hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062

Moaning/Grumping/Bitching Threads

Jeezo how many folk on here find the slightest thing to bitch an grump about anything Hibs...so what if we only won with an Own Goal last night..the aim before the game was to get through...job done.
    Is Alan Stubbs the right man for the job.....seriously......if not who's gonna do better....oh and now let folk start bitching about style of play etc or that the tasche is still in the building.

Let's get behind the Club as a whole..from the Pitch to the Board.

Tin hat is on 👷⚽

2. Log in to remove the advert

I went to a game once and Hibs conceded a goal!!! I mean WTF?? Absolute disgrace!

Inquest needed!

@hibs.net private member
    The slightest thing? We're in the second tier, the person who I hold most responsible is still here (even if it's claimed he doesn't do anything now hmmm). People are also entitled to ask if the manager is the right man. He failed to get us promoted last season and hasn't started well this season.

If you're happy spending the foreseeable in the second tier and watching terrible football, then carry on but people are entitled to be ***** off about it.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    If we are beating Stranraer 1-0 with the help of an own goal then something isn't right.

That is exactly the problem, we shouldn't be settling for that. We should be pushing for results. Arbroath came to Easter raps in the cup and were humped 9-0, Gretna 6-0, Brechin City 4-0, Peterhead 6-0 again, what has changed about these teams that make them so difficult for us to break down?

My concern is what everyone seems to be saying who was at the game last night: pedestrian, no tempo, no pace.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto7062 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jeezo how many folk on here find the slightest thing to bitch an grump about anything Hibs...so what if we only won with an Own Goal last night..the aim before the game was to get through...job done.
    Is Alan Stubbs the right man for the job.....seriously......if not who's gonna do better....oh and now let folk start bitching about style of play etc or that the tasche is still in the building.

Tin hat is on ⚽

If you think Hibs.net is awash with moaning/grumping and bitching you should have a deek at Kerrydale Street.

The lesser greens have ten threads slaughtering everyone . Board, Lawwell, Ronnie Deila, players, other supporters because they got beat by a wee diddy club like Malmo and don't get to play with the big boys this season.

Don't get me going on the pitch... The last time we won the league we had a slope. Why did we change a good thing?!??? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    If we are beating Stranraer 1-0 with the help of an own goal then something isn't right.

That is exactly the problem, we shouldn't be settling for that. We should be pushing for results. Arbroath came to Easter raps in the cup and were humped 9-0, Gretna 6-0, Brechin City 4-0, Peterhead 6-0 again, what has changed about these teams that make them so difficult for us to break down?

My concern is what everyone seems to be saying who was at the game last night: pedestrian, no tempo, no pace.
    Correct, we're tippy tappying the ball about in our own half trying to probe for openings as if we're Barca trying to break down a stubborn Milan defence. We should be flying at them for 90 minutes and not giving their almost perfect line of 4 at the back no time to regroup while they happily watch us playing in front of them, it's so slow predictable and boring and folk wonder why we complain... jeez.

so what if we only won with an Own Goal last night..the aim before the game was to get through...job done.
    While I agree we should get behind the team the above thinking worries me.

Screw disrespect - we should be thumping teams like Stranraer.
    What actually happens is we struggle to even score two goals against most of them.

This is source of major concern as the only way we'll keep pace with sevco is by establishing a bit of fear - teams in this division should be leaving Easter Road with no points but relieved that they kept the scoreline respectable.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    It's a discussion forum, so there will be a range of views. We're in the Championship and we haven't started well again, so of course there will be fans having a moan. I don't see anything wrong with that; in fact I'd be worried if such concerns weren't being expressed.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Coaching Staff

Tin hat is on ⚽
    It won't go away.

You should have been here when we had a two week long thread of complaints after we won 1-0 away to Partick Thistle because it wasn't done in the style of the Brazil 1970 team or when we won 3-0 at home to St Johnstone under Hughes when if we hadn't defended well and Stokes hadn't scored two we might have been at risk of not winning the game.

Blog Entries
    I'm neither defending or criticizing Stubbs, but, with the quality of squad we have compaired to Stranraer, we should be able to send any eleven guys on to the pitch with instructions to organise themselves and just see them off without much trouble.

Tin hat is on 👷⚽
    If I hear "get behind the club" one more time I'll burn the place to the ground. Thousands of dedicated Hibs fan have backed Hibs all through the bad times and still do (myself included) we have a loyal fan base who deserve better. I'm sick to death of this it's the same line trotted out the past 8 years.

How about we just tell it how it is and we have been ***** in a ***** league. Time we stopped being as soft as the players and opened our eyes to what is happening to Hibs!

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    If I hear "get behind the club" one more time I'll burn the place to the ground. Thousands of dedicated Hibs fan have backed Hibs all through the bad times and still do (myself included) we have a loyal fan base who deserve better. I'm sick to death of this it's the same line trotted out the past 8 years.

How about we just tell it how it is and we have been ***** in a ***** league. Time we stopped being as soft as the players and opened our eyes to what is happening to Hibs!

Watch it TC, the happy clapping brigade will be here soon to shoot you down.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Watch it TC, the happy clapping brigade will be here soon to shoot you down.
    Thing is mate, I praise the team when it's deserved so I'll criticise them when we don't. I don't give to ****s about anyone on here who thinks I or anyone else should shut up and expect it!

Hibs last night were a ****ing gang! They either sort it or lose more fans plain and simple! Attendances tell you everything. So people can be as positive as they like until we see improvement on the pitch them i say the threads about how we play and lack of effort is deserved.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    It's a discussion forum, so there will be a range of views. We're in the Championship and we haven't started well again, so of course there will be fans having a moan. I don't see anything wrong with that; in fact I'd be worried if such concerns weren't being expressed.
    I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Thing is mate, I praise the team when it's deserved so I'll criticise them when we don't. I don't give to ****s about anyone on here who thinks I or anyone else should shut up and expect it!

Hibs last night were a ****ing gang! They either sort it or lose more fans plain and simple! Attendances tell you everything. So people can be as positive as they like until we see improvement on the pitch them i say the threads about how we play and lack of effort is deserved.

I agree, I didn't go last night as I was working but because the start we've had and the who it was against I decided to keep on working. TBH The start so far has been very embarrassing, we seem to have no structure, pace or game plan. Players who were big players last year have got their new contracts and seem to have went beck to being bang average again, it better change soon because fans will again walk away.

Is it not possible to back the club ie by attending games, vocally backing the side whilst at games, defending the club when it's justified etc as I do without having to pretend everything is rosy in the garden?

There's ben a lot of good noises coming out of ER in the last year and a lot of justified praise but there's still problems, not least of all on the park, and I don't see what's gained by burying our head in the sand about that. Yes there are people who go overboard in their criticism or seem to revel in it but equally there are other who jump all over any criticism and don't want to hear it, I don't see that as being particularly helpful or enjoyable to read either.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Is it not possible to back the club ie by attending games, vocally backing the side whilst at games, defending the club when it's justified etc as I do without having to pretend everything is rosy in the garden?

There's ben a lot of good noises coming out of ER in the last year and a lot of justified praise but there's still problems, not least of all on the park, and I don't see what's gained by burying our head in the sand about that. Yes there are people who go overboard in their criticism or seem to revel in it but equally there are other who jump all over any criticism and don't want to hear it, I don't see that as being particularly helpful or enjoyable to read either.
    Great post!

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

Fully agree.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

What annoys me most is threads bitching about other people starting bitchy threads.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    What annoys me most is threads bitching about other people starting bitchy threads.
    Rotten post, I'm going to start a thread about it.

First Team Breakthrough
    [QUOTE=Pretty Boy;4452978]Is it not possible to back the club ie by attending games, vocally backing the side whilst at games, defending the club when it's justified etc as I do without having to pretend everything is rosy in the garden?

There's ben a lot of good noises coming out of ER in the last year and a lot of justified praise but there's still problems, not least of all on the park, and I don't see what's gained by burying our head in the sand about that. Yes there are people who go overboard in their criticism or seem to revel in it but equally there are other who jump all over any criticism and don't want to hear it, I don't see that as being particularly helpful or enjoyable to read either.[/QUOTE

Agree totally How many players told us preseason that they were ready to come flying out the traps and do a hearts . Flying is the exact opposite of what they are doing playing at a pace that has you staring into the middle distance after 55-60 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I agree, I didn't go last night as I was working but because the start we've had and the who it was against I decided to keep on working. TBH The start so far has been very embarrassing, we seem to have no structure, pace or game plan. Players who were big players last year have got their new contracts and seem to have went beck to being bang average again, it better change soon because fans will again walk away.
    Yip and there are other guys like yourself mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Rotten post, I'm going to start a thread about it.

Can I just say, that's an absolutely rubbish response. I'm totally sick of the poor standard of responses on this site

Another new thread, methinks....

I agree with a lot you have written but uv got to admit there are some on here who are constantly negative, and nowhere to be seen if things are going well? Its pretty constant. I dont think anyone has an issue with posters who post critisism when its due or likewise positivity?

I have to say i dont see that many posters constantly posting unrealistic positivity?? However i do read a lot of the opposite?

I work in an office and there's an ugly fat bitch with long grey hair that sits there all day being fat and repulsive.....and she's a jambo that's never been to a game in her fat life as she wouldn't make it through the turnstiles and would no doubt demolish their main stand if she sat down

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    If you think Hibs.net is awash with moaning/grumping and bitching you should have a deek at Kerrydale Street.

The lesser greens have ten threads slaughtering everyone . Board, Lawwell, Ronnie Deila, players, other supporters because they got beat by a wee diddy club like Malmo and don't get to play with the big boys this season.
    As I've posted a few times before, Hibs supporters are really no different in this regard from football supporters generally. They are happy when their team is doing well, and they are unhappy when it's not. It's quite simple really.

There's one thing I've noticed though, and that's this... There are some Hibs supporters always ready to start threads moaning about their fellow supporters. Folk who have supported this club through thick and thin, for 50 years, or 5 months, are entitled to their opinions (within the forum rules) both good and bad.

That's not unreasonable is it?

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: Wiid

Tin hat is on 👷⚽
    I am The walrus - I will be that martyr.

Coaching Staff
    There appears to be a certain mind set among some of our supporters, that if you dare criticise the club /team your being negative, people really have to understand that constructive criticism can be beneficial and therefore POSITIVE.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

Yes but they got dumped outta the CL this week - and getting to the group stage was one of their biggest targets for the season.

We won, albeit with an unimpressive performance.