hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

I Know its HIBS but why do we make things hard for ourselves

First of all let me say Im delighted we beat Falkirk and Raith but to be honest we should beat these teams all day long. My question is why do we always seem to make things hard for ourselves. Was not at these games but listened to Radio when we were under real pressure. Falkirk game seemed to be 50/50 and against Raith we totally controlled first half before coming under pressure. The BIG test is of course Sunday and hopefully we can take the three points (We Really Need To). GGTTH
    Last edited by Wellbankhibby; 27-10-2015 at 12:58 AM. Reason: spelling error

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Wellbankhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First of all let me say Im delighted we beat Falkirk and Raith but to be honest we should beat these teams all day long. My question is why do we always seem to make things hard for ourselves. Was not at these games but listened to Radio when we were under real pressure. Falkirk game seemed to be 50/50 and against Raith we totally controlled first half before coming under pressure. The BIG test is of course Sunday and hopefully we can take the three points (We Really Need To). GGTTH

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar

You are everything that is wrong with Hibs supporters. Never happy.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I suppose we do but I'm glad won't don't screw the tax, local businesses nor charities to gain advantage over others! Rangers and Hearts have done this for years to cheat rather than win fairly! GGTTH And, our heads are held high!

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    The BIG test is of course Sunday and hopefully we can take the three points (We Really Need To). GGTTH
    And if we don't take 3 points, it might confirm that we are effectively in pole position for the playoffs, which is what I have prepared for anyway.

I would be confident home and away against anyone right now. Including whoever is 2nd bottom of the premier.

Too many moaners on here at the moment.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    You are everything that is wrong with Hibs supporters. Never happy.
    Why, because what he's said is spot on. We have also made it hard for ourselves by letting Rangers get an 8 point lead on us.

We are improving but we still have to improve faster.

We have no divine right to beat anyone and need to work for every victory.

It is a myth that Hearts pumped everyone last year but with hard work, getting goals to get themselves in front and then some backs to the wall defending/ carrying a bit of luck/ seeing games out they managed to earn a lot of victories that saw them scoosh the league.

These are some of our hardest games - and we've taken maximum points.

I'd be delighted to see us hang on for the 3 points any way possible this weekend.

All departments of the team are okaying a part right now and we should give them credit for it, not criticise them for making it a bit uncomfortable for us at times.

Mmm... Posts a ***** post then disappears with no reply. 👋🏼👋🏼

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Why, because what he's said is spot on. We have also made it hard for ourselves by letting Rangers get an 8 point lead on us.

We have won our last 10 games in a row. Even The Rangers are now struggling to beat teams so it's about time to gave it a rest ffs. 3 points is 3 points and Hearts proved by beating teams by battling it can win championships. We dominate 9/10 games we play what more do folk want? Yes it wasn't a good start but we are flying now!

Honestly I think you should just enjoy the wins Steve ans stop being so over critical of everything Hibs.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    We have won our last 10 games in a row. Even The Rangers are now struggling to beat teams so it's about time to gave it a rest ffs. 3 points is 3 points and Hearts proved by beating teams by battling it can win championships. We dominate 9/10 games we play what more do folk want? Yes it wasn't a good start but we are flying now!

Honestly I think you should just enjoy the wins Steve ans stop being so over critical of everything Hibs.
    ???? You are the Easter Road Stadium Announcer and I claim my five pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    ???? You are the Easter Road Stadium Announcer and I claim my five pounds.
    😁

Should have said its 10/11 or something like that. It's too early!!

My problem with the OP is the attitude that we should be 'beating these teams all day long' please explain how this works exactly ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Mmm... Posts a ***** post then disappears with no reply. 
    Maybe away digging for more bait.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A statement that is just plain wrong and the kind of arrogant attitude that should be left to Sevconians and the poppy thieves. Falkirk and Raith are good teams.

Hibs teams have to work hard for everything we get and if Stubbs keeps us going the way we are now the hard work should pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Maybe away digging for more bait.
    😁 Prob is!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

Improve faster ? We are on a good winning run and just off the back of 3 tricky away games in which we picked up maximum points, how faster do you want hibs to be ?

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Improve faster ? We are on a good winning run and just off the back of 3 tricky away games in which we picked up maximum points, how faster do you want hibs to be ?
    Maybe this fast 🏃🏼.......💥

He's right we should be beating all these team 6 or 7 nil every week. We are rubbish and will never improve. I blame Leannne and maybe the u15 team having the wrong colour shorts!

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    He's right we should be beating all these team 6 or 7 nil every week. We are rubbish and will never improve. I blame Leannne and maybe the u15 team having the wrong colour shorts!
    This!

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    We should be beating these teams all day long? Erm, we did beat them. Our problem in the past is we haven't won these scrappy games, or even games where we dominated. No-one is criticising TheRangers for digging out results, but when we do it, its dissapointing! Crazy. The current form is good so lets focus on that, and save the moaning for when we actually have problems with the current form.

First Team Breakthrough Coults1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    We should be beating these teams all day long? Erm, we did beat them. Our problem in the past is we haven't won these scrappy games, or even games where we dominated. No-one is criticising TheRangers for digging out results, but when we do it, its dissapointing! Crazy. The current form is good so lets focus on that, and save the moaning for when we actually have problems with the current form.

Last year we'd have dropped points against Falkirk and Raith, we dug in and got all 6 points, I'd like to see us improving our 2nd half displays, I haven't a clue what is said in the dressing room but it was the same last year too, we come out at half time sleeping and allow the other teams to get back into the game, hard to put my finger on what happens during the break.

It's hard to complain about results just now. Not every game can be won comfortably. Two tough away ties, maximum points.
    Saturday was difficult, mainly because we were only playing with ten men. Malonga would have been as well sitting in the stand beside me for all the good he was doing.
    I still think we need more goals but right now we are getting the results and that's all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    It's hard to complain about results just now. Not every game can be won comfortably. Two tough away ties, maximum points.
    Saturday was difficult, mainly because we were only playing with ten men. Malonga would have been as well sitting in the stand beside me for all the good he was doing.
    I still think we need more goals but right now we are getting the results and that's all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malonga did well holding the ball up for the first goal.

@hibs.net private member
    Over the past year we have played 36 games in the league. We have won 25, drawn 5 and lost 6. Of the 6 defeats we lost 3 on the spin in March/April and 2 at the beginning of the season.

Ignoring the St Mirren game we have not drawn a game since January dispelling the myth we draw too many games.

What exactly are we meant to do to improve things? I think we have been very unlucky to have a Hearts team who played out their skin last season and a The Rangers team who have won 11 matches in a row this season.

Can folk not see the positives? Last season we had 15 points at this stage. This season we have 25. To put it in perspective Hearts had 29 at this stage last year.
    Last edited by PatHead; 27-10-2015 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Over the past year we have played 36 games in the league. We have won 25, drawn 5 and lost 6. Of the 6 defeats we lost 3 on the spin in March/April and 2 at the beginning of the season.

Ignoring the St Mirren game we have not drawn a game since January dispelling the myth we draw too many games.

What exactly are we meant to do to improve things? I think we have been very unlucky to have a Hearts team who played out their skin last season and a The Rangers team who have won 11 matches in a row this season.

Can folk not see the positives? Last season we had 15 points at this stage. This season we have 25.

Last season we drew 7 and lost 8. We lost 4 of our 1st 6 games at the start of last season.

It's a better start this season but not as good as it should have been, we do look a bit mentally stronger which is a good thing.
    Last edited by J-C; 27-10-2015 at 08:57 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Last season we drew 7 and lost 8. We lost 4 of our 1st 6 games at the start of last season
    I know.

I said over the past year not the season. Was highlighting the improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    I know.

I said over the past year not the season. Was highlighting the improvements.
    Fair enough.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Our last two games have been away at potentially tricky venues, and while both second halves were more torturous for the fans than they really needed to be, we can`t be too critical when the results keep coming.
    I believe we should be winning every game in this league, but while we know that won`t happen we have to approach each game with that mindset. If we can win in the manner like we did at Palmerston, it will make for a few more comfortable afternoons for the supporters, but as the season wears on, I think we will see more of these, but right now I`ll accept the shredded fingernails if we can keep churning out the wins.

First of all let me say Im delighted we beat Falkirk and Raith but to be honest we should beat these teams all day long.
    What do you mean by "all day long"? Are you saying Hibs just need to turn up against these wee diddie teams and collect all three points, every time we play them. That would be great eh?