hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Jim Duffy Watch

Jim Duffy Watch

Had much entertainment today keeping an eye on Duff Jimmy in the away technical area, he was jesticulating away like John McCrirrick and at times pretending to be a human windmill or somehow trying to recreate his legendary hellicopter arrival of yesteryear. I thought the man waa going to have a heart attack before the game was out, shame his players seemed to ignore his five star Festival performance!

Considering the damage he did to Hibs he gets away pretty lightly on his ER returns!

As my match attending chum, and erstwhile former member of this forum Filled Rolls stated, "well at least he is putting on a good performance to convince his chairman he knows what he is doing!"

Enjoyed the game today and the Fringe side show that was Duff Jimmy!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Watched far too much of him when he was manager - absolute roaster of a man

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watched far too much of him when he was manager - absolute roaster of a man
    I don't think he's a roaster, he was just a terrible Hibs Manager

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Still can't get a win at Easter Road

Get back in your helicopter duff Jim

Ggtth

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Still can't get a win at Easter Road

Get back in your helicopter duff Jim

Ggtth
    He had them reasonably well organised but with no goal threat they'll struggle this season - no matter how much he gesticulates

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I don't think he's a roaster, he was just a terrible Hibs Manager
    He's both for me Billy

Jim Duffy GTF.

Quote Originally Posted by E10 Rifle View Post
    He had them reasonably well organised but with no goal threat they'll struggle this season - no matter how much he gesticulates
    My take on it as well.

Morton surprised me by being half decent. They were disciplined and organised, pressed us high up the park and created a few decent chances.

Duffy looked quite 'old school' with all the ranting, raving, kicking water bottles and whatever else though. I think the days of players responding to that are long gone.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Looked very dapper in the shiny suit and the " Harry Hill" shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    Looked very dapper in the shiny suit and the " Harry Hill" shirt.
    Sure I heard him shout "just gie the ****** baw tae Charnley" at one point...

Spent the whole game shouting at his players to push up but never seemed to give individual instructions.

For all the criticism , his Hibs team played some good football , certainly better than anything we`ve had since our golden age players left . Tried to make too many changes in too short a time after inheriting a terrible team ( a very similar situation to Fenlon inheriting a mess mid season , signing lots of players quickly and nearly leading to relegation ) . In Fenlon`s case he had us nearly at the top of the SPL at Christmas and progressing ( that`s all been debated before so not meaning to start another thread on Pat ) . In Duffy`s time , I remember some good football ( was Paul Hartley not a success for example ? ) and it`s a pity it didn`t work out . He`s certainly a very experienced manager and would think he could probably do us a good job as part of a managerial team or Director of Football in the future .

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Duffy's first mistake was thinking he had to bring in a Hibbie as his assistant, so instead of John McCormack with whom he'd had a successful partnership at Dundee he got Jackie Mac away from running his pub to be his no.2. No disrespect to Jackie but he'd been out of the game for some time and Duffy needed a better foil. Regarding Hartley, pretty certain he was a McLeish signing. Duffy signed some good players such as Crawford and, to a lesser extent Rougier, but plenty duffers: Tosh, Power, Oli the goalie, Larusson, Boco (lovely guy, but past it). He did however empty Wilkins for which he should be applauded!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Jim Duffy watch - isn't that what Mickey Mouse wears?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    Duffy's first mistake was thinking he had to bring in a Hibbie as his assistant, so instead of John McCormack with whom he'd had a successful partnership at Dundee he got Jackie Mac away from running his pub to be his no.2. No disrespect to Jackie but he'd been out of the game for some time and Duffy needed a better foil. Regarding Hartley, pretty certain he was a McLeish signing. Duffy signed some good players such as Crawford and, to a lesser extent Rougier, but plenty duffers: Tosh, Power, Oli the goalie, Larusson, Boco (lovely guy, but past it). He did however empty Wilkins for which he should be applauded!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Plus Elliot and McQuilken who will never be forgotten....

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    For all the criticism , his Hibs team played some good football , certainly better than anything we`ve had since our golden age players left . Tried to make too many changes in too short a time after inheriting a terrible team ( a very similar situation to Fenlon inheriting a mess mid season , signing lots of players quickly and nearly leading to relegation ) . In Fenlon`s case he had us nearly at the top of the SPL at Christmas and progressing ( that`s all been debated before so not meaning to start another thread on Pat ) . In Duffy`s time , I remember some good football ( was Paul Hartley not a success for example ? ) and it`s a pity it didn`t work out . He`s certainly a very experienced manager and would think he could probably do us a good job as part of a managerial team or Director of Football in the future .
    Please tell me you are joking.

@hibs.net private member
    In Duffy`s time , I remember some good football ( was Paul Hartley not a success for example ? ) and it`s a pity it didn`t work out . He`s certainly a very experienced manager and would think he could probably do us a good job as part of a managerial team or Director of Football in the future .
    Are you for real?

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Getting back on topic. He was hilariously berating someone on the other side of the pitch quite early and quite what for. No clue. Possibly someone in midfield not closing down our central defenders - ignoring their forwards who werent doing it either

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Please tell me you are joking.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Are you for real?
    Both of the above. Jim Duffy - Director of Football.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Both of the above. Jim Duffy - Director of Football.
    Don't overlook his extremely successful spell as Director of Football at the PBS.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Duffy didn't inherit a terrible team, the good football (which lasted about 5 games) was not better than anything that we've seen since the Golden Generation, and he did not sign Paul Hartley.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    I prefer my Blancpain.