hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro leaves the club

Probably no surprise after the public criticism from Mourinho.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Good on her for not accepting the bullying tactics employed by Mourinho.

Disgraceful behaviour by him and I hope she takes Chelsea to the cleaners as I understand she's seeking legal advice.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    This was all blown way out of proportion in my opinion. If she wasn't a women it wouldn't have been nearly as big a deal, and it's because of the press.

She was part of the Chelsea staff, so worked for Mourinho, and she didn't do what he wanted, so he was pissed off. Big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This was all blown way out of proportion in my opinion. If she wasn't a women it wouldn't have been nearly as big a deal, and it's because of the press.

She was part of the Chelsea staff, so worked for Mourinho, and she didn't do what he wanted, so he was pissed off. Big deal.
    She was, and still is, a medical professional with a duty of care to the players on the pitch. She went onto the pitch to tend to a supposedly injured player, which is what she was paid to do, and she was slated by Mourinho, not just privately but also in public.

It's not for Mourinho to make the call about who is and isn't injured, his job is to coach the team and help them win football matches, it's not to decide when a player needs medical treatment and when he doesn't.

And perhaps if he feels that Eden Hazard had gone down when he wasn't actually injured, he should be having a word with him about time wasting and feigning injury instead of having a go at the club doctor for doing her job.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    She was, and still is, a medical professional with a duty of care to the players on the pitch. She went onto the pitch to tend to a supposedly injured player, which is what she was paid to do, and she was slated by Mourinho, not just privately but also in public.

It's not for Mourinho to make the call about who is and isn't injured, his job is to coach the team and help them win football matches, it's not to decide when a player needs medical treatment and when he doesn't.

And perhaps if he feels that Eden Hazard had gone down when he wasn't actually injured, he should be having a word with him about time wasting and feigning injury instead of having a go at the club doctor for doing her job.
    Ref called her on, now taking legal advice. Compo claim on its way I think.

Good managers don't criticise their staff in public. That's basic stuff.

Chelsea asked Carneiro to return to work, but she has decided not to and is now considering her legal position. I would say it's because of that legal advice, and nowt to do with the press.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post

The press seen it unfold, Mourinho was clearly raging at the time, and he was asked about it....a lot. Why should he say he wasn't pissed off?

Players go down all the time, not necessarily faking it, but not needing treatment either. And that was the case with Hazard in this instance. As a medical professional, and as someone involved in top level football, she should - and no doubt does - know this.

All the crap with her thanking the fans for 'thier support during this tough period', on instagram or whatever, was ridiculous. She perpetuated it.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar

Yeah but easty, do you think he would have made such a fuss if the doctor was a bloke ?
    I got the impression he was playing to the masses and saying "look this bloody woman doesn't understand football" ? Look at me I'm chastising her......
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Good managers don't criticise their staff in public. That's basic stuff.

Chelsea asked Carneiro to return to work, but she has decided not to and is now considering her legal position. I would say it's because of that legal advice, and nowt to do with the press.
    He'd already done it, without saying a word to the press. They all saw him raging at her.

Just because she's had legal advice, doesn't mean it's good advice.

@hibs.net private member
    The press seen it unfold, Mourinho was clearly raging at the time, and he was asked about it....a lot. Why should he say he wasn't pissed off?

Players go down all the time, not necessarily faking it, but not needing treatment either. And that was the case with Hazard in this instance. As a medical professional, and as someone involved in top level football, she should - and no doubt does - know this.

All the crap with her thanking the fans for 'thier support during this tough period', on instagram or whatever, was ridiculous. She perpetuated it.
    Hazard asked the ref to allow her on for treatment. She can't then make a judgement from the side of the pitch to say "na I'm just going to stay here thanks"

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    Yeah but easty, do you think he would have made such a fuss if the doctor was a bloke ?
    I got the impression he was playing to the masses and saying "look this bloody woman doesn't understand football" ? Look at me I'm chastising her......
    I think he would have kicked off just as much if it had been a guy, yeah. But, the press wouldn't have jumped all over it straight afterwards, and he wouldn't have been asked half as many questions about it. It'd all have blown over by now.

Sign her up at Hibs. That would sell 3000 season tickets :)

Blog Entries
    Everything Mourinho does is calculated & he plays the media for all that it's worth. In this case he got it badly wrong & its rebounded on him & his club.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Everything Mourinho does is calculated & he plays the media for all that it's worth. In this case he got it badly wrong & its rebounded on him & his club.
    Agree totally absolutely despicable behaviour by the biggest ego on the planet.

He'd already done it, without saying a word to the press. They all saw him raging at her.

Just because she's had legal advice, doesn't mean it's good advice.
    So that makes it OK then? She was only trying to do her job was she not? As far as I'm aware, Mourinho then continued his criticism at subsequent press conferences until he started losing the rag because the press kept asking him about the matter.

Usually, when people seek legal advice it's for a good reason. The FA is looking into a complaint that Mourinho used abusive or sexist language towards Carneiro. Whether he did or not I don't know. Time will tell.

Big deal?! She has lost her job through no fault of her own. Mourinho has acted like an utter fud in this and it would make no difference whatsoever if it had been a bloke. No doubt he is a very good manager but he needs to wind his neck in and actually get his team winning. His antics are boring now.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Spot on. The man is an arrogant bully and a serial bore yet the media still pander to him.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Poor stuff from Mourinho - seems there's always something he provides to distract the media when Chelsea have a bad time. Sadly too many fall for his cowardly antics.

No medical professional deserves to be criticised in public purely for trying to do their job. Expect no less from Chelsea though, pretty vile club.

Any doctor/medical professional has their own regulatory body to adhere to, not a manager's say so. Therefore, IMHO, she has done nothing wrong and he's just peed off at not having the final say.

I would imagine that, in medical matters, the Doctors authority would, or should, overrule anybody else present. She's in her place on the bench, the player has requested her assistance, why on earth would she not come on? If she hadn't and the player had been injured, what then?

As others have said, if Hazard wasn't really injured, what's he doing asking for medical help? That's who Jose should be mouthing off at.

In the current climate, with how sport deals with injury is coming under scrutiny, Mourinho probably couldn't have picked a worse time to pick a pointless fight with his club Doctor.

I was bored of Mourinho years ago but his behaviour here has been absolutely despicable. I'm not so sure that the fact she's female really has much to do with it being such a big story. I can only guess that there was a build up to this as even by his own standards his comments and behaviour are absolutely ridiculous and irrational. When you look at the footage again today, Hazard is clearly making out he's pretty badly hurt when she's attending to him so if he thinks he wasn't and it cost the team when he went off, he's angry at the wrong person. The public dressing down he gave her was disgusting as were his after match comments.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    He over reacted and should have dealt with it differently. However, these outbursts are part of his nature and we could do with a few more like him willing to go balls to the wall. Punish them when they deserve it for sure, and I expect he might face that down the road on this issue. He wont lose any money, not that it would hurt him anyway, but he will face a bit of public judgement.

I doubt he will ever admit it, but I bet he regrets blurting out against her now.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Yep, they'll be getting the cheque book out very soon to get this one out of the way. Senior figure made it impossible for an employee to do their job properly and created a stressful workplace atmosphere. Slam dunk for a decent employment lawyer, and then there's all that lovely media cash unless they buy her silence at a premium.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Yep, they'll be getting the cheque book out very soon to get this one out of the way. Senior figure made it impossible for an employee to do their job properly and created a stressful workplace atmosphere. Slam dunk for a decent employment lawyer, and then there's all that lovely media cash unless they buy her silence at a premium.

And probably put female participation in top level football back 20 years.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Big deal?! She has lost her job through no fault of her own. Mourinho has acted like an utter fud in this and it would make no difference whatsoever if it had been a bloke. No doubt he is a very good manager but he needs to wind his neck in and actually get his team winning. His antics are boring now.
    She lost her job because she decided not to go back.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post

His antics are becoming tiresome, he has made a fool of himself over this situation, if he had big enough balls to admit he was wrong then this would be a non story and everything would have resumed as normal. Instead he once again chose to tackle the situation in his own embarrassing style and deserves the fallout he has created.

Both her and her male counterpart were treated the same (which I thought was pretty lousy management from Moronho but he is a supreme asshole).

It would not have been an issue for the press had she not been female and passably attractive. It sells papers.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Both her and her male counterpart were treated the same (which I thought was pretty lousy management from Moronho but he is a supreme asshole).

It would not have been an issue for the press had she not been female and passably attractive. It sells papers.
    Exactly.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    I was bored of Mourinho years ago but his behaviour here has been absolutely despicable. I'm not so sure that the fact she's female really has much to do with it being such a big story. I can only guess that there was a build up to this as even by his own standards his comments and behaviour are absolutely ridiculous and irrational. When you look at the footage again today, Hazard is clearly making out he's pretty badly hurt when she's attending to him so if he thinks he wasn't and it cost the team when he went off, he's angry at the wrong person. The public dressing down he gave her was disgusting as were his after match comments.
    It 100% does. The fact a male physio was downgraded without even a mention on this thread (and comparatively very little in the media) strongly suggests that is the case.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post

Beat me to it.