hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Celtic Tweet

Celtic Tweet

Just seen a tweet shared on facebook from Celtic wishing the Republic of Ireland the best of luck tonight. I have no idea if its genuine or not, but if it is and considering the impact their result would have on Scotland:

WTF !!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just seen a tweet shared on facebook from Celtic wishing the Republic of Ireland the best of luck tonight. I have no idea if its genuine or not, but if it is and considering the impact their result would have on Scotland:

WTF !!!

Seemingly real and they also wished Scotland well too.

Brand Celtic strikes again. All they are doing is trying to keep their customer base happy by releasing good luck messages that will go down well.

The fact that these tweets contradict each other doesn't matter. Their political stances and fan movements/philosophies have been contradicting each other for decades.

They are phonies and deep down they know this, hence their desperate attempts to be accepted by so many.

@hibs.net private member
    "We're an Irish team" they will say. No they are a Scottish team with Irish heritage. I wonder if it annoys them that we have a more Irish name then their name.. Wouldn't be surprised. That's how sad they are.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    Brand Celtic strikes again. All they are doing is trying to keep their customer base happy by releasing good luck messages that will go down well.

The fact that these tweets contradict each other doesn't matter. Their political stances and fan movements/philosophies have been contradicting each other for decades.

They are phonies and deep down they know this, hence their desperate attempts to be accepted by so many.
    I'm surprised they didn't send one to the Polish team to cosy up to their many Polish Catholic fans.

@hibs.net private member
    Who cares what they do? They always have & will play the Irish card.

Don't see why folk get so outraged by this. Celtic have a huge Irish fan base, so what's the problem? They also wished Scotland good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't send one to the Polish team to cosy up to their many Polish Catholic fans.

Pope was sitting just along from me in the south stand last night! Was he guest of honour?!

WTF !!!
    Who gives a flying f....

Fair play to the Irish. They beat the world champions to ensure they'll go through to a qualifier at least, while we chucked it against the 110th best team in the world to hinder our hopes.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    I suppose if they sent Scotland a " Good Luck " tweet as well its not a problem.

I wonder if they sent Northern Ireland one !

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Not surprised. The number of the hun supporters congratulating NI on qualifying is also pretty sickening, especially coming from sites like ProddyNet or something similar. No Catholics in the NI team?

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    For some bizarre reason i wandered onto Bears Den last night, and they were actively supporting Poland.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Non Scottish followers of football teams based in Glasgow. Shame we're stuck with them.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

The old firm are the old firm, a bunch a waster reprobates that bring nothing to society, best ignored.

Coaching Staff
    I generally find the responses to these things to be way more Sectarian than whatever the initial offence was supposed to be!

Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    For some bizarre reason i wandered onto Bears Den last night, and they were actively supporting Poland.
    I asked a mate who is a Sevco fan if he wanted to watch the game at mine and he said "No, I've given up on Scotland 'cause of the way SFA have treated Rangers."

Really is beyond belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Don't see why folk get so outraged by this. Celtic have a huge Irish fan base, so what's the problem? They also wished Scotland good luck.
    You don't see a problem with the top club in Scotland wishing Ireland all the best last night when an Ireland victory over Germany was going to (at best) severely affect Scotland's hopes of qualification for Euro 2016, regardless of how Scotland got on in their match?

I don't know of any other club in world football that would have issued such a message, with the obvious exception of Sevco perhaps. Have they congratulated Northern Ireland yet on their qualification?

The sooner these two cancerous clubs leave this country, the better. I honestly hate the pair of them.
    Last edited by Sir David Gray; 09-10-2015 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    You don't see a problem with the top club in Scotland wishing Ireland all the best last night when an Ireland victory over Germany was going to (at best) severely affect Scotland's hopes of qualification for Euro 2016, regardless of how Scotland got on in their match?

I don't know of any other club in world football that would have issued such a message, with the obvious exception of Sevco perhaps. Have they congratulated Northern Ireland yet on their qualification?

The sooner these two cancerous clubs leave this country, the better. I honestly hate the pair of them.
    Well said Trig.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    As others have alluded to, no good luck message for Northern Ireland and I'm certain the Welsh and English sides won't get one either.

I ****ing despise Celtic.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    "We're an Irish team" they will say. No they are a Scottish team with Irish heritage. I wonder if it annoys them that we have a more Irish name then their name.. Wouldn't be surprised. That's how sad they are.
    But they want to play in England. Confused?

Coaching Staff

WTF !!!
    Much ado about nothing.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    Not surprised. The number of the hun supporters congratulating NI on qualifying is also pretty sickening, especially coming from sites like ProddyNet or something similar. No Catholics in the NI team?

I don't know about Catholics in the NI team but last night the terraces were a sea of green shirts supporting the team.

I wonder if it causes any inner conflict when true blue supporters pull on a green shirt to support their country.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Who gives a flying f....

Fair play to the Irish. They beat the world champions to ensure they'll go through to a qualifier at least, while we chucked it against the 110th best team in the world to hinder our hopes.
    I do. This has nothing to do with the ROI qualifying and us not, as you say fair play to them. What it has got to do with is arguably Scotland's most high profile club sending a message of support to another country in direct competition with our national team for a place in a major tournament. If we had managed to make it, it would have given our game a massive and much needed boost.

I couldn't give a rats arse how many Irish supporters Celtic have .... they are supposed to be a Scottish football club and as a result fully behind Scotland's national team .... not sending good luck messages to the competition, no matter who they are. Hibs have a handful of Polish fans, some of whom were probably in the away end last night, they are very welcome at Easter Road and I love that they have chosen us as their Scottish club. But I would go mental if Hibs were sending their national team good luck messages when in competition with Scotland.

Coaching Staff
    Can we expect a tweet from rangers wishing England good luck tonight?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    I don't know about Catholics in the NI team but last night the terraces were a sea of green shirts supporting the team.

I wonder if it causes any inner conflict when true blue supporters pull on a green shirt to support their country.
    Gives hope for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Can we expect a tweet from rangers wishing England good luck tonight?
    Would they not be supporting NI?

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    I don't really see what Celtic were trying to achieve by tweeting anything to do with international football.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post

But they didn't just wish Ireland 'all the best', they wished Scotland good luck as well.

First Team Breakthrough MJN1875's Avatar

WTF !!!
    So what? I say good luck to them Wales and n Ireland, doesn't make me any less of a Scot.
    It's Rangers who are the ****bags, and hearts!

Coaching Staff
    I think the over-reaction to the tweet is probably more telling than the tweet itself.