hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Player ratings v Sevco.

Based on what I saw on the telly .. so happy to get a kicking from those who were there

Oxley ............. 6 ....... forgetting the goal I thought he actually played well and pulled off one brilliant save.

Stevenson ..... 5 ..... offered very little today in defence or attack.

Fontaine ....... 6 ...... Dealt pretty well with the Sevco front line, didn't do much wrong.

Hanlon ......... 7 ....... I thought he was excellent defensively, let down a bit by his distribution.

Gray ............ 5 ..... got skinned a couple of times because he dived in and is becoming worryingly injury prone.

Fyvie ............5 ..... rarely involved and had little influence on the game.

McGinn ........ 7 ...... up for it and did his best to up Hibs tempo ... has done little wrong this season.

Henderson ... 5 ..... he did some nice things, but didn't do much to hurt them in the final 3rd and young or not I would expect a Sunday league player to test the keeper from at least one of the two chances he had.

Carmichael .... 5 .... Had little impact .... I seriously hope he is not fit, because so far he has been pretty average compared to what I thought we were getting.

Boyle ..... 6 ...... after a slow start I thought he did pretty well, doing his best to turn their defence.

Cummings .... 6 .... some of his movement was very good, but I have to say someone should tell him that he cant hit a decent free kick, from 25 yards if you cant get the ball within 10 feet of the goals get someone who can to take them.

SUBS:

McGeough ..... 5 ..... I'm sure he doesn't want to be a right back.

Malonga .... 4 .... not an impact player, though I thought he was ok.

Stanton ..... 3 .... no chance to get into the game.

Stubbs .......... If we hadn't been so profligate in front of goal we would be saying he got his tactics spot on.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Stanton would have scored both Henderson chances IMO.

Henderson sadly is the obvious one today. Two chances and not hit the target with either. Need to move and just put the next one away. Hopefully he keeps improving. Minus the finishing today we have a good squad just need to be a lot more ruthless. I felt the longer the game went on we were going to Nick it

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tbf to Henderson, he was blowing out his erse after an hour.

It's no really a surprise that someone who hadn't played a competitive 90 minutes since June was going to struggle to stay the course. Then add the heat to that. I cannot workout for the life of me how it took Stubbs to the 88th minute to sub him.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    I thought Henderson was immense for 60 minutes today then fitness caught up with him. Cummings' pass to Henderson for his 1st chance ruined the move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tbf to Henderson, he was blowing out his erse after an hour.

It's no really a surprise that someone who hadn't played a competitive 90 minutes since June was going to struggle to stay the course. Then add the heat to that. I cannot workout for the life of me how it took Stubbs to the 88th minute to sub him.
    Yep he looked knackered. Showed more than enough to suggest he will be a very good player for us.

@hibs.net private member
    Henderson was our best player for most of the game. He missed two great chances but he was superb otherwise.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Henderson was our best player for most of the game. He missed two great chances but he was superb otherwise.
    Agree with this.

Also thought Cummings played with a maturity I had not seen before......he can't be expected to do it all himself, in fairness to him

He's still improving though

Certainly gave us a bit of dig in midfield, and gave McGinn it both barrels after an over hit pass
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

First Team Breakthrough
    Fyvie has yet to start the season for me. Rated 5s every week and best described as innefective...

swap for dylan from here on in please.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Stevenson ..... 5 ..... offered very little today in defence or attack

Henderson ... 5 ..... he did some nice things, but didn't do much to hurt them in the final 3rd and young or not I would expect a Sunday league player to test the keeper from at least one of the two chances he had.

Carmichael .... 5 .... Had little impact .... I seriously hope he is not fit, because so far he has been pretty average compared to what I thought we were getting
    Stevenson done everything expected of him today which was to be a left back. Today wasn't a day for our full backs to be bombing forward.

I thought Fyvie had a great 1st half, went missing alongside most of our midfield in the 2nd.

Can't believe you have given Henderson and Carmichael the same rating. Henderson was superb for an hour then should have been replaced as he was blowing out his arse.
    Last edited by BoomtownHibees; 23-08-2015 at 09:32 PM.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Yes I thought so to

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Certainly gave us a bit of dig in midfield, and gave McGinn it both barrels after an over hit pass
    I noticed that as well. Thought it was quite good to see to be honest.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FromTheCapital View Post
    I thought Henderson was immense for 60 minutes today then fitness caught up with him. Cummings' pass to Henderson for his 1st chance ruined the move.

Read this a few times ? Cummings pass was perfect imo . Henderson ran the show for 60 mins . Mcgeuch should have replaced him imo .

GGTTH
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Read this a few times ? Cummings pass was perfect imo . Henderson ran the show for 60 mins . Mcgeuch should have replaced him imo .

GGTTH
    Disagree mate. Pass was far too flat which made the chance a lot harder. Anything in front of Henderson and it's a certain goal. Positives to take from today though.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post

GGTTH
    It wasn't the best of passes. He should have delayed it as well to commit the defender.

Henderson still should be doing a lot better with the finish though

From what I seen, Henderson was our best player today, it's nice to see someone who isn't afraid to take a man on

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post
    Stanton would have scored both Henderson chances IMO.
    What's that based on?

Thought McGinn was superb needs to stay on his feet at times though but passing and energy very good.

Based on what I saw on the telly .. so happy to get a kicking from those who were there

Oxley ............. 6 ....... forgetting the goal I thought he actually played well and pulled off one brilliant save.

Fontaine ....... 6 ...... Dealt pretty well with the Sevco front line, didn't do much wrong.

Hanlon ......... 7 ....... I thought he was excellent defensively, let down a bit by his distribution.

Gray ............ 5 ..... got skinned a couple of times because he dived in and is becoming worryingly injury prone.

McGinn ........ 7 ...... up for it and did his best to up Hibs tempo ... has done little wrong this season.

Carmichael .... 5 .... Had little impact .... I seriously hope he is not fit, because so far he has been pretty average compared to what I thought we were getting.

Boyle ..... 6 ...... after a slow start I thought he did pretty well, doing his best to turn their defence.

Cummings .... 6 .... some of his movement was very good, but I have to say someone should tell him that he cant hit a decent free kick, from 25 yards if you cant get the ball within 10 feet of the goals get someone who can to take them.

SUBS:

Stubbs .......... If we hadn't been so profligate in front of goal we would be saying he got his tactics spot on.
    Your having a laugh re Stevenson, in 1st half especially he was our best defender, as already stated this was not a game he was going to get forward as much but still put in some decent balls and kept their full back quiet for most of the game, could have done with a bit more support from Carmichael in second half, only my opinion of course

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Stevenson done everything expected of him today which was to be a right back. Today wasn't a day for our full backs to be bombing forward.

I thought Fyvie had a great 1st half, went missing alongside most of our midfield in the 2nd.

Can't believe you have given Henderson and Carmichael the same rating. Henderson was superb for an hour then should have been replaced as he was blowing out his arse.
    Like the time he took a free-kick on the halfway line. Dithered, dallied and dithered again, then passed it 5 yards sideways to Fontaine?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    Like the time he took a free-kick on the halfway line. Dithered, dallied and dithered again, then passed it 5 yards sideways to Fontaine?
    What did you want him to do with it?

Don't remember the one little thing that you have picked up on however if that's the only fault in his game today then he's done ok

@hibs.net private member
    That's what your picking on Stevenson for ?? Is he such a hate figure for you that you pick up on nuances on his game - do you ignore the time and time again he was stopping their full back and their wide men getting any real dangerous crosses in from the right hand side today - and the time he got a foot in to stop a shot at goal from about 6 yards out ? after a shaky start to the season, he had a decent game today

Coaching Staff

SUBS:

Carmichael. What happens to decent wingers when we sign them? We seem to turn them into slow players who do little except pass the ball back and inside. Get flying past people on the outside!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Carmichael. What happens to decent wingers when we sign them? We seem to turn them into slow players who do little except pass the ball back and inside. Get flying past people on the outside!
    Play him on the right then, that's where he plays

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Play him on the right then, that's where he plays
    We'd need to play Boyle on the left in that case, or at least swap them during games.

Actually, thinking of Boyle's attempt when their keeper passed him the ball, maybe there is a case for Boyle on the left and cutting in to shoot with his right.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    We'd need to play Boyle on the left in that case, or at least swap them during games.

Actually, thinking of Boyle's attempt when their keeper passed him the ball, maybe there is a case for Boyle on the left and cutting in to shoot with his right.
    10/10. Can't see why this isn't obvious to AS, Carmichael is cutting in all the time and Boyle has the pace and quick feet to cut in and get a shot away.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post

So why did we sign 2 right sides wingers?

I felt overall it was a decent performance. Left side with carMichael and Stevenson was a little less involved. I certainly feel our midfield did well overall but wasn't too convinced by malongas addition wasn't the impact player that we needed at that stage and certainly misplaced a few passes. We defiantly need a few additions up front and defensively!

Watching on a screen only but, to me, Stevenson had a really good game.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh my god. Stubbs should have subbed him right away!!!