race in my eyes.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    We're not out of it at the moment but a win on Sunday is a must.

A win for Sevco on Sunday will more or less end any title race in my eyes.
    That is how I see it as well.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Chick Young is a baldy Wee insignificant prick.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Chick Young is a baldy Wee insignificant prick.
    Thats how I see it too

@hibs.net private member
    Both us and the Rangers can get promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Both us and the Rangers can get promoted.
    Looking at the teams currently kicking about the foot of the Premiership I don't think that's unlikely at all.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Holmesdale Hibs View Post

Forgot to mention, Chick Young must be the most annoying sports broadcaster I've ever come across. He seems to think he is a celebrity and every interview is about him. His use of phrases like 'I can reveal... ', 'my sources tell me...' is also very irritating. The man is a dick. End of.
    You should listen to him trying to read out team sheets on a Saturday! He likes to try and work out formations and talk tactics - none of which are ever correct but it can take a good couple of minutes of waffle before he actually tells you who is playing. It's pathetic.

Sooner he retires the better.

While I don't think some of these pundits actually watch much of Hibs (see Richard Gordon comments re Malonga) I think Chick Young is just telling it as he sees it. Rangers are currently 8 points ahead.

Having said that - I do believe we can win the league and I'm happy to hear pundits saying what Young said. Hearing things like that just makes me even more keen to see us beat The Rangers to first place. How super sweet would that be? I hope and expect our players to have these same thoughts throughout the season and on Sunday in particular.

Keep those comments coming please Chick

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holmesdale Hibs View Post
    17/1 now, just stuck a fiver on. I still think the Huns will win it but they I'll hit a bad patch at some point and we have to take advantage. 17/1 for Huns going into admin also seems like a decent bet even if we can't get more points than them.

In the words of Kevin Keegan, I'd love it if we beat them.

Chic's good sources for "Rangers will win the league" are probably the SFA refs.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    While I don't think some of these pundits actually watch much of Hibs (see Richard Gordon comments re Malonga) I think Chick Young is just telling it as he sees it. Rangers are currently 8 points ahead.

Having said that - I do believe we can win the league and I'm happy to hear pundits saying what Young said. Hearing things like that just makes me even more keen to see us beat The Rangers to first place. How super sweet would that be? I hope and expect our players to have these same thoughts throughout the season and on Sunday in particular.

Keep those comments coming please Chick
    I can honestly say that if we beat Sevco to the title this year and force them into the play offs and maybe even cause them to stay down for another seaosn, it will be one of the best seasons I've had following Hibs.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see them stay in the Championship for another 12 months.

@hibs.net private member
    He's not wrong. Rangers will win this league. We gave them too big a gap and we still seem more likely to drop silly points that them.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    He's not wrong. Rangers will win this league. We gave them too big a gap and we still seem more likely to drop silly points that them.
    Why do we seem like dropping more points than them? Over the past few weeks i'd say The Rangers look more like dropping points than us. They still have to go to Falkirk and Raith!!

A win on Sunday would really blow it open imo. But then you'll be on telling us we'll get beat the following week!

Just thought I'd pitch in.

The Rangers have never been in the top flight. So they can't go back to it.

Unless , of course, they have a fleet of De Laureans
    Last edited by ALF TUPPER; 30-10-2015 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ALF TUPPER View Post
    Just thought I'd pitch in. The Rangers have never been in the top flight
    Correct 😁👍🏼