hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: jason cummings

jason cummings

How long can we realistically keep hold of this guy?

Scored 7 already, a 3rd of what he totalled for last season.

I get some games he doesn't look that great, but for me that is his biggest attribute, the fact he can be having a nightmare or doing nothing, them pop up with a winner.

A young guy scoring as many goals as he is and getting in the Scotland 21s must be getting some serious attentions

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Hopefully as long as possible, how long does Jason still haven't his contract?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Signed a 3 year extension in July 2014.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    We should looking to realistically hold on to Jason for another 3 seasons, he's nowhere near mature enough, in football terms, to move on yet and staying put will do his long term career a lot of good

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Signed a 3 year extension in July 2014.
    Going by this at the end of this season he will be his last year , PETRIE get it sorted

I have no idea what the post above means but Jason would do well to keep at it and develop with Hibs for at least another couple of seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    How long can we realistically keep hold of this guy?

Scored 7 already, a 3rd of what he totalled for last season.

I get some games he doesn't look that great, but for me that is his biggest attribute, the fact he can be having a nightmare or doing nothing, them pop up with a winner.

A young guy scoring as many goals as he is and getting in the Scotland 21s must be getting some serious attentions
    I think other clubs will have been waiting to see how he went this season and make sure he was able to continue his scoring rate ,
    and develop his all round game more .
    I think he will remain till the end of the season ,and when we get promotion he will be given an extended contact ,that specifies he can go for X amount ,but think he will want to prove he can continue scoring in higher Leaugue before moving on .However as goal scorers are always in demand ,he is bound to be scouted ,and then it depends who bids and how mutch and then Club and player have decisions to make .
    Last edited by Ronniekirk; 06-10-2015 at 06:48 AM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    To get him away from Hibs it's going to take Celtc or Rangers being able to quadruple his wages, or someone in England.

I don't think he will be ready for either of those moves by the end of this season, hopefully he sticks around and continues to get better.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    I am travelling up to Aberdeen this weekend to see kevin bridges, avoiding any delays on the train up on Sat I hope to catch the U21 game at pitodrie. I am looking forward to seeing him in the scotland set up and how well he adapts to a different team around him. Im sure McGinn is also the captain of the U21

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    To get him away from Hibs it's going to take Celtc or Rangers being able to quadruple his wages, or someone in England.

I don't think he will be ready for either of those moves by the end of this season, hopefully he sticks around and continues to get better.
    I think he SHOULD stick around but I don't think he will.

He's not short of confidence so will back himself to do well wherever he goes.

I don't see Hibs risking him leaving for nothing so they'll cash in with a few hundred thousand at the end of this season.

Players always seem to move that little bit too early and I think he'll do the same.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Same agent as Scott Allan....

In all seriousness, I think JC has his head screwed on and knows the next 2-4 years with Hibs and Hibs only is imperative to his development.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    Same agent as Scott Allan....

In all seriousness, I think JC has his head screwed on and knows the next 2-4 years with Hibs and Hibs only is imperative to his development.
    Who only needed to stay one more year. Next summer was the right time for SA to move.

I'd say that JC should stay this season but he really needs to be playing in the Premier League or in England next year. If we get promoted he should stay with us for another year. If we don't then I think he's got a decision to make.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    This will probably be his last season with us if he keeps scoring at the rate he is. It's rare for a footballer to stay if a decent bid comes from a team down south.

United we stand here....

First Team Breakthrough MJN1875's Avatar
    Hel be off at the end of the season 100% if we don't go up. Good chance hel be away even if we do go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Who only needed to stay one more year. Next summer was the right time for SA to move.

I'd say that JC should stay this season but he really needs to be playing in the Premier League or in England next year. If we get promoted he should stay with us for another year. If we don't then I think he's got a decision to make.
    Now was the right time for Allen to move. It's a job, someone offers you 4 X your wages you go. You'd be an idiot not to.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post

Not if we stay down. You don't get better playing the likes of Alloa in the Scottish first division

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    We should looking to realistically hold on to Jason for another 3 seasons, he's nowhere near mature enough, in football terms, to move on yet and staying put will do his long term career a lot of good
    That's absolute garbage. He's more than ready for a big move he's proved himself already. There are worse strikers than him playing in the premiership now.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I see him as a Hooper type player, will score a barrowload in Scotland then get a decent move where he will maybe struggle to hold down a regular starting place.

A bit torn on this.

On one hand he scores for fun in the Championship but is a fair bit from being the finished article. Whilst I think he would score goals in the Scottish Premierhsip, is that a worthwhile move for him? He's not ready, by quite a distance imo, for the English Championship yet.

On the other hand if he stays at Hibs too long will his development start to stagnate in the same way as Steven Fletcher? I think he'd do well to see out this season and next, see how he goes and take it from there.

@hibs.net private member
    At this moment in his career he's lucky to be at Hibs never mind at a bigger club. He's got a lot to learn and improve to earn a move to England. He's a decent championship player with potential. So I think he'll be at Hibs until we don't want him.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN1875 View Post
    That's absolute garbage. He's more than ready for a big move he's proved himself already. There are worse strikers than him playing in the premiership now.
    No chance is he good enough to play in the Premiership yet.

Now was the right time for Allen to move. It's a job, someone offers you 4 X your wages you go. You'd be an idiot not to.
    Time will tell.

In a few years Allan might have a big contract but no playing time at Celtic behind him (I suspect this will be the case) and be scrambling around trying to get a contract at the likes of ourselves or Dundee United again.

If he'd waited a year then he'd have had far better options open to him down South.

Allan is a superb player but it suited him to be our main man and imo he still had a bit of improving to do. As a result of leaving us he still only has 3/4 of a good season with us and about 17 games with Dundee United on his cv. Back to back POTY awards would have served him well.
    Last edited by Smartie; 06-10-2015 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    A bit torn on this.

On one hand he scores for fun in the Championship but is a fair bit from being the finished article. Whilst I think he would score goals in the Scottish Premierhsip, is that a worthwhile move for him? He's not ready, by quite a distance imo, for the English Championship yet.

On the other hand if he stays at Hibs too long will his development start to stagnate in the same way as Steven Fletcher? I think he'd do well to see out this season and next, see how he goes and take it from there.
    I didn't think that Steven Fletcher was stagnating at Hibs. I think he made the right move at the right time (even if he did want to go to Celtic). The fact that he developed at Hibs until he couldn't any more meant that he could get quick moves up the way with Burnley, Wolves then Sunderland.

Hel be off at the end of the season 100% if we don't go up. Good chance hel be away even if we do go up.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    No chance is he good enough to play in the Premiership yet.
    I agree, he is still learning his trade IMO. Even the improvement just over the summer is noticeable, he could be better off staying put for a couple of more years before giving it a go in England.

@hibs.net private member
    I didn't think that Steven Fletcher was stagnating at Hibs. I think he made the right move at the right time (even if he did want to go to Celtic). The fact that he developed at Hibs until he couldn't any more meant that he could get quick moves up the way with Burnley, Wolves then Sunderland.

I agree with that - we only actually had one full season of Fletcher as a star player...he was still developing in the other years....

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Teams that have lots of cash, should be eying up our players. We should not fear that. What we need to be aware of, is slippery short-sighted agents, and contracts that don't realty protect our interests.

First Team Breakthrough
    Talk of a move for JC at the moment is pretty premature in my opinion. He needs to score, at a minimum, the same number as he scored last season. He then needs to prove he can do it when we step up a league to the top league. Based on this, he should be with us till the end of next season and if he does perform, then the bidding will commence.

Stagnating was a poor choice of word on my part.

I meant what you did, he developed as much as he was going to at Hibs and our level and had to move on to continue that development.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Was this thread started by Jason's agent?