hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

Does anyone REALLY know if McGeogh is signing? - (Signed. Confirmed by Hibs)

'Really', as in 'I have a source/contact' or 'I have just spoken to him' or 'I am Dylan' (stranger things have happened), and NOT as in 'I have no idea but I think he will' (which is all I have heard so far).

'Cos I am getting a bit worried...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by davidw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    'Really', as in 'I have a source/contact' or 'I have just spoken to him' or 'I am Dylan' (stranger things have happened), and NOT as in 'I have no idea but I think he will' (which is all I have heard so far).

don't worry be Happy .If Scoops says the Players think he is coming then he will ,unless he has an unscrupulous Agent who is just using us to flush out better offers from other clubs but I am confident we wouldn't of got ourselves into that situation .

I asked the same question on the giruy thread. Many appear convinced it's a done deal.....😕

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    don't worry be Happy .If Scoops says the Players think he is coming then he will ,unless he has an unscrupulous Agent who is just using us to flush out better offers from other clubs but I am confident we wouldn't of got ourselves into that situation .
    Quite right, R, nowadays you don't find 'big' clubs taking things for granted, only to end up with embarrassing egg on their chin.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    I am Dylan and I am just relaxing with a Sausage and Egg McMuffin the now, i'll decide later if Hibs manage to beat Morton.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Quite right, R, nowadays you don't find 'big' clubs taking things for granted, only to end up with embarrassing egg on their chin.
    And they ended up with a double Yoker on theirs Jim we on the other hand have handled the situation in a dignified professional manner and deserve to reap the rewards for all the work we have been doing quietly behind the scenes ,while any man and his dug with a loose Rangers connection was still bleating on about Scott Allan being denied his right to move to his boyhood heroes and play with his childhood pal . But in the end Money was a bigger Motivator .

Hibs could announce him at HT today. Although McGinn had signed I've not seen Hibs do that I can remember.
    No idea, just a thought

I think hibs just want to get their own publicity on this. The Henderson loan deal is well hidden amongst the Allan story

Sorry, I know this doesn't answer the original question but I'm not too fussed if he does sign. Dempster said the cash from SA would be used to strengthen the squad. I'm a fan of Dylan but I would rather we spent the cash on a centre half.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsmad View Post
    Sorry, I know this doesn't answer the original question but I'm not too fussed if he does sign. Dempster said the cash from SA would be used to strengthen the squad. I'm a fan of Dylan but I would rather we spent the cash on a centre half.
    A reckon we spent the cash already on Mcginn

As McGeouch didn't ask for a transfer presumably his agent is negotiating a pay off from Celtic.Hope he understands the Hibs support view on putting money before playing for Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    A reckon we spent the cash already on Mcginn
    You reckon wrong then

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    I am Dylan and I am just relaxing with a Sausage and Egg McMuffin the now, i'll decide later if Hibs manage to beat Morton.
    C'mon, Dylan, do the right thing - ie stop eating Sausage and Egg McMuffins, ffs: you're an athlete.

Oh, and sign as well, would you? We need you.

No ITK knowledge - more an observation. What options are really open to McGeouch?

If Celtic are valuing him at £400k is there anyone out there willing to pay even half that? So he is likely looking at another loan move for a year or he signs for us. At 22, hopefully he sees the need to settle somewhere and show his ability. 2 good seasons for us and he could get a decent move to England

Coaching Staff

A bit worried myself, BBC sport Scotland no longer mentioning McGeogh in conection with SA transfer only the Henderson loan.

Think this will be done over the w'end, and possibly announced on the Monday. Whether or not it's the length of contract or Hibs aren't convinced over his fitness these things can take a little longer as both parties want the best deal.

I still think though Hibs will get him and we shouldn't be worried about it.

He is signed, Hibs want the Scott Allan situation to blow over so the Mcgeouch deal gets it's own publicity, should be announced on Monday or Tuesday.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    He is signed, Hibs want the Scott Allan situation to blow over so the Mcgeouch deal gets it's own publicity, should be announced on Monday or Tuesday.
    Thats good news, thanks.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Think this will be done over the w'end, and possibly announced on the Monday. Whether or not it's the length of contract or Hibs aren't convinced over his fitness these things can take a little longer as both parties want the best deal.

I still think though Hibs will get him and we shouldn't be worried about it.
    Thats reassuring, must be my age, becoming a bit of a worrier

As far as I was concerned, the Mcgeough deal was seperate from the Allan transfer. People were putting 2 and 2 together. I expect he will sign this week though.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    How do you know this 'though? Are you Dylan in disguise? Everyone is saying it's happening, but no-one says how they know.

Maybe I just stop worrying so much and - to quote Twat Cameron - "chillax"....

Anyway, thanks for the replies.

How do you know this 'though? Are you Dylan in disguise? Everyone is saying it's happening, but no-one says how they know. Maybe I just stop worrying so much and - to quote Twat Cameron - "chillax".... Anyway, thanks for the replies.
    Folk do know this (they are itk). In time you will get to know who is itk and whose info is not far off the mark!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Folk do know this (they are itk). In time you will get to know who is itk and whose info is not far off the mark!
    I'm not new to this malarkey. I've followed the ITK discussions on other threads - but there seems to be a lot of disagreement about who is really ITK, who thinks they are ITK but aren't really, who are complete bullsh*ters, and who - like me - know nuffink.

Also - if the McGeogh deal is separate from the Allan deal, does that mean we have to give Septic their money back to buy him....?

I'm not new to this malarkey. I've followed the ITK discussions on other threads - but there seems to be a lot of disagreement about who is really ITK, who thinks they are ITK but aren't really, who are complete bullsh*ters, and who - like me - know nuffink. Also - if the McGeogh deal is separate from the Allan deal, does that mean we have to give Septic their money back to buy him....?
    Like I say give it time and you'll realise.

We won't need to give them any money back. The 275k is in the bag! If McGeouch doesn't sign then they'll give us what they think he's valued at to add to the 275k

He will sign!

First Team Breakthrough

We won't need to give them any money back. The 275k is in the bag! If McGeouch doesn't sign then they'll give us what they think he's valued at to add to the 275k

He will sign!
    Yeah, I was joking about giving them the money back.

Anyway, I like your style ("He will sign!"). I will now rest easy...

Cheers.

Yeah, I was joking about giving them the money back. Anyway, I like your style ("He will sign!"). I will now rest easy... Cheers.
    Btw I'm defo NOT itk!! ;-)

He will sign!
    Separating the fact we (I) want Dylan to sign, it would be equally hilarious for Celtic to have taken up the one year extension clause on DMc in order to negotiate the SA transfer, to then value him at circa £400k and DMc refusing to join us so Celtic have to give us the £400k in cash and have an unwanted player on board for another season!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    Separating the fact we (I) want Dylan to sign, it would be equally hilarious for Celtic to have taken up the one year extension clause on DMc in order to negotiate the SA transfer, to then value him at circa £400k and DMc refusing to join us so Celtic have to give us the £400k in cash and have an unwanted player on board for another season!
    Yeah there is that but Dylan would of been consulted I would of thought. Dylan will get his publicity on his own when he signs and rightly so.

I'm not new to this malarkey. I've followed the ITK discussions on other threads - but there seems to be a lot of disagreement about who is really ITK, who thinks they are ITK but aren't really, who are complete bullsh*ters, and who - like me - know nuffink.

Also - if the McGeogh deal is separate from the Allan deal, does that mean we have to give Septic their money back to buy him....?
    McGeogh and his advisor's will be working on a deal with Celtic to get some cash before he leaves. He signed a one year deal only about a month ago. I don't know his wage but say its 2k a week, that's 100k he would have earned in wages over the year. So he will probably be looking for a 50k pay off from Celtic before he can sign for the cabbage. That's not to say another club cant hijack the deal right enough and sign him.

Yeah there is that but Dylan would of been consulted I would of thought. Dylan will get his publicity on his own when he signs and rightly so.
    I think you're right, do find it strange that his registration wasnt pushed through quickly as he would have slotted into the squad for today very easily.
    However with two midfielders joining those playing today have every reason to perform to their best, as most have said there must be players leaving?