hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Interview with Amit Moudgil

This is my next blog in the series, which features an interview with Amit Moudgil, talking about his role as the supporter nominated director at Hibs.

Feedback is welcome, as always!

http://hibscomebackison.blogspot.co....with-amit.html
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is my next blog in the series, which features an interview with Amit Moudgil, talking about his role as the supporter nominated director at Hibs.

Good stuff. Did he take a breath between sentences?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Good stuff. Did he take a breath between sentences?
    Just about!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    It's very interesting that Frank was critisized for saying he doesn't understand why fans are staying away. Yet one of the first things Amit says is "You can understand why people are staying away because there were so many more reasons not to come to the football club than there were to come to the football club"

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

Enjoyed hearing how Amit has gone about tackling this new role and how available he is making himself to the support ,so that he can be a conduit ,between fans and the board .
    I take it its deliberate Petrie isn't mentioned ,but would be good to hear what his non executive role is ,maybe you could persuade him to give you an interview
    Only thing I would of liked more detail on was the issue of revamped scouting system as it sounds like there was little structure in place and be good to know more about what is there now what it's forward plan is
    Does Amit actively go around and watch younger players to recruit ,or is his coordinating role that he helps decide who is going to be watched and is involved in making final decisions with others about who will be brought to the club .i know he is working with younger players ,but identifying ,nurturing and developing young talent to move through the system and into Development Team is key ,as these are our potential future players ,that need to bridge that disconnect between Development Squad and First Team Squad ,that Leeann first identified when she came to the club as being one of the Key drivers to effect positive change going forward .
    Last edited by Ronniekirk; 06-09-2015 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Enjoyed hearing how Amit has gone about tackling this new role and how available he is making himself to the support so that he cN be a conduit between fans and the board .
    I take it its deliberate the Petrie isn't mentioned ,but would be good to hear what his non executive role is ,maybe you could persuade him to give you an interview
    Only thing I would of liked more detail on was the issue of revamped scouting system as it sounds like there was little structure in place and be good to know more about what is there now what it's forward plan is
    Does Amit actively go around and watch younger players to recruit ,or is his coordinating role that he helps decide who is going to be watched and is involved in making final decisions with others about who will be brought to the club .i know he is working with younger players but identifying ,nurturing and developing young talent to move through the system and into a Development Team is key as these are our potential future players ,that need to bridge that disconnect between Development Squad and First Team Squad ,that Leeann first identified when she came to the club as being one of the Key drivers to effect positive change going forward .
    Hi,

The Club moved to a continental structure (ie Head Coach and Director of Football Operations reporting into CEO), so they needed to recruit a great number of back room staff to support this.

Graeme Mathie has done an excellent job creating a structure for Player ID and Recruitment. This structure is similar throughout the different age groups.

Initially my role was to co-ordinate the scouts ensuring that recommendations or player follow ups were carried out. If a player was invited to train with us then it is up to the coaching staff to provide further assessment.

My role now is to collate all reports with help from other administrators, ensure recommendations are followed up and properly logged. I'm also the contact for boys clubs, so I've been establishing relationships and ensuring we work with boys clubs in a mutually beneficial and respectful way.

Also enjoying the Board role and responsibilities that come with it.

GGTTH

Amit

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Hi,

The Club moved to a continental structure (ie Head Coach and Director of Football Operations reporting into CEO), so they needed to recruit a great number of back room staff to support this.

Graeme Mathie has done an excellent job creating a structure for Player ID and Recruitment. This structure is similar throughout the different age groups.

Initially my role was to co-ordinate the scouts ensuring that recommendations or player follow ups were carried out. If a player was invited to train with us then it is up to the coaching staff to provide further assessment.

My role now is to collate all reports with help from other administrators, ensure recommendations are followed up and properly logged. I'm also the contact for boys clubs, so I've been establishing relationships and ensuring we work with boys clubs in a mutually beneficial and respectful way.

GGTTH

Amit
    Thanks Amit found that a good insight into the workings of the new system .Sounds like your doing a good job all round I take it you didn't scout Feruz

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Thanks Amit found that a good insight into the workings of the new system .Sounds like your doing a good job all round I take it you didn't scout Feruz
    Ha ha. You are correct. Although I am excited to see what he can do whilst he is with us.

Well played Amit. That was an enjoyable read and you come across very well. Thank you for all the time and work you put in for our club.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    Well played Amit. That was an enjoyable read and you come across very well. Thank you for all the time and work you put in for our club.
    Thank you very much for the kind words. As I said in Matty's blog, it's a privilege to be in this position and it's something I take great pride in. It was only made possible by supporters letting the Club know that we wanted representation.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    That was a good read, the passion and understanding you show really comes through.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hi,

GGTTH

Amit

Hi Amit,

Can you tell me what's happening with the Community foundation kids games. I heard that they'd been refused entry into the League because local clubs had been unhappy and thought that Hibs would "dyson" up all the decent kids.

I know the 2008 group has four teams training on Tuesday's and Thursday's but are struggling for games on a week end, and so are playing amongst themselves.

Cheers.

Hi Amit,

It was me you sat beside on the bus to Dumbarton. For everyone else's benefit, Amit is very passionate about Hibs and if you ever get the chance to speak to him you can't help but feel good about the club, even if we get beaten on the opening day of the season

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Hi Amit,

Can you tell me what's happening with the Community foundation kids games. I heard that they'd been refused entry into the League because local clubs had been unhappy and thought that Hibs would "dyson" up all the decent kids.

I know the 2008 group has four teams training on Tuesday's and Thursday's but are struggling for games on a week end, and so are playing amongst themselves.

Cheers.
    I'll check this out. The Hibernian Community Foundation are probably best placed to answer this one though given the team's fall under their remit. I'll get back to you on this

Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    Hi Amit,

It was me you sat beside on the bus to Dumbarton. For everyone else's benefit, Amit is very passionate about Hibs and if you ever get the chance to speak to him you can't help but feel good about the club, even if we get beaten on the opening day of the season
    It was great catching up that day

Is there an abriged version of that interview available anywhere?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    We were thinking of it being a multi-series documentary! Too much to say!

Thanks for putting this up

Very good interview. Seems to have a good understanding of the fans.
    Good to hear that he understands why some fans are staying away and that the onus remains with the club to get them back rather than blame the fans as many on here and also Frank did in his interview.
    Much happier with this type of fan representation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Good to hear what Amit has to say. Was convinced at election time that he understood fans like me.👍

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar

Amit PM

[
    Amit can I PM you re Scouting?

Or you PM me and I will reply with info, not familiar with the PM system?

QUOTE=Amit;4461073]Hi,

GGTTH

Amit[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Very good interview. Seems to have a good understanding of the fans.
    Good to hear that he understands why some fans are staying away and that the onus remains with the club to get them back rather than blame the fans as many on here and also Frank did in his interview.
    Much happier with this type of fan representation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think the onus sits somewhere between the club and the fans who are not attending.

The club has to make it attractive to the fans through product on the pitch, matchday experience, sense of things moving forward positively and value for money as every £ in the pocket has to be accounted for. The fans need to take a small leap of faith, as Frank said put whats in the past behind them, and give Hibs another chance.

Amit said, you need to fall back in love with the club again, Hibs are holding out their hand and holding up (most of!) their end of the deal, time to grab that hand and run with it and enjoy the ups and downs and highs and lows of supporting our football team again.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar

Amit PM

Amit

Message cannot go as your inbox I full

We were thinking of it being a multi-series documentary! Too much to say!

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Hi Amit,

Cheers.
    You have a PM ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    Amit

Message cannot go as your inbox I full
    Try now

Enjoyed reading that .. keep up the good work Amit

Left by mutual consent!
    I'll check this out. The Hibernian Community Foundation are probably best placed to answer this one though given the team's fall under their remit. I'll get back to you on this
    Hi Amit,

I've got the answers on this one due to someone seeing my post on here. No need to do any further digging, but thanks for the offer anyway.

Excellent read.

I was lucky enough to listen to Amit when he was on our bus at Dumbarton, I didn't say much on the way back because I was in the huff!

His passion for Hibs shone through and it was obvious the defeat was hurting him as much as us and I liked that. It's good to see a young, fresh face on the board who seems to really understand the fans.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Guys like Amit are exactly what the club needs and not the prehistoric views of Frank Dougan.. He is merely on the board as a fans rep because he got the token vote and being the only person the vast majority people actually knew... I have no doubt Frank is a passionate Hibby but he is everything what's wrong with Scottish football... A bunch of old codgers who are along for a jolly and to enhance their own reputation....