Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McGinn

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar

McGinn

Take a bow son!

Brilliant today. Drive and vision for a pass and looking to push forward

Motm in my opinion

2. Log in to remove the advert

Struggled a bit first half I thought then came to life the second. Good performance and looks a player.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    He can play, not the quickest but know how to play football and get forward. He will also score goals. No sure if he is fully fit which is great as he was good today.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Thats weird - i actually though his passing let him down massively today. No doubt the lad has talent but final pall was poor for me.

I wouldn't say brilliant. Showed bits here and there though and I think he will be a big player once fully fit.

I like the fact he's prepared to have a dig from distance, he'll improve imo, maybe trying a wee bit too hard to impress at times in the first half. I thought he had a good second half and was unlucky not too score.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    I agree that McGinn was MOTM. Liked the look of Henderson too and thought we had a better shape after the substitutions

@hibs.net private member
    Gave the ball away too much for my liking particularly in the first half. Looked lively and determined though and once he gets used to the players around him I think he will be an important player for us.

Surprised that Fyvie was given MOTM ahead of him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Motm in my opinion. Much better second half. Also loved his interaction and passion with the fans after the goal and following the game, going to be a fans favourite

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats weird - i actually though his passing let him down massively today. No doubt the lad has talent but final pall was poor for me.
    My thoughts as well. Decent player just trying to hard to please the fan's.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevesyb
    He was impressive today. For only being 20 years of age the guy looks a physical specimen!

He's also barely kicked a ball since April so the only way is up for his performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Struggled a bit first half I thought then came to life the second. Good performance and looks a player.
    He was a bit nervous in first half but you can see there is a decent layer in there and he was not afraid to shoot from distance as his confidence grew Think he will be important player for us once he fully settles in With him Boyle and Carmimichael all starting it was going to be difficult for them all to bed in and that contributed to sluggish first half

@hibs.net private member
    Think him & Hennderson will be a very strong CM then either Fyvie or Bartley sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Think him & Hennderson will be a very strong CM then either Fyvie or Bartley sitting.
    Its got to be fyvie for me. Bartley is a player we have needed for years. But he has arrived at the wrong time. There is one team in this league we need a holding midfielder against. Every other game we need some one who can create in there, not just break up

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    His corners were excellent as well.

We almost scored from a couple of them

Looks a great prospect. Very impressed with him today and as the game wore on you could see a great understanding developing between him and Fyvie.

Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    Its got to be fyvie for me. Bartley is a player we have needed for years. But he has arrived at the wrong time. There is one team in this league we need a holding midfielder against. Every other game we need some one who can create in there, not just break up
    Agree with this totally.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Good player who looks as though he enjoys playing the game.

A very promising start to his Hibs career and it was good to see him acknowledging the fans.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar

I disagree. If you are playing with full backs who are providing the bulk of the teams width, then you need a centre midfielder who can sit and provide cover and break up counter attacks against any team..

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Take a bow son!

Brilliant today. Drive and vision for a pass and looking to push forward

Motm in my opinion
    I thought Boyle was good and your dad agreed

@hibs.net private member
    Never afraid to take the ball even after an indifferent first half. He has obviously settled in well with his team mates and I liked the interaction with the East after our goal.

Unlike most of the people I spoke to I also like the look of Carmichael, tidy on the ball and relaxed a bit into the game as it wore on. I'm keen to see how he does for us this season, not sure where he fits into the team though as not an out and out wide player I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by EskbankHibby View Post
    Never afraid to take the ball even after an indifferent first half. He has obviously settled in well with his team mates and I liked the interaction with the East after our goal.

Unlike most of the people I spoke to I also like the look of Carmichael, tidy on the ball and relaxed a bit into the game as it wore on. I'm keen to see how he does for us this season, not sure where he fits into the team though as not an out and out wide player I don't think.
    Agree. He always wanted to cut inside rather than take the ball to the bye line and from what we saw today he's not blessed with any explosive speed. Early days though.

Quote Originally Posted by EskbankHibby View Post

I thought it was a nervy looking debut from Carmichael. Hopefully he will settle into it though.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Agree. He always wanted to cut inside rather than take the ball to the bye line and from what we saw today he's not blessed with any explosive speed. Early days though.
    That's what happens when a right footer is played on the left

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    That's what happens when a right footer is played on the left

Something also favoured by a succession of recent Hibs' Managers.

Left by mutual consent!
    He's my new F A V

Thought he drifted in and out of the game a bit today, but showed signs of being a very good Hibs player. Exciting prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    He was getting frustrated at team mates mot giving him.good options, think there is a good footballer there and look forwar to seeing more of him and McGinn and Henderson

Blog Entries
    I said exactly that weeks ago & was greeted with howls of derision!