hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2015 US Open

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Murray not happy

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    He isn't going to keep coming back from 2 sets down.

Quote Originally Posted by deano88 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Murray not happy
    Certainly was not. Quick thinking by Sky to pull the cameras away before things got too extreme!

Anderson breaks at the start of the third set.

Looks like this will be a straight sets job.

Murray breaks back, come on!

This is like pulling teeth. One break back for Murray

Murray breaks again to go 3-1 up!

Murray takes the third set on a tie break. I was hoping to be in my bed by now!

Just 5pm here but I suspect a bottle will be opened shortly. What a horrible game which seems to involve every lucky break going against Murray and an opponent who is managing to hit every first serve in hard and fast.

Murray had that little net drop in the tie break which might signal a turn of fortune.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I'm going to be totally knackered at work today!! Just can't go to bed till the end of the match and think it could go all the way. I'm up at 6😴😴😴

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Baws. Night night!!

Anderson wins in four sets.

Good luck to him but Murray will be really disappointed with his performance.

Bed time for me, up in 6 hours!

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Anderson wins in four sets.

Good luck to him but Murray will be really disappointed with his performance.

Bed time for me, up in 6 hours!
    Anderson will get wiped in his next game like Fognini did after beating Nadal. I really hope Wawrinka beats him or Federer will sail through to the final.

Djokovic vs Tsonga and Federer vs Wawrinka are the best match ups I can hope for on Friday. I'll be backing Tsonga and Wawrinka.

Saw Murray's post match interview and he seemed very disappointed but acknowledge that Anderson served very well and was tough to play against tonight. It seems like he faced this guy on a night when he played extremely well and had the luck run for him.

I would have loved to see Andy in the semifinal but will for sure see him at Indian Wells next year where we can attend more tournament days.

Murray is still a legend in my eyes for winning Wimbledon, Olympic Gold and the US Open. Plus he is a Hibs fan!

Have a nice rest Andy and get even better!

He has had a good year after injury last year. We are lucky to have him.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    i wonder if World Tennis will be dominated by 6'9" giants in years to come? These guys must have a massive advantage when it comes to the serve and it will undoubtedly help to mask other aspects of the game where they may not be so good.

Tsonga beat by Cilic.

Big hurdle cleared last night by Serena Williams as she beat her sister Venus in three sets and her goal of a calendar year Grand Slam is still on course.

I can't see her losing to Roberta Vinci in the semis and then she'll likely play either Simona Halep or Victoria Azarenka in the final and they are currently playing just now with the match looking like it will possibly go to one set all, although Halep has just broken back and she is serving at 4-5 in the second set and is a set up.

The winner of that one plays Flavia Pennetta in the last four.

Roger Federer takes on Richard Gasquet a little later on for a men's semi final place.

Cracking semi final in prospect as Roger Federer plays Stan Wawrinka tomorrow. In the other semi Novak Djokovic plays last year's champion Marin Cilic.

I'm hoping for a Federer win but I think Djokovic will win the tournament. Federer has been in top form so far though. I watched a bit of his match against Richard Gasquet last night and he was immense.

You really wouldn't think that he's coming to the end of his career if you watch him play right now. He's still easily the second best player in the world and whilst he obviously won't win every match he plays, I would still back him to win pretty much every match he plays except against Djokovic.

The women's semis are played later on tonight however bad weather is expected in New York later on so there's a chance those matches may be delayed or even postponed.

Cracking semi final in prospect as Roger Federer plays Stan Wawrinka tomorrow. In the other semi Novak Djokovic plays last year's champion Marin Cilic.

I'm hoping for a Federer win but I think Djokovic will win the tournament. Federer has been in top form so far though. I watched a bit of his match against Richard Gasquet last night and he was immense.

You really wouldn't think that he's coming to the end of his career if you watch him play right now. He's still easily the second best player in the world and whilst he obviously won't win every match he plays, I would still back him to win pretty much every match he plays except against Djokovic.

The women's semis are played later on tonight however bad weather is expected in New York later on so there's a chance those matches may be delayed or even postponed.
    We are most looking forward to watching Wawrinka against Federer and hope Stan plays really well since like you pointed out Roger is playing great. Men's semis have been pushed back a couple of hours due to the rain delay rescheduling the ladies semis to this morning. We can still use our tickets for general admission at 11AM EST but we won't get into Arthur Ashe Stadium until the ladies are done. At least the rain has stopped.

The calendar year Grand Slam dream is all over for Serena Williams as Roberta Vinci comes from behind to reach the final.

It will be an all Italian final tomorrow as Vinci plays Flavia Pennetta.

Looks like Novak Djokovic will be getting a pretty easy passage into the final. He won the first set against Marin Cilic 6-0 although it's 1-1 in the second set.

Djokovic demolishes Cilic 6-0 6-1 6-2.

Hopefully the second semi between Roger Federer and Stan Wawrinka will be slightly more competitive.

Djokovic demolishes Cilic 6-0 6-1 6-2.

Hopefully the second semi between Roger Federer and Stan Wawrinka will be slightly more competitive.
    Unfortunately it was another whitewash.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    Unfortunately it was another whitewash.
    Couldn't stay up for much of it, only caught a few games in the first set before going to bed.

I gather that Federer was immense though and I really hope that tomorrow's final is a classic.

As acceptance speeches go, Flavia Pennetta's was up there as one of the best!

She beat Roberta Vinci 7-6 6-2 to win her first Grand Slam title and afterwards, when she was thanking her team and the organisers etc, she announced to the world that she was retiring from tennis with immediate effect!

Good luck to her, it's a good way to bow out.

Really looking forward to tonight's men's final with the greatest of all time up against the world number one. It has the potential to be a classic.

Hope it goes to five sets, head says Djokovic but hoping for a Federer win. He's certainly playing some of the best tennis of his career right now.

It starts shortly on Sky Sports 1 for anyone who's interested.

Really looking forward to tonight's men's final with the greatest of all time up against the world number one. It has the potential to be a classic.

Hope it goes to five sets, head says Djokovic but hoping for a Federer win. He's certainly playing some of the best tennis of his career right now.

It starts shortly on Sky Sports 1 for anyone who's interested.
    Or maybe not.

It's raining in New York just now and it's possibly going to last for around an hour and a half.

That could mean the match lasts until early morning UK time.

Still no play at the US Open final.

I don't think I'm going to be able to watch this.

First set to Djokovic, 6-4.

Off to bed now, I'm going to record it and try to avoid the score all day and then watch it when I come in from work. I'll see how that works out!

I think Djokovic will win in straight sets now.