hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Didier agathe: one my favorite hibs goals

A little random but found his great goal for us in his all too short stay before heading west.

Shame couldn't keep him, would be class for us.

http://youtu.be/jgJNtspn-ys

2. Log in to remove the advert

My fav goal I've ever seen at Easter road! Latapy against Hearts a close second.

Was that Agathe goal not against Dundee? Not Motherwell as the clip suggests!

And I can guarantee there won't be many that will have forgotten the Orman goal against the huns

Definitely Dundee. We were featured on Football Focus the following week as I think we won 4-1 and went top of the league?

Sure he got a double, they were both special goals, was it not Bonettis first season in charge of Dundee?

Sure Dundee had won their first game or two games and they got royally pumped against a fantastic Hibs team. Why oh why we only have Agathe 3 months deal though. Always remember seeing a guy with Agathe 17 on back of his top right before he left. Gutted.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieBoyKdy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure Dundee had won their first game or two games and they got royally pumped against a fantastic Hibs team. Why oh why we only have Agathe 3 months deal though. Always remember seeing a guy with Agathe 17 on back of his top right before he left. Gutted.
    I'd have been gutted if I had a players wrong number too

Dundee came to ER full of confidence after a good start. Hibs won the game 5-1 or 5-2 I think. Hibs were unreal that day and one of the best team performances I've seen at ER from start to finish.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Dundee came to ER full of confidence after a good start. Hibs won the game 5-1 or 5-2 I think. Hibs were unreal that day and one of the best team performances I've seen at ER from start to finish.
    Agathe was sensational - yet I mind him missing an absolute sitter in the derby. He was definitely a player that 'got away' - the Seville season for Celtic he was one of the best wingbacks I have seen in my life, at times utterly unplayable against.

@hibs.net private member The Sundance Kid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    That was my first season going to watch Hibs and is probably still my favourite. As a 5 year old I assumed that watching players like Sauzee and Latapy and beating Hearts 6-2 was the norm for us Hibees. It was 5-1 in that game, Agathe and Dirk Lehmann got doubles, with Stuart Lovell also scoring

Fantastic goal. For the 1st half of that season we were unbelievably good and beat Rangers 1-0 going on 10. We fell apart a bit after New Year and it all ended badly with the Latapy incident and the poor showing in the SC Final. Ultimately that carried over to the next season and McLeish jumped ship at the right time (for him).

A player that is always a bit of a 'What could have been' for me in that team was Tom Smith. He done a very decent job at right back in our 1st season back in the league and looked good at wing back in the next season. He was just about hitting his peak and I think he had a bigger move in him when he had to retire due to injury.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Fantastic goal. For the 1st half of that season we were unbelievably good and beat Rangers 1-0 going on 10. We fell apart a bit after New Year and it all ended badly with the Latapy incident and the poor showing in the SC Final. Ultimately that carried over to the next season and McLeish jumped ship at the right time (for him).

A player that is always a bit of a 'What could have been' for me in that team was Tom Smith. He done a very decent job at right back in our 1st season back in the league and looked good at wing back in the next season. He was just about hitting his peak and I think he had a bigger move in him when he had to retire due to injury.
    Tom Smith is now a Glasgow taxi driver . He dropped us at ibrox once going to see Hibs - had a great chat about us , really nice guy. And I agree - real shame for him with his injury

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    5v1 against Dundee it was. I remember hugging my da after we scored and saying "now we've got a team!!!"

And then we got relegated.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post

?

@hibs.net private member
    5v1 against Dundee it was. I remember hugging my da after we scored and saying "now we've got a team!!!"

Are to not thinking of the game in late 70s with the Ralph Callaghan goal ?

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Are to not thinking of the game in late 70s with the Ralph Callaghan goal ?
    Which was 5-2.....

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    ?
    Was that not the Jim Duffy season when we went down? Eck came in afterwards but couldn't save us?
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Was that not the Jim Duffy season when we went down? Eck came in afterwards but couldn't save us?
    McLeish signed Agathe at the start of his third, by my reckoning, full season with Hibs.

Think you're thinking of 5-1 v Dunfermline early in that season, the Agathe 5-1 v Dundee was start of season 2000-2001 (I was in France at the time so never saw Agathe play for us!)

I have never been so confused in my entire life as I am right now. Splendid.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    If you're thinking of a great goal at the beginning of a relegation season which gave us totally false hope you're maybe thinking of Chico v celtc in 1997....

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay

That video clip has a link to a "Best SPL Saves..." video or something like that. Unbelievably, it doesn't feature Boruc's save from Wotherspoon at ER - the best save I have seen in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    If you're thinking of a great goal at the beginning of a relegation season which gave us totally false hope you're maybe thinking of Chico v celtc in 1997....
    Definitely was Agathe slaloming his way past defenders and bending one into the top bag. Sure we won 5v1 or 5v2 and I was convinced we got relegated that year.

Man I've drank so much alcohol this century :(

Definitely was Agathe slaloming his way past defenders and bending one into the top bag. Sure we won 5v1 or 5v2 and I was convinced we got relegated that year.

We didn't. It was season. 00/01. Big Eck's biggest mistake only taking Agathe on a 3 month deal - especially as we were splashing the cash at that time. I still wonder how Agathe's career might have gone had O'Neill played him up front. A tragic waste imo.

My whole life has been a lie. The end.

*exits thread*

My whole life has been a lie. The end.

*exits thread*

Shakespearean.

Ha first thread I've started that has gone anywhere albeit it has gone a bit t up :)
    Yes sure it was Dundee and he scored 2.
    Took my new girlfriend to the game who seemed to expect that game and result every week...wee bit deluded poor lass.
    We were magic that day. Celtic snapped him up ASAP after this given 3 month deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    That video clip has a link to a "Best SPL Saves..." video or something like that. Unbelievably, it doesn't feature Boruc's save from Wotherspoon at ER - the best save I have seen in my life.
    That was a ridiculously good save. His positioning was all over the place but he certainly made up for it.

I remember Andy McNeill making an outstanding save away at Falkirk as well that never really got any recognition. Point blank effort which he tipped onto the bar.

Craig Gordon's save from Rob Jones on a 2-2 derby draw should have been in there as well. Up there with the best save I've seen. That game was a tale of 2 goalkeepers if ever there was one.

Games played by Agathe for Hibs-
    http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/playe...?playerid=6420

Here's the game I was meaning-
    http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=38451

Barry Lavety looks a lot like Didier Agathe though...