hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kids kits farce

Kids kits farce

Anyone else think the way the toddlers kits have been handled over the last couple of years is a joke, starting to wonder now if they have any intention of making these, poor show from hibs may not be directly hibs fault but surely a bit of pressure on the supplier needs to be made

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Yuillsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else think the way the toddlers kits have been handled over the last couple of years is a joke, starting to wonder now if they have any intention of making these, poor show from hibs may not be directly hibs fault but surely a bit of pressure on the supplier needs to be made
    I was told by a shop assistant yesterday that infant kits were "on route". I asked her how long it would take but she told me she had no idea but they were definitely getting them.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    The sooner we get rid of "Nike" the better

Leeann will invite the fans to have some input or design the new kits in the future

The current arrangement isn't working and the club needs to take control of design, supply and sales of kits from now

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post

Leeann will invite the fans to have some input or design the new kits in the future

The current arrangement isn't working and the club needs to take control of design, supply and sales of kits from now

I think this season's kits are very smart, and it's good to hear they will be available for the wee yins, many of whom love to wear the same kit as the team.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Dont know the details of the problems but the nippers are our season ticket holders in 10 to 15 years time and should be treated as such. Poor show.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    I think this season's kits are very smart, and it's good to hear they will be available for the wee yins, many of whom love to wear the same kit as the team.
    A wee bit off topic but I hate how the kids can't get exact replica tops because of sponsors . wearing a marathon bet shirt is not going to turn my 6 year old into a gambler. But not having the same as the players bothers him

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by liamh2202 View Post
    A wee bit off topic but I hate how the kids can't get exact replica tops because of sponsors . wearing a marathon bet shirt is not going to turn my 6 year old into a gambler. But not having the same as the players bothers him
    And the adults would rather have the kids version with no sponsor!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    I know,, ironic isn't it

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    What's the smallest size you can get at the moment in store?

Website only showing XS boys. That's no good for my 4 year old, who's quite small for his age.

My old man in heading down tomorrow.

Agree with the sponsor thing. My boy made a good suggestion. Why not have the laurel leaves on the kids tops? That way it looks similar, but doesn't directly advertise Marathon Bet.

J

My old man picked up the Small for my eldest and it appeared that the XSB is the same size as my youngests jersey so that fits him. Just in time for their hols next week.

J

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    I have liked every one of the Nike efforts so far and the purple this season is the best top we've had in years IMO. The Nike tops have been streets ahead of the Puma efforts we got with the drain pipe sleeves that went past your elbow.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I have liked every one of the Nike efforts so far and the purple this season is the best top we've had in years IMO. The Nike tops have been streets ahead of the Puma efforts we got with the drain pipe sleeves that went past your elbow.

Unlike puma though nike do not make mini kits avec has the job for this one, it surely can't be that hard to give them a heads up on the new top to have it on the launch date

Unlike puma though nike do not make mini kits avec has the job for this one, it surely can't be that hard to give them a heads up on the new top to have it on the launch date

Does that mean they'll have the Avec branding instead of Nike?

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Does that mean they'll have the Avec branding instead of Nike?

yeah not a swoosh in sight

First Team Breakthrough Mathias Jack's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GazA1875
    Quote Originally Posted by ben johnson View Post
    Dont know the details of the problems but the nippers are our season ticket holders in 10 to 15 years time and should be treated as such. Poor show.
    Yeah, because the kids are gonna be so p****d off at the quality of the kit, it'll affect their decision on whether to get a ST in future.

Right enough...

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Do they do 0-6 months strips.

First Team Breakthrough Yuillsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Smallest they had on Saturday was XSB, fitted my 6 year old perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Precisely my thoughts. The new home top without the sponsor would look great. Anyone that has it able to say if it could successfully be picked off? No chance of me fitting into a large kid's strip anymore unfortunately. It has a real retro quality about it without the sponsor which I like.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    I got a home strip for my youngest (who was 6 months), in April time. Was last year's top though, not tried this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post

Its not Nike for the younger Kids its a company called Avec I think. The order was apparently placed sometime ago but the Kits are outsourced and so they are awaiting shipment of the Kits from abroad (possibly said china or India not sure so dont quote me on that?). Dont think its the club on this occasion!

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post
    I got a home strip for my youngest (who was 6 months), in April time. Was last year's top though, not tried this year.

So there is a chance they will hopefully get some in before the end of the season.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ben johnson View Post
    Absolutely thus

A Dad and son/daughter Christmas package would surely be marketable too.....and help 'bond' successive generations with the club?

Nike make mini kits for Juventus and Barca. Think its more the demand is not so great from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias Jack View Post
    Yeah, because the kids are gonna be so p****d off at the quality of the kit, it'll affect their decision on whether to get a ST in future.

Right enough...
    Dont think the quality was my main concern. It was the first few posts that mentioned the difficulty in obtaining said strips. Dont like the thought of strips not being available and perhaps an alternative being ready available. With ER bursting at the seams why should we be concerned with future attendances and being professional in every aspect of our operation. You are right enough

The two issues are IMO.

Cheap copy for smaller kids (not even Nike). A poor show by anyone's standards.

The lack of availability for said smaller kids kits.

IMHO both home and away should be available with lots of stock at least a week before the school holidays. All sizes, all strips.

Also, while I'm having a moan (constructive criticism), I went to the Swindon v Liverpool friendly at the weekend (Swindon is my local team) and had a browse in their club shop. Good range of stock with some really cool new era caps.

New Era are a pretty well known Cap maker and if League 1 Swindon town can get bespoke caps made, why do Hibs charge the same price (£15), for some generic tut caps that does not have lining or anything like the quality of New Era?

Just saying.....

J

Just off the phone to the club shop and these strips have still not arrived, they don't know if they have been held up in customs or where they actually are he also said that hundreds of people were waiting on these.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a UK manufacturer for football strips and they'd make them bespoke for clubs like Hibs.

No waiting on orders from china/india, where they presumably are delayed by much more important orders for ManU & Chelsea kits.

We should strike up a deal with the Turkish traders who do real fakes.. They seem to kick them out OK lol

@hibs.net private member
    Just off the phone to the club shop and these strips have still not arrived, they don't know if they have been held up in customs or where they actually are he also said that hundreds of people were waiting on these.
    Same excuse as the last 2 seasons. I also see there is now an issue with the delivery of the anniversary top as well.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: monkeyboy_1875
    For anyone still interested in buying infant kits, I received a call from the Hibs Shop yesterday saying they were now on sale in the shop and they'd be avaliable online from Monday lunch time. I only picked the message up from my answer machine this morning, and don't know the price or what they look like.