hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough MJN1875's Avatar

The Rangers game

I really think we all need to make an effort and turn up here. Anything under 15000 is a disgrace, should be a sell out ffs!

This can take it down to 5 points if we win all our games. The week before it is a crucial week with 3 games in 1 week. We are getting a load of injured players back and will be able to rotate some of the squad.

If we want to win this league we need to get to the games especially the sevco one.

Bring it down to 5 points and they'll ***** it!!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

We also have a tricky set of fixtures before that match.

We are at home to Dumbarton next, who we obviously lost to on the opening weekend, and we drew 0-0 against them at Easter Road last season. Then we have Falkirk and Raith Rovers away from home back to back who are just above and just below us in the table.

We need to just keep our good form going and see where we are going into the match against Sevco.

Hopefully a decent crowd turns up for that match, it won't be anywhere near a sellout so I wouldn't get your hopes up too much for that but hopefully we'll start to see a few people coming back over the next few months.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Three wins before The Rangers and a sell out would be on.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

We are at home to Dumbarton next, who we obviously lost to on the opening weekend, and we drew 0-0 against them at Easter Road last season. Then we have Falkirk and Raith Rovers away from home back to back who are just above and just below us in the table.

We need to just keep our good form going and see where we are going into the match against Sevco.

Hopefully a decent crowd turns up for that match, it won't be anywhere near a sellout so I wouldn't get your hopes up too much for that but hopefully we'll start to see a few people coming back over the next few months.
    Maximum points, all these diddy teams will get pumped. I'm including sevco in that list!

First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    If we can't beat Dumbarton at home then there's nae danger we'll win the league!!!

@hibs.net private member
    One game at a time. Lot to happen between now and then.

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    Why no turn it into something positive.

Rather than moan saying we should get 15,000 sold, try and create an event as fans, like a homecoming or something along those lines. Maybe club could get involved,double lolayty points or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuarty27 View Post

Rather than moan saying we should get 15,000 sold, try and create an event as fans, like a homecoming or something along those lines. Maybe club could get involved,double lolayty points or something.
    Cheaper tickets.......

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by portyhibernian View Post
    If we can't beat Dumbarton at home then there's nae danger we'll win the league!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by portyhibernian View Post
    aye, we heard you the first time.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    aye, we heard you the first time.
    We need to beat them at least twice??

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar

Good idea, you should send an email to Leeann and I'm sure she'll support it if she thinks the idea would work. Would it not be close to the 6-2 games 15th anniversary? Perhaps we could try and get as many players who played in that game to make a half time lap of honour

Coaching Staff

Surely the event is a football match with our big rivals for the league?!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Surely the event is a football match with our big rivals for the league?!
    Not enough for some apparently. The football does me, games like this one are what it's all about.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Not enough for some apparently. The football does me, games like this one are what it's all about.
    Nor does it help with being on the telly at a stupid time on a Sunday.

The football does it for me but if the club could market something in the right way, we maybe could entice a few more to rock up

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post

The football does it for me but if the club could market something in the right way, we maybe could entice a few more to rock up
    Sunday ain't ideal but it's a home game. For the majority it just means stumble out of bed and go and watch the Hibees. It's not that much of a hardship.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post

I don't think we should do anything to make it special tbh. Usually stuff like that turns out to be an embarrassment and we will end up getting pumped. Can't people just turn up. Can't believe it's even an issue getting people to turn up ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by MJN1875 View Post
    I don't think we should do anything to make it special tbh. Usually stuff like that turns out to be an embarrassment and we will end up getting pumped. Can't people just turn up. Can't believe it's even an issue getting people to turn up ffs!
    Well it clearly is an issue that has exercised many a thread and apart from a modest increase against Aberdeen we are where we are .But like someone else said win all our games up to the Rangers game and it would lead to a bigger attendance ,but it's a Sunday ,it's on the telly ,it's top whack ,kick off time has been changed etc etc
    None of that matters to me ,was at previous two defeats and will be at this game .

Would be better sending every ****er on the database a map & LRT bus timetable coz half o' them seem tae have forgotten where ER is.

seems to me, you are making it an issue. the early sunday tv, has made it very easy for a lot to give it a body swerve, like it or not. I will be there, and encourage people I know/relatives to go but, the Sunday thing does it for some like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Would be better sending every ****er on the database a map & LRT bus timetable coz half o' them seem tae have forgotten where ER is.
    This.

Personally felt the attendance against Aberdeen was poor considering it didn't apply many of the complaints issued by people who don't go anymore. It wasn't against any of the "Championship dross" it was against the top/in form team in the country at that point.

Tickets were cheaper I believe? Forgive me as I don't know the exact reductions but the fact they put it down at all is good news. But yet still the Hibs support was no higher than what? 9k I think?

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    My mate just texted me that LAFC are going to have a museum next to their new stadium in LA when they build it. I thought "why would a club with no history have a museum?" and then wondered if The Rangers might have one at Ibrox.

Why, then, would 'people just turn up' if you think 'we will end up getting pumped' anyway?

Your posts seem too aggressive and perhaps tto really care about getting the punters back on a regular basis

If every regular could persuade just one person to come along we'd have 15,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post

We also beat them 4 times scoring 14 goals, it shouldn't be too hard assuming we turn up.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    This.

Personally felt the attendance against Aberdeen was poor considering it didn't apply many of the complaints issued by people who don't go anymore. It wasn't against any of the "Championship dross" it was against the top/in form team in the country at that point.

Tickets were cheaper I believe? Forgive me as I don't know the exact reductions but the fact they put it down at all is good news. But yet still the Hibs support was no higher than what? 9k I think?

Good points.

Who'd have thought it eh, that maybe loads of those stay-aways excuses are just excuses. I'm just waiting for the mad rush for season tickets when Petrie eventually goes, you'll struggle to get a seat at Easter Road...

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    When 3-0 wins against the likes of Alloa and Queen of the South become the minimum expected outcome and not treated like some major achievement for a club of our size then we'll soon see crowds come back.

Quote Originally Posted by My Wife Camille View Post
    When 3-0 wins against the likes of Alloa and Queen of the South become the minimum expected outcome and not treated like some major achievement for a club of our size then we'll soon see crowds come back.
    Yawn 😖

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    They all seem to know where Hampden is mind for a cup semi or final

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by My Wife Camille View Post
    No Hibs fans here are treating wins against Alloa and QOTS as major achievements though are they? Some of us might be guilty of enjoying seeing our team win but maybe that's because we don't let posters like you suck the joy out of absolutely everything to do with Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    No Hibs fans here are treating wins against Alloa and QOTS as major achievements though are they? Some of us might be guilty of enjoying seeing our team win but maybe that's because we don't let posters like you suck the joy out of absolutely everything to do with Hibs.
    The subject matter is the size of the crowds. Rangers are regularly scoring 3, 4 or 5 goals every week this season and as a result their crowds are up massively compared last season where they struggled.

It's an absolute certainty that if we were brushing teams aside on a weekly basis as Rangers are doing this season and Hearts did last season then we would be seeing higher attendances at ER.