hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar

Club shop merchandise

Folks, as many of you know, the recent launch of the 140th anniversary strip and Hands off Hibs tee shirt came about through a suggestion from fans being taken forward by a section of the Working Together Group. That sub group, consisting of fans and officials of the club now meet regularly with the aim if bringing merchandise into the shop that we the fans want to buy. Those initial 2 items have been a great success with close to 200 strips and 170 tee's being sold in less than 3 weeks so we want to move onto the next project.

We are now working on improving the range of ladies wear, which won't be difficult nor will it be pink! We also believe there is a gap in supply for toddlers and young kids. At the other end of that scale are those more mature, at least in terms of age, individuals who maybe want something with a more subtle branding that would be OK to wear in the clubhouse at Muirfield for example. Lastly we are looking at what you'd want to buy that special Hibby in your life as a stocking filler this Christmas.

We would however like some suggestions on what you would like to see in the shop. Or to be more accurate we'd like some suggestions on what you would like to buy from the shop. It doesn't have to sit in the categories above though, if there is something missing you think would be a big seller let us know.

A couple of things to bear in mind though;

We need to buy in bulk, if we can't sell all / most of it we lose cash so it has to be something that many people would want not just you.

Cost of raw materials pushing up the cost of the garment. that cashmere jersey may look great but we won't sell many at £90+ but we could sell a few lambs wool jerseys at half the price.

It's going to be on sale in the club shop so it cannot be rude or offensive, even to our city neighbours. Tee shirts with 6-2, 7-0 etc. may offend them but they are acceptable!

There are no prizes for the best idea, nor even a freebie if it ends up in the shop next month. There is however a great deal of pride seeing fellow supporters at Easter Road wearing something that you have helped in the creation of.

So any ideas welcome and if someone has already suggested an item you think would be ideal still put it forward, that way we will know how popular it's going to be.

Thanks

2. Log in to remove the advert

After strips and trainingwear, I struggle for things to buy my 7 year old.

Posters of the team photo for his room, Hibs bedding, or a light shade would be things that I'd happily buy.

@hibs.net private member hibbybob's Avatar
    There have been a few comments re the lack of Hibs Tartan scarves on this forum over the last few years.

I'm sure they'd be a big seller if stocked.

@hibs.net private member Devonhibs's Avatar
    I would certainly echo Edina in wanting to buy a Hibs crested duvet set, cotton mind, none of that polyester crap - too itchy and creates static electricity when you move, if you know what I mean
    "Home advantage gives you an advantage" Sir Bobby Robson

I also think we're missing an opportunity by not offering to frame share / HSL certificates.

Hibs Tartan Scarfs. I could garuantee they would be a big seller!!

A thread on here every few months of people wanting to buy some!

EDIT: Didn't see the above post, just hit reply as soon as I saw suggestions for items in the club store!

First Team Breakthrough Coults1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There have been a few comments re the lack of Hibs Tartan scarves on this forum over the last few years.

This! I've been trying to get one for ages

First Team Breakthrough green viper's Avatar

hibs shop merchandise

Hibs watches in the style of the ice watches would make a great present for birthdays and Xmas

Merino wool V neck jumper with the Hibs crest.
    Classic style.

Hibs bedding, light shades etc.
    More full size posters etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the mild mannered janitor Last Minute's Avatar

They would sell. Had lots of mates ask me where they can buy them.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar

Good news on these that they are already in the pipeline!

Sleeveless jumper with a subtle h or persevere ship etc so it can be worn at golf clubs. Also similar kids tee shirts as a lot of schools have banned football strips so something they could get away with for p.e lessons

Left by mutual consent!
    A range of mid-priced decent quality clothing where the logo is subtle and not in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Edina Erin View Post
    After strips and trainingwear, I struggle for things to buy my 7 year old.

Posters of the team photo for his room, Hibs bedding, or a light shade would be things that I'd happily buy.
    This. My son would love his room kited out in hibs stuff but the shop doesn't do it.

How about 140th Anniversary
    Metal badge " Retro style "
    Harp 1875-2015.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Full Team, Individual players and Stadium jigsaws.

Personalised signed and framed player photographs.

Birthday - To Argylehibby, Happy Birthday, I hope you have a great day [Player Autograph].
    Christmas - To Argylehibby, Merry Christmas, have a fantastic day. Best Wishes [Player Autograph].
    Father's Day - To Argylehibby, Happy Father's Day, I hope you have a great day [Player Autograph].

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Hibs bedding, light shades etc.
    More full size posters etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The full sized posters are a good idea ... I would imagine lots of kids would like a full size picture of the team for their bedroom wall, I cant ever remember seeing any in the shop.

I know I bang on about this, and its not a new product, ..... but would someone at Hibs please tell whoever does the photos for the calendar to please, please, try to take action pictures of the players with spectators in the background.

Hibs 2015 calendar:

Jan ...... Oxley, with a green exit door. Pernetreou, 4 people and a fence.
    Feb ...... Craig, a white wall. Fontaine, green seats with not a fan to be seen.
    Mar ...... Stevenson and Robertson, both pictures have some fans ... yahoo!
    April ..... McGeouch, more empty green seats. Heffernan, one steward and another exit door.
    May ...... Kennedy, loads of fans ( hearts fans !! ) Sinclair, possibly 5 blurry Hibs fans.
    June ..... Hanlon, 2 blurry fans and another white wall. Booth, 2 blurry objects, looks like it was taken in a public park.
    July ...... Stubs ..... fair enough, you don't need crowd shots for the manager.
    Aug ...... Forster, a breeze block wall. L Allan, 3 fans.
    Sept ..... El Alagui, the side wall of a stand. Cummings, that picture 'was' taken in a public park.
    Oct ....... S Allan, another white wall. Gray, 5 fans and a bored looking ball boy.
    Nov ...... Harris, nearly a crowd shot, ya beezer. Malonga, an actual honest to goodness crowd shot that actually says, professional footballer.
    Dec ...... Stanton, you could take a similar picture of a Gala Fairydean player at Netherdale. Handling, another decent crowd shot, of more Hearts fans.

To be blunt, its simply amateurish and not bloody good enough. The club ( I presume ) pay through the nose to have a photography business with thousands of pounds worth of equipment take these pictures. Surely to goodness they could take snaps that make it look like the players involved play for a professional football club with crowds who watch them. It does ma nut in every bloody year !!!

Thought about this a while back.
    I assume it would need to be 'cleared' with the brand owner, perhaps them getting their 'cut'.
    I would like to see Hibernian Top Trumps.
    I think it is 40 cards in a pack.
    So 10 from post war up to '59. 10 from 60's/70's. 10 from 80's/90's and 10 from 2000's
    Not sure but i think there are 6 categories, so could have 1-appearances. 2- Goals. 3-International caps. 4 - speed, height,skill or strength (or some 'physical attribute). 5. Overall rating (as a %). 6 - Hibbee cult or legend status (again as a %).
    Perhaps There could be 50 nominated for each era and an online vote taken to see which 10 get selected from each era.
    Of course they should be sold at Seven pounds - Zero pence.

On a retro / classic tip....

White ts with classic black and white shots of Hibernian legends / moments....Stanton lifting the league cup....see my avatar...lol....Reilly, Ormond, Mixu doing the highland jig 6-2.......the shot of Rob Jones after scoring in the final under the snow....

Classic pics also....for inspiration here go to the Hibs pix webpage they have some great stuff.

GGTTH

First Team Breakthrough Green Cabbage 7's Avatar
    How about selling footie boots and trainers, or having a boot corner in the shop!

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    I was actually thinking today, after noticing someone in my office with an Arsenal one, that I wouldn't mind a Hibs lanyard.

First Team Breakthrough Green Cabbage 7's Avatar
    Oh for the ladies, bags belts, etc...

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Good quality white round neck t shirts, (not fruit of the loom crap quality) with a smaller badge in white. No sponsors logo splashed over it please.

They will never go out of fashion and will always sell EVERY season, surely just a case of ordering more when they run out?

And the same in polo shirts, but they have to be better quality than the polyester rubbish we currently sell. I used to spend lots almost every time i went in, couldnt find one item i would wear the other week.

Some Erin Go Bragh merchandise.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    I was actually thinking today, after noticing someone in my office with an Arsenal one, that I wouldn't mind a Hibs lanyard.
    I've already got one of those, I got it from the shop a few years ago. I couldn't tell you if they still sell them though.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    Some Erin Go Bragh merchandise.
    I'm sure you will find stuff like that in the fai shop ;)

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Good quality white round neck t shirts, (not fruit of the loom crap quality) with a smaller badge in white. No sponsors logo splashed over it please.

They will never go out of fashion and will always sell EVERY season, surely just a case of ordering more when they run out?

And the same in polo shirts, but they have to be better quality than the polyester rubbish we currently sell. I used to spend lots almost every time i went in, couldnt find one item i would wear the other week.
    Totally agree BH it may be an idea to protect polos etc from the sponsorship contract as things like that will only sell if they are good quality.

Not exactly Hibs but Peoples Republic Of Leith T-shirts would be popular.

Not the ***** you can buy from some shops in Leith Walk or on eBay - the old originals.

I still have one from way back but it's seen better days - in more ways than one!!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I thought the HFC Original line was quite good.

A line of ltd edition t shirts along those lines would be good, like the Sproule one that ripped off Superdry. A good way of celebrating memorable moments or cult figures.