hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

Tim Sherwood NHC

Leaves Aston Villa....

Always comes across as a complete tit imo so never likely to be too popular. Wonder who will replace him though, Brendan Rodgers?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Moves is a shoo in.

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Warbs, obvz.

Always thought he was an arrogant tube ever since he said he said he was not interested in being interim Spurs manager and should be appointed full time right away, despite the fact that he had done the square root of bugger all in management.

Then during the summer he said that he was turning down premiership jobs as they were not right after managing Spurs for a handful of games and getting the boot!

Never like to see anyone losing there job... but for him I will make an exception

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    No sympathy. Totally full of himself, and they're currently on track to take 16 points from this season.

No doubt the weedgie media will link Stubbsy in a bid to unsettle us prior to next Sunday 😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    The guy always comes across a total prick, so I'm delighted for him.

Was asked on tv yesterday if he was under pressure, his reply was, no I'm not under pressure, the club is under pressure.

He does come across as being full of it

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Yet another poisoned chalice. Huge club. Not sure that Sherwood won a lot of people over. For me at least, he is the same as Gareth Southgate and Stuart Pearce in that they all say what fans want to hear, but that doesn't match up to what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The guy always comes across a total prick, so I'm delighted for him.
    Never like to see anyone lose their job but will make an exception for this knob jockey.

Stan Colleymore was saying yesterday that Villa is rotten at the core and till they address this it doesn't matter who their manager is they will always struggle to compete at that level.
    Last edited by Scottie; 25-10-2015 at 12:11 PM.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Villas problems run deep. Big club who have been in a mess for some time now...

He is a smug get who has nothing to be smug about.

Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    Villas problems run deep. Big club who have been in a mess for some time now...
    Villa's problems like any other club outside London and Manchester - namely they stand very little chance of ever being a top four club again.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Was asked on tv yesterday if he was under pressure, his reply was, no I'm not under pressure, the club is under pressure.

He does come across as being full of it
    Was actually asked if he was in a hole and replied that the club are in a hole. Nothing wrong with that, he is absolutely spot on Villa are a total mess from the top down.

Brendan Rodgers has been mentioned too, wouldn't cost anything to get him in.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Brendan Rodgers has been mentioned too, wouldn't cost anything to get him in.
    Well if Sherwood is a smug prat, Rodgers is a carbon copy.

Left by mutual consent!
    Several firms have suspended betting on the next manager with Remi Garde being cited as getting the Villa gig.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Was actually asked if he was in a hole and replied that the club are in a hole. Nothing wrong with that, he is absolutely spot on Villa are a total mess from the top down.
    Yep, totally agree. I actually thought Sherwood saved them from relegation last season, but whoever gets the gig this time has a major job on his hands. It's a tragedy for those of us that can remember the Villa team that won the European Cup, now there was a really good, excellent team to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post

Thanks for correcting me 😊 It came across to me that he was absolving himself of all responsibility for the club being in a mess (you're right, it is in a shocking state), but I think he needs to take some responsibility. He's always quick to tell the world how it's all his credit when something goes well.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Yep, totally agree. I actually thought Sherwood saved them from relegation last season, but whoever gets the gig this time has a major job on his hands. It's a tragedy for those of us that can remember the Villa team that won the European Cup, now there was a really good, excellent team to watch.
    Yes with Des Bremner playing a pivotal role in Villa's midfield, great team.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I have no problem with Sherwood,I thought his response to the question was fair enough.

Left by mutual consent!
    Remi Garde expected to be announced shortly

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Des Bremner,Gordan Cowans,Gary Shaw,Jimmy Rimmer,Nigel Spink,Peter Withe,Allan Evans,Ken NcNaught,Dennis Mortimer to name a few. Great team to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I have no problem with Sherwood,I thought his response to the question was fair enough.
    Tend to agree.

Ok he's a bit arrogant but that's hardly a unique character trait amongst those involved in professional football. I've no idea how good a manager he is but thought his answer to yestersays question was fair. Villa are a total mess and I wouldn't be the least susprised to see them go down in the next couple of seasons.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Tend to agree.

Ok he's a bit arrogant but that's hardly a unique character trait amongst those involved in professional football. I've no idea how good a manager he is but thought his answer to yestersays question was fair. Villa are a total mess and I wouldn't be the least susprised to see them go down in the next couple of seasons.

I think he's one of those guys that's a a better coach than manager, Steve McLaren springs to mind when I say that.

Edit. Just noticed he only won 26% of his 23 matches in charge, very poor by anyone's standards.
    Last edited by J-C; 25-10-2015 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Des Bremner,Gordan Cowans,Gary Shaw,Jimmy Rimmer,Nigel Spink,Peter Withe,Allan Evans,Ken NcNaught,Dennis Mortimer to name a few. Great team to watch.
    Yep, all great players. I remember seeing Tony Morley scoring a brilliant goal against Everton round about that time too (1980 I think?).

Villa are gash, they always float around the relegation zone and get out. Hope they drop myself!

Left by mutual consent!
    Just like Rodgers at Liverpool and AVB to name a few in recent seasons, the victim of the transfer comittee. They sign the players the manager probably doesn't want and when it doesn't work the manager gets pumped..

Always going to happen. You can't lose players like what they've done and not suffer any consequences.

Their squad is poor and I'm not sure anyone else will do that much better with them.

No time for Sherwood at all so quite happy to hear this news.