hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight's games

Tonight's games

Griffiths puts Celtc 1-0 up v Killie aftee a few mins. Killie goin down under a golden shower....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Griffiths puts Celtc 1-0 up v Killie aftee a few mins. Killie goin down under a golden shower....
    Live on BT Sport
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Pompey v Derby on Sky sports 1.

Anyone seen the camera angle at pompey? Right low down.
    Cougars!!!

No score at the Asbestos Arena, Gorgie, as yet.

1-0 Hertz

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You jinxed it!

Wouldn't be like Hearts to get a penalty eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    You jinxed it!
    Aye, penalty for the Gorgie gargoyles.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Aye, penalty for the Gorgie gargoyles.
    That's 3 in 3 games, last week's was given by Craig Thomson

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    1-0 Hertz
    Pains me to say it but they've done very well since relegation. Unless they're doing a Hamilton and just getting off to a flier before falling away, I can see them comfortably in the top 6 this season.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    That's 3 in 3 games, last week's was given by Craig Thomson
    The are fulfilling the Rangers' SPL penalty quota.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    3 penalties in 3 games, a first half pumping from Dundee but somehow only being 1-0 down at HT. They are unbelievable!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Pains me to say it but they've done very well since relegation. Unless they're doing a Hamilton and just getting off to a flier before falling away, I can see them comfortably in the top 6 this season.
    Champions League

How did Hammill not get booked for Killie - blatant, cynical hack at the Celtic player ? No wonder guys like him strut around the pitch as if they own it.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I notice they have changed their shape tonight and seem to have good strength in depth and balance to their team.

Another season that they have prepared well for.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Goal Killie, McGennis.1-1 Looks a very decent striker.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    How did Hammill not get booked for Killie - blatant, cynical hack at the Celtic player ? No wonder guys like him strut around the pitch as if they own it.
    I've got a fair chunk on Killie getting the first card as well, TV was almost out the window. Can't imagine a more text book yellow card than that.

No matter what happens, they always seem to come up smelling of roses, whilst we seem to lurch from one problem to the next. It's infuriating.

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    3 penalties in 3 games, a first half pumping from Dundee but somehow only being 1-0 down at HT. They are unbelievable!
    If they fell in to a barrel of *****, they would come out smelling of roses.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Goal Killie, McGennis.1-1 Looks a very decent striker.
    Obviously there is at least one SPL player who is quick and intelligent enough to play against Celtic (according to Collins!)

Coaching Staff
    No matter what happens, they always seem to come up smelling of roses, whilst we seem to lurch from one problem to the next. It's infuriating.
    Might be infuriating but their style of play means lots of goals. And for those who question the penalty ratio, take a look at the way Walker, Nicolson, King, etc are encouraged to drive into the area - thus forcing errors, tackles, defenders backing off. Soem you get some you don't but they make ref's think and they force a decision to be made.

Hibs on the other hand are dithery and square in the final third, often relying on the wingbacks (or crosses) who often fail on the delivery of the final ball.

Maybe if we had players who had the belief, drive and confidence to take the early part of games by the scruff, drive into the box, we would get the 'luck' that in my opinion Hearts earn - they deserve to be where they are. Their style of play, over a season, wins more games than they will ever lose and they can mix things up far better than Hibs. On a one off game we are more than a match - over a season we wouldn't come close.

One key thing they have - their young players know their jobs well and stick to their task. Ours quite often don't (in my view) - you see progress with them, with Alex, Sam and to an extent Danny, you see stagnating youth.........very sad and that for me is due to the mindset of the player, not Hibs. Our lads need to quickly develop swagger and arrogance. They look like they would physically and mentally collapse when the pressure is on - football is unforgiving and if the penny doesn't drop soon with them they will be journeymen before they have even hit 25.

2-1 to the Jungle Jims. Good finish.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Might be infuriating but their style of play means lots of goals. And for those who question the penalty ratio, take a look at the way Walker, Nicolson, King, etc are encouraged to drive into the area - thus forcing errors, tackles, defenders backing off. Soem you get some you don't but they make ref's think and they force a decision to be made.

Hibs on the other hand are dithery and square in the final third, often relying on the wingbacks (or crosses) who often fail on the delivery of the final ball.

Maybe if we had players who had the belief, drive and confidence to take the early part of games by the scruff, drive into the box, we would get the 'luck' that in my opinion Hearts earn - they deserve to be where they are. Their style of play, over a season, wins more games than they will ever lose and they can mix things up far better than Hibs. On a one off game we are more than a match - over a season we wouldn't come close.

One key thing they have - their young players know their jobs well and stick to their task. Ours quite often don't (in my view) - you see progress with them, with Alex, Sam and to an extent Danny, you see stagnating youth.........very sad and that for me is due to the mindset of the player, not Hibs. Our lads need to quickly develop swagger and arrogance. They look like they would physically and mentally collapse when the pressure is on - football is unforgiving and if the penny doesn't drop soon with them they will be journeymen before they have even hit 25.
    Fantastic post and so true.

Left by mutual consent!

I agree with some of your points, especially those about wing backs poor delivery of crosses into the box, often failing to beat the first defender, and a failure / reluctance of players to drive into the box whilst in possession of the ball and forcing defenders to make a challenge.

The other observation I would make is that Craig Thomson doesn't seem to have to think for very long before awarding his favourites a penalty.

2-0 Hearts

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875

Celtic fans have this tune in my head now.

Spot on. While it pains me to say it we need to get real. You earn your luck. We lack confidence and self belief- they have it in abundance. It was not always thus up to around 1978 it was us that had the swagger. But True hibernian you are right- we play nice stuff but lack pace and drive, they are no better but more direct and confident.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    2-0 Hearts
    Deflection?

Coaching Staff

Spot on assessment, I feel their laddies are men our laddies are still laddies.