hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Cummings

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar

Jason Cummings

You just expect him to score a goal in a game nowadays, still a raw talent which is the most exciting thing. Scores different types of goals, cool and calm penalty taker, real character off the pitch, genuine threat on it.

Think we need to enjoy watching Jase in a Hibs shirt whilst we can.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Aye nae doubt the Huns will be in with their 10k bid shortly helped along with their pals in the media.

33 goals in 75 games (all competitions/other).

He is improving, however according to two wags on the bus yesterday, he will never be a footballer.....Obviously (or I hope) their "opinion" is that of a minority.

JC is improving all the time and certainly knows where the goals are, AS working hard on making him a better all round player....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I was one of his doubters in the summer, fair play though he's certainly proving me wrong.

Matter of time until big clubs start sniffing about.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was one of his doubters in the summer, fair play though he's certainly proving me wrong.

I'm in the same boat bingo I didn't think his overall game was good enough but he's definatley improving that side whilst still scoring goals can't fault the laddy and I'm happy to eat my words long may it continue

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Has improved his game no doubt but as long as he keeps hitting the net I'm not too bothered about what level people think he is at.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    Starting to prove a lot of people wrong (me included). Still not the finished article and has a few frustrating aspects of his game that needs worked on but he is continuing to score goals and as long as he keep doing that whilst developing as an all round player then we may have a really good player on our hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Thought he played really well yesterday.
    Truly.

Except from when it was better to square it to Keatings I genuinely thought he had a cracking performance

Was good to see Stubbs views on him after the game saying when he first came to Hibs Cummings was in a bad habit of always coming towards the ball. Not his best strengths are doing this he went on to say. They've been working with him to try and stay on the shoulder to exploit his pace more. He is the most improved player imo. Still room for improvement though always looking to score when a pass is on, twice this season he has went for goal against Aberdeen when a cut back was on and yesterday he could have got Keatings in to finish off the game. He needs to realise he wil get just as much appreciation for the assist putting goals on a plate rather than trying to score every time.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    The one where the keeper touched it over the bar near the end would have been a peach.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

@hibs.net private member
    He's getting better but nowhere near the level of O'Connor, Fletcher or Deeks

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    33 goals in 75 games (all competitions/other).

He is improving, however according to two wags on the bus yesterday, he will never be a footballer.....Obviously (or I hope) their "opinion" is that of a minority.

JC is improving all the time and certainly knows where the goals are, AS working hard on making him a better all round player....
    It's probably a sign of the times or maybe just a tendency for Hibs fans to look for the negatives but I find it absolutely astonishing the nature of the criticism of a 19/20 year old player.

'He's not the finished article', 'room for improvement', 'all round game isn't up to scratch' etc etc. What kind of absolute morons expect a player who's been around for less than 2 years as a pro to be good at everything?

We had 12 months of folk slating James Collins for not being productive which meant his work rate was irrelevant. Now we've got a guy who has a quite frankly superb scoring record so we need to look for other problems as opposed to celebrating his strengths.

It'll not be long- when he's moved on, until folk are bemoaning the fact we've not got a poacher in the ranks. We've waited years and years for a Robbo type (without the gut) and it might be a while before we get another. You can see how much fear he puts in opposing fans, but for some Hibees, still not good enough. Absolute joke.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I'd agree with that but he can only score against the teams he's playing. Until he does that at a higher level then you can't compare him to the names you've mentioned.

Last season I said I think he could struggle if we were to make the step up, this season I think he's playing well enough to be able to handle it.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    One of the good things to come from Butchers omnishambles. Folks either have short term memories are deluded or perhaps even out of touch with their Hibbyness. That Or trolling tramps/yams.

"He used to be a jambo but he's all right now"

Garry was struggling badly at Hibs when he was 20, having made a big initial impact a couple of years previously. Deek I don't think made his debut until he was 20. So how do you work out he's nowhere near their level?

Nowhere their level when they were 22/23 maybe?

I think you can only really make that comparison when JC has had his career. I'm pretty confident that he'll do better than Deeks and Gaz.

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    I noticed yesterday at the game that Stubbs was talking Jason through the game a lot.

There was a couple of offside decisions that Stubbs wasn't happy with, Jason not watching the line and also pointing out where he was to be whilst Raith were taking a throw in.

There is clearly a huge natural talent in there, and he covers a lot of ground, but I just wonder how much of the Cummings success is down to Stubbs and the coaching staff.

Great to have him around though, a right good player.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    It's probably a sign of the times or maybe just a tendency for Hibs fans to look for the negatives but I find it absolutely astonishing the nature of the criticism of a 19/20 year old player.

'He's not the finished article', 'room for improvement', 'all round game isn't up to scratch' etc etc. What kind of absolute morons expect a player who's been around for less than 2 years as a pro to be good at everything?

We had 12 months of folk slating James Collins for not being productive which meant his work rate was irrelevant. Now we've got a guy who has a quite frankly superb scoring record so we need to look for other problems as opposed to celebrating his strengths.

It'll not be long- when he's moved on, until folk are bemoaning the fact we've not got a poacher in the ranks. We've waited years and years for a Robbo type (without the gut) and it might be a while before we get another. You can see how much fear he puts in opposing fans, but for some Hibees, still not good enough. Absolute joke.
    Well said. We will be lucky to get another 3 seasons out of him until a bigger club comes in, he is a natural goal scorer and we need one of those at this time in our clubs history more than any other time. Thankfully he keeps popping up with goals.
    Last edited by Rasta_Hibs; 25-10-2015 at 11:23 AM.

Id suggest a contract renewal should be discussed in the not too distant future...thinkhe has about 18 months left on current deal.Get him tied downas we have a real talent on our hands and I believe he will only get better

@hibs.net private member
    Garry was struggling badly at Hibs when he was 20, having made a big initial impact a couple of years previously. Deek I don't think made his debut until he was 20. So how do you work out he's nowhere near their level?

Nowhere their level when they were 22/23 maybe?

I think you can only really make that comparison when JC has had his career. I'm pretty confident that he'll do better than Deeks and Gaz.
    I never mentioned age. I was comparing ability. I think JC can go on to have a great career. His scoring record is excellent at championship level but he's got a long way to go.

Coaching Staff
    I thought he was brilliant yesterday. Seems to be improving on his ability to keep the ball.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    I never mentioned age. I was comparing ability. I think JC can go on to have a great career. His scoring record is excellent at championship level but he's got a long way to go.
    Which as was pointed out makes sense since he is only 19.

As others have said, some of the critique is unbelievable.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post

Hes a good young player at championship level. But it's still early in his career and he's still developing but I'm not convinced he'll go on to play at a bigger club than Hibs. I hope I'm wrong and Hibs make millions off him

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Id suggest a contract renewal should be discussed in the not too distant future...thinkhe has about 18 months left on current deal.Get him tied downas we have a real talent on our hands and I believe he will only get better
    I agree. Tie him down for longer, both for Jason to be on s decent contract and to protect what is an ever more valuable asset for Hibs. He will make us a good few quid in the future I've no doubt. If we were to sign a player with his goals to games ratio we'd be delighted, and he is only going to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post

Exactly mate- I don't know why folk find that hard to understand. He WILL get even better as the years go on.

I'm pretty sure Garry, Deek and Fletch had the same room for improvement at his age so I really don't see how age ISNT relevant if you're comparing players. If you want to make age irrelevant then Jason is already better than Garry and Derek at this point in time!

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    If you compare the above three ,goals to game record at 19 . I'd say Jason has the best record .

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    It's probably a sign of the times or maybe just a tendency for Hibs fans to look for the negatives but I find it absolutely astonishing the nature of the criticism of a 19/20 year old player. 'He's not the finished article', 'room for improvement', 'all round game isn't up to scratch' etc etc. What kind of absolute morons expect a player who's been around for less than 2 years as a pro to be good at everything? We had 12 months of folk slating James Collins for not being productive which meant his work rate was irrelevant. Now we've got a guy who has a quite frankly superb scoring record so we need to look for other problems as opposed to celebrating his strengths. It'll not be long- when he's moved on, until folk are bemoaning the fact we've not got a poacher in the ranks. We've waited years and years for a Robbo type (without the gut) and it might be a while before we get another. You can see how much fear he puts in opposing fans, but for some Hibees, still not good enough. Absolute joke.
    Well said mate

Incredible that some fans are so negative about a 20 year old

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Especially if hibs miss promotion this season.

@hibs.net private member The Sundance Kid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    If you compare the above three ,goals to game record at 19 . I'd say Jason has the best record .

GGTTH
    I believe that since 2000 the only strikers with better goals per game ratios than Cummings for Hibs are Chris Killen, Anthony Stokes and Leigh Griffiths. Albeit Cummings has scored his against Championship opposition but still a very impressive record

How can I say I'd like to see him score multiple goals in games, maybe the odd hattrick without it sounding negative?

He's a eye for goal and certainly goes for it but has only scored a double on the odd occasion.
    Space to let