hibs.net Messageboard

Hypocrisy of the media when will it end?

Rangers wiz kid hacked down in first 30 seconds,outrage!!!!(diddy cup)
    Falkirk robbed by dodgy penalty decision,outrage!!!!(10th game of the season)
    Two days later,these incidents are still big headlines and "injustice" is the cry.
    Black,elbow,intent,3yards outside the box,red card and not a peep!!!
    My insanity chip is melting

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    It wasn't a penalty, we got lucky.
    It was a horrible challenge! The Rangers lad was lucky not to be injured

If it's still being covered by the papers it's because it's a slow news day. If you are unhappy with the papers down buy them! In this day and age with smart phones and quick internet access you don't really need to buy the paper. And if you want hibs news and better coverage look no further than this website.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    I still laugh at anyone from Glasgow's southside talking about protecting talent when all I remember growing up was a bunch of animals in light blue kicking anything that moved....... That's when they weren't diving at the other end.

They all fail to mention the blatant foul on David Gray a few seconds before we did get the penalty. Hardly surprising though.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They all fail to mention the blatant foul on David Gray a few seconds before we did get the penalty. Hardly surprising though.
    That's the issue. The outrage is about Falkirk being conned by losing to a penalty thsat shouldn't have been. Falkirk should simply should have lost to a penalty that was taken 10 seconds earlier, there wasn't any injustice.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    That's the issue. The outrage is about Falkirk being conned by losing to a penalty thsat shouldn't have been. Falkirk should simply should have lost to a penalty that was taken 10 seconds earlier, there wasn't any injustice.
    I think it may go deeper than that. Not so much about Falkirk being robbed but The Rangers being pegged back

it's just the media putting pressure on the refs before our two most important games so far this season. typical west coast piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    It wasn't a penalty, we got lucky.
    It was a horrible challenge! The Rangers lad was lucky not to be injured

If it's still being covered by the papers it's because it's a slow news day. If you are unhappy with the papers down buy them! In this day and age with smart phones and quick internet access you don't really need to buy the paper. And if you want hibs news and better coverage look no further than this website.
    Agree with you regarding the penalty/challenge
    my point is both of these things happened to us in a major cup final(one game)not a peep!
    this was two games that both affected the Rangers,one being a diddy cup game.
    havent bought a paper for years.every morning i click on hibs net first.
    By the way did you know the Rangers lad was crocked/injured/hobbled off(any paper online)and my favourite quote"bruised in the neck,arm,chest,leg in fact everywhere"mark warburton on radio Scotland.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    I still laugh at anyone from Glasgow's southside talking about protecting talent when all I remember growing up was a bunch of animals in light blue kicking anything that moved....... That's when they weren't diving at the other end.
    John Greig, the greatest ever Ranger, really sums it up. Even in Scotland I'd doubt he would ever see 90 minutes out now. The "tackles" he committed on Peter Cormack in particular were criminal assaults.

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    John Greig, the greatest ever Ranger, really sums it up. Even in Scotland I'd doubt he would ever see 90 minutes out now. The "tackles" he committed on Peter Cormack in particular were criminal assaults.

The old story was someone from Ibrox called John's wife ( a very nice woman apparently) and said "John's broken a leg" and her answer was " who's was it ?"

Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Did Burchill really excuse the tackle because it was on an English player? I never heard his interview but I've been told that's what he said.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    To answer the OP...

No never.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    I think it may go deeper than that. Not so much about Falkirk being robbed but The Rangers being pegged back
    Absolutely, plus we are the biggest threat to their assendancy. We should be attacked at every opportunity, and dont the Refs know it.

J

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by surreyhibbie View Post

The old story was someone from Ibrox called John's wife ( a very nice woman apparently) and said "John's broken a leg" and her answer was " who's was it ?"

It certainly wasn't Sloop's

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Did Burchill really excuse the tackle because it was on an English player? I never heard his interview but I've been told that's what he said.
    No. He was trying very clumsily it has to be said that his player(a young talented Scot ) was being hounded for the challenge whilst trying to make his way in the Scottush game. The lad )he challenged (who happened to be English)would be off at the end of his loan spell without a backward look to Scottush football. It wasn't a pretty challenge but I'm sure there was no malice in it. He was trying to play the ball.

Ah diddums... Poor wee soul getting a kick playing football? I'm sure Butcher. Souness, Roberts, Hurlock and Greig would never have thought about such a thing that's why they're regarded as legends doon Govan way... Dry yer eyes weegie press.

@hibs.net private member
    In answer to the OP's original question- it won't ever.

If Hibs win this w'end I advise anyone who still reads newspapers to keep an eye out for the media trying to upset us.

1. Stubbs linked to another job.
    2. Ref under pressure after Hibs get lucky win in Falkirk.
    3. Hibs player spotted in town drinking
    4. Hibs haven't the squad to win the title
    5. The Rangers are the bestest team in the universe and we love them and hate Hibs.

Ok 5 is a bit out there but would that really surprise you?!

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    If Hibs win this w'end I advise anyone who still reads newspapers to keep an eye out for the media trying to upset us.

1. Stubbs linked to another job.
    2. Ref under pressure after Hibs get lucky win in Falkirk.
    3. Hibs player spotted in town drinking
    4. Hibs haven't the squad to win the title
    5. The Rangers are the bestest team in the universe and we love them and hate Hibs.

Ok 5 is a bit out there but would that really surprise you?!
    It's an absolute certainty if we win tomorrow the west coasts finest will be at their unsettling best in the lead up to next week.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Do we need a 'Wings Over Scotland' football edition? Maybe without the direct abuse

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    But when you see guff like this, the spouters are setting themselves up. There's no question that at some point this season we will be on the wrong end of same sort of call.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    I actually have no problem with west coast media backing west coast teams. It does pee me off when other media does it though

First Team Breakthrough Dav1986's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: davidmcandrew86
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    But when you see guff like this, the spouters are setting themselves up. There's no question that at some point this season we will be on the wrong end of same sort of call.
    We already have been on the wrong end of it this season! Free kick at ibrox that tavernier scored from shouldn't have been a free kick at all.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    No. He was trying very clumsily it has to be said that his player(a young talented Scot ) was being hounded for the challenge whilst trying to make his way in the Scottush game. The lad )he challenged (who happened to be English)would be off at the end of his loan spell without a backward look to Scottush football. It wasn't a pretty challenge but I'm sure there was no malice in it. He was trying to play the ball.

It was a dreadful tackle,nowhere near the ball and should have been a red card.Other than that I totally agree with you.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    It was a dreadful tackle,nowhere near the ball and should have been a red card.Other than that I totally agree with you.
    Don't disagree it was a red. He was after the ball though.

No mention or follow up of the Sevco golden boy Foghorn (big mouth) Waghorn's lash out a few minutes from the end of Livi game ...should have walked for it ! Would have been interesting to see how they coped without him for a couple of games one of which could have been against us ! Decision for Sevco no issue cos it's them !!!!