hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Vilnius pich

Coaching Staff

Vilnius pich

Watching the England game and must say the artificial pitch looks to be of the highest quality, really quite impressive.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watching the England game and must say the artificial pitch looks to be of the highest quality, really quite impressive.
    Woy was saying before that game that's it ok as far as 3G goes but not the highest quality of artificial pitches

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I possibly heard him wrong, but I'm sure I heard that numpty Butcher, on Sky Sports News, talking about how Lithuania were watering the artificial pitch before the game, saying he'd never seen an artificial pitch that was watered. Didn't Hamilton water thier pitch before we played them in the play-off?

They were saying it like it was strange on ITV as well

Ours gets watered at RP too, apparently if you don't the ball holds up way to much and doesn't really run though like a normal pitch.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I possibly heard him wrong, but I'm sure I heard that numpty Butcher, on Sky Sports News, talking about how Lithuania were watering the artificial pitch before the game, saying he'd never seen an artificial pitch that was watered. Didn't Hamilton water thier pitch before we played them in the play-off?
    Would you be surprised if he didn't notice? I'd be surprised if he even knew Hamilton had a plastic pitch.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    You'd have thought a man with his level of gardening leave would know his stuff.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    It's quite common for them to be watered, depends on the weather i would think.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vanNISHtelroy View Post
    They were saying it like it was strange on ITV as well

Ours gets watered at RP too, apparently if you don't the ball holds up way to much and doesn't really run though like a normal pitch.
    Yip, if it is warm/hot the pitch becomes sticky and as you say the ball holds up and doesn't run through the way it would on a grass pitch, when watered the ball zips along the pitch, a nightmare for goalkeepers.

Grass pitch all the time for me.

I was pretty amazed that the SFA allowed Killie to lay a 3g pitch in the top flight of our league.

Take it Killie/players are still trying to adapt to it.

@hibs.net private member
    Did you see how they watered it? No sprinklers or that, got the fire brigade in to hose it!!!

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We watered our training pitch at East Mains. Shows how much attention that numpty paid

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Yip, if it is warm/hot the pitch becomes sticky and as you say the ball holds up and doesn't run through the way it would on a grass pitch, when watered the ball zips along the pitch, a nightmare for goalkeepers.

Grass pitch all the time for me.

I was pretty amazed that the SFA allowed Killie to lay a 3g pitch in the top flight of our league.

Take it Killie/players are still trying to adapt to it.
    Not actually been to a game this season cos of my work :/ but if its anything like last year it won't effect us cos the ball is in the air that much!