hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 7,774

That was the number of people through the turnstiles on Saturday versus Alloa. For all the positiveness surrounding the club, the number and quality of signings and the ambition of Leanne and the Club, attendances in my opinion have been poor. When compared to last season they are well down too.

So far this season [only home games used]:

v Raith = 8,484

v Morton = 8,923

v Stranraer = 5,224

v Montrose = 5,933

v Rangers = 11,225

In 2014/15 some attendances for comparison:

v Raith = 9,954

v Alloa = 8,328

Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    My thoughts are that there are less hibs fans are turning up this season.

I think there is no denying the fact that because we didn't go up last season there will be some people who feel deflated. It's a results industry and we didn't get enough of the right ones last season compared to Hearts. It's just the way it goes. However if we can start to put a run together and keep on the coat tails of Rangers people will come back, I'm sure of that.

There is no immediate solution. The ticket prices are what they, are to fund the players we have, to chase the goal we've got. All we need to do is win games.

@hibs.net private member
    Are we, the fans, forgetting we are in a title race with The Rangers? That's all that really matters and WHEN we start to push them I think the penny will drop and fans will return to support that push. All this talk about pricing too high for playing teams like Alloa etc etc is irrelevant. Our opposition every week is The Rangers and that needs to be a firm focus for all of our fans IMHO

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Diet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was the number of people through the turnstiles on Saturday versus Alloa. For all the positiveness surrounding the club, the number and quality of signings and the ambition of Leanne and the Club, attendances in my opinion have been poor. When compared to last season they are well down too.

So far this season [only home games used]:

v Raith = 8,484

v Morton = 8,923

v Stranraer = 5,224

v Montrose = 5,933

v Rangers = 11,225

In 2014/15 some attendances for comparison:

v Raith = 9,954

v Alloa = 8,328

Thoughts?
    So for league games we averaging around 8200, with an average of about 250 away fans

For cup games around 7400 with an average of about 1400 away fans

The crowds are down but get on a wee run and they will increase.over the season our target should be for an average of about 10000.

I don't think so around me there are 4 people not renewed ,
    I think people have got other thing to spend money on lost interest.

Keep winning like we did on Sat and more fans will start coming back. Simple.

Another year in the championship will not bring back the missing fans, especially with another not very good start, we're already playing catchup and the play offs are looking likely again. We need to go on a long unbeaten run, that's an unbeaten winning run with no draws, then a good few might come back.

It ain't rocket science.... We're currently a team who are yet to show consistent top performance (or even just winning regularly) in the championship.... Go on a run now and people will return. I think Aberdeen have given a great visual of what can happen over the course of a few good seasons... Wasn't long ago they couldn't pay fans to turn up and they were filled to the rafters on Saturday.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I would say we're down to the hardcore now and I don't see it improving significantly for a couple of months yet. If we win every league game between now and the Rangers game at the start of November then we will get a big crowd for that one. There's been to many false dawns for a lot fans and as a result they've given up.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I would say we're down to the hardcore now and I don't see it improving significantly for a couple of months yet. If we win every league game between now and the Rangers game at the start of November then we will get a big crowd for that one. There's been to many false dawns for a lot fans and as a result they've given up.
    Two excellent ponts you make - agree 100%!!
    Allied to that £22.00 for a game against Alloa certainly doesn't encourage waverers to attend.
    Unfortunately this season my health has meant only one visit but many friends of my age 70/80 are looking for proof we are on the up before taking the long walk up St Clair

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiethedog View Post
    So for league games we averaging around 8200, with an average of about 250 away fans

For cup games around 7400 with an average of about 1400 away fans

The crowds are down but get on a wee run and they will increase.over the season our target should be for an average of about 10000.

70 odd Alloa fans this week 🙈🙈

@hibs.net private member HiBremian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    A winning league run, yes. I wonder what the cup tie against the sheep might do. A win should make more people sit up, but if we perform well and lose?

I'm gonna look at it in a positive light... Well done to everyone who has bought season tickets. You all deserve a medal and are the hardcore of this club. I get there when I can due to work. I don't care if we're playing Alloa or Aberdeen, if I can get there I'll be there. Aberdeen are flying just now, will bring a huge support and give it large about how well they're doing. Quite rightly so! If you can get along to that game please do... I have a feeling it's gonna be a belter and will encourage more fans back. Stubbs and Dempster deserve our support.

@hibs.net private member
    It seems to be ignored that we have won our home league games 1-0, 2-0 and 3-0 this season. Last season we dropped stupid points in these sort of games. The performances against Raith (2nd half) and on Saturday were very good with better still to come.

If winning our home games without conceding a goal doesn't make folk feel a bit better about going to Easter Road then I don't know what else we can do.

Maybe a couple of away wins?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    It seems to be ignored that we have won our home league games 1-0, 2-0 and 3-0 this season. Last season we dropped stupid points in these sort of games. The performances against Raith (2nd half) and on Saturday were very good with better still to come.

If winning our home games without conceding a goal doesn't make folk feel a bit better about going to Easter Road then I don't know what else we can do.

Three wins coupled with 1-0 loss to rangers, 6-2 loss to rangers and 2-1 loss to dumbarton. Don't underestimate how much that start to the season deflated people, there was a good buzz up until that happened.

I simply can't afford to attend games at the moment, once I can I will be back. Other fans will come back once we have won more games, you can't expect 3 wins to change everyones minds when we have also lost 3 games whether they were in the league or not.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Are we, the fans, forgetting we are in a title race with The Rangers? That's all that really matters and WHEN we start to push them I think the penny will drop and fans will return to support that push. All this talk about pricing too high for playing teams like Alloa etc etc is irrelevant. Our opposition every week is The Rangers and that needs to be a firm focus for all of our fans IMHO
    I disagree about the pricing being irrelevant. Some top tier teams, including Hearts, charge less than we do. With the exception of the games against The Rangers, £22 is too high to watch the teams we're up against in this league.

I'd say knock a fiver off the majority of the games and we'd start to see crowds rising. A fiver off and a long unbeaten run would be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by SirPsychoHibee View Post
    I disagree about the pricing being irrelevant. Some top tier teams, including Hearts, charge less than we do. With the exception of the games against The Rangers, £22 is too high to watch the teams we're up against in this league.

I'd say knock a fiver off the majority of the games and we'd start to see crowds rising. A fiver off and a long unbeaten run would be even better.
    We are primarily paying to watch Hibs though aren't we? Knock a fiver off across the board and we will be paying to watch a Hibs team of a much lesser standard.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

First Team Regular steviehibsleith's Avatar
    £22 to watch Hibs v Alloa in a league fixture and 7744 turn up.
    Insane pricing but we will be told nothing can be done because of what we charged season ticket holders.

I was at Musselburgh races for a 60th on Saturday, so I was not at the match. There were 9 season ticket holders in my group who were obviously also not there. Add to that my wee boy who could not go without me, that makes 10 just in our crowd.
    Decent crowd at the races so I expect there were a good few other Hibs fans there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post

We can still do a lot more.

The 3 league games have delivered what is the minimum requirement IMO. It'll need to happen over a sustained period of time for people who are currently staying away to be even tempted to come back.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I was at Musselburgh races for a 60th on Saturday, so I was not at the match. There were 9 season ticket holders in my group who were obviously also not there. Add to that my wee boy who could not go without me, that makes 10 just in our crowd.
    Decent crowd at the races so I expect there were a good few other Hibs fans there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nephew and a few of his mates were also at the racing rather than going to E.R.
    It might have been an idea to apply to move the game to the Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    We are primarily paying to watch Hibs though aren't we? Knock a fiver off across the board and we will be paying to watch a Hibs team of a much lesser standard.
    Knocking a fiver off across the board could be risky if it backfires and the crowds don't improve. But if it worked and we started getting a few thousand extra at these games it would bring in more money in the long run meaning the standard of the team wouldn't be affected.

Quote Originally Posted by atomheartfather View Post
    A winning league run, yes. I wonder what the cup tie against the sheep might do. A win should make more people sit up, but if we perform well and lose?

Lets not get ahead of ourselves re Aberdeen, they are well ahead of us and will be favourites, the most we can ask for is to be competitive in all areas and with a bit of luck we may get a win, last thing we need to be doing is get all excited about beating them only to be let down at full time.

@hibs.net private member HiBremian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Lets not get ahead of ourselves re Aberdeen, they are well ahead of us and will be favourites, the most we can ask for is to be competitive in all areas and with a bit of luck we may get a win, last thing we need to be doing is get all excited about beating them only to be let down at full time.
    I'm expecting a "perform well and lose" ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking on Hibs site, it looks like a child price is £12 per game unless it's a Hibs kids day, is this right? and if so far too expensive if you add the adult price as well £34 for a parent and child.

If these prices are correct, would it not be a good idea to do a dual package...adult+child for just £25, a saving of £9 per game.

First Team Breakthrough

That extra fiver might have funded John McGinn's development fee paid to St Mirren. If we want PL standard players then we have to pay accordingly.
    Another issue which irks me is that I know a "supporter" who criticises the board for not spending enough money but who refuses to attend a match unless he can cadge a season ticket off a holder who can't attend.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    Nephew and a few of his mates were also at the racing rather than going to E.R.
    It might have been an idea to apply to move the game to the Sunday.
    Are you being serious or at the wind up here.

The vast majority of supporters want a 3pm Saturday kick off time, look at the uproar on here when KO times are changed for TV. Now you want the game on a Sunday cause a few guys would rather go to the races than watch Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Knocking a fiver off across the board could be risky if it backfires and the crowds don't improve. But if it worked and we started getting a few thousand extra at these games it would bring in more money in the long run meaning the standard of the team wouldn't be affected.
    I posted this on the Ticket Price thread.

For arguments sake lets say we have 5000 adults paying £22 that's an income of £110,000
    If we reduce the cost to £15 as many on here suggest that would amount to £75,000 a loss of £35,000 per game
    To make up that loss we would require another 2,333 full paying adults per game just to attain the £22 per ticket income level.
    Crowds might improve but IMO not to the level required to prevent us losing money.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Are you being serious or at the wind up here.

The vast majority of supporters want a 3pm Saturday kick off time, look at the uproar on here when KO times are changed for TV. Now you want the game on a Sunday cause a few guys would rather go to the races than watch Hibs.
    Personally, No I don't, because I am a Saturday @ 3.00pm man as it allows me to go to the pub after and have a good few beers without having to worry about getting up for work and driving next day. However the subject here is about low attendances and moving the game to the Sunday might just have added a few hundred more?

Ultimately though, IMO, these low attendances are caused by many years of under performing of Hibs team under the stewardship of R.P. and his many managers. Folk are quick to walk away and once they do, it takes a lot longer to win them back.