hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Print at home tickets

Just bought my ticket for today, bought one for last week also and as nice as they look they do use a huge chunk of ink with 1/3 of the ticket showing an image of the East packed with supporters and the other 2/3 requiring high ink use with the stadium plan/ticket details.

I have 3 suggestions:

1. A low detail print at home ticket (some people may find themselves stuck or may choose not to go if they have low ink)

2. A ticket card, much like the season ticket card, where games are added when bought online. Have it available to buy for a nominal fee (say £5, so it doesn't cost the club money when issuing loads of cards for people who only go once a season for example), Then every time you buy a ticket you add it to the card, after say 5/6 games the club could refund the £5. This would encourage those to attend who are 1/2 games short of the refund, when they may not have attended otherwise.

3. Is there any way to have tickets on your phone that would scan at the gate. Obviously this could cost the club if they need to upgrade/change the scanners on the gate.

I appreciate this isn't a concern for most on here who have season tickets but it would be a no cost solution to encourage more people to attend. (The refund of the £5 may cost the club a small amount, I'm sure it wouldn't cost the club £5 per card) I'm not local so going to te ticket office is a pain for me, if I run out of ink I may end up missing some games as the price of the stuff is more tha a ticket.

Don't want to go straight to LD as in sure she is busy enough, can anyone suggest who I can contact at the club to suggest this. Also if you think I'm talking nonsense or can think of a better way then please let me know.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Some great ideas. Should be able to get the bar code on your phone and scanned at the gate. Maybe write to the club with your ideas or some of the LWT guys on here could raise it

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some great ideas. Should be able to get the bar code on your phone and scanned at the gate. Maybe write to the club with your ideas or some of the LWT guys on here could raise it
    I've got to pick up my Dumbarton tickets today, I'll ask about the phone idea

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    The card idea that you can add games to is a great shout.

I've had the last week off so couldn't use the print at home option for today's ticket (only have access to a printer at work). Instead I had it posted to me and was surprised at how small it was compared to the A4 printout.

The ticket card is a good idea, or simply making the print at home ticket smaller. After all, it's only the top third that's relevant.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by high bee View Post
    Just bought my ticket for today, bought one for last week also and as nice as they look they do use a huge chunk of ink with 1/3 of the ticket showing an image of the East packed with supporters and the other 2/3 requiring high ink use with the stadium plan/ticket details.

I have 3 suggestions:

1. A low detail print at home ticket (some people may find themselves stuck or may choose not to go if they have low ink)

2. A ticket card, much like the season ticket card, where games are added when bought online. Have it available to buy for a nominal fee (say £5, so it doesn't cost the club money when issuing loads of cards for people who only go once a season for example), Then every time you buy a ticket you add it to the card, after say 5/6 games the club could refund the £5. This would encourage those to attend who are 1/2 games short of the refund, when they may not have attended otherwise.

3. Is there any way to have tickets on your phone that would scan at the gate. Obviously this could cost the club if they need to upgrade/change the scanners on the gate.

I appreciate this isn't a concern for most on here who have season tickets but it would be a no cost solution to encourage more people to attend. (The refund of the £5 may cost the club a small amount, I'm sure it wouldn't cost the club £5 per card) I'm not local so going to te ticket office is a pain for me, if I run out of ink I may end up missing some games as the price of the stuff is more tha a ticket.

Don't want to go straight to LD as in sure she is busy enough, can anyone suggest who I can contact at the club to suggest this. Also if you think I'm talking nonsense or can think of a better way then please let me know.
    Those are good points and I agree about ink usage. *One poster on here gets me to print his ticket off so he can swan into the Hibs club late and not have to queue later and they do use a lot of unnecessary ink, IMHO.

The card issue is a decent shout too, somewhat like an Oyster card, where you top it up as required

IIRC, the phone idea was talked about at a WT meeting and initially it was felt that with all the screen protectors out there, it might cause issues scanning the device but maybe it could now be revisited. I've used it for budget airlines with no issues so I don't see why this would be different.

*I do get a drink out of it to be fair
    Last edited by FranckSuzy; 01-08-2015 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Scanning info

Print at home tickets

Just e-mail the Club with your ideas and it should be forwarded to the person dealing with the online tickets. You won't get a reply unless you specifically ask for one.

[QUOTE=high bee;4428782]Just bought my ticket for today, bought one for last week also and as nice as they look they do use a huge chunk of ink with 1/3 of the ticket showing an image of the East packed with supporters and the other 2/3 requiring high ink use with the stadium plan/ticket details.

I have 3 suggestions:

2. A ticket card, much like the season ticket card, where games are added when bought online. Have it available to buy for a nominal fee (say

First Team Breakthrough jamieross's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JamieMth
    The phone idea should be fairly simple for the club to achieve, I use my phone for most things like that now, Apple Pay, Clubcard, boarding passes etc.
    Last edited by jamieross; 01-08-2015 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Removed quote

Thanks everyone for the feedback, thanks GreenT for submitting it to the club. Will keep an eye out for any progress now you have emailed the club and will contact them for an update in a month or so.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Must admit, for myself, I am delighted we have this option. Makes life easy for us out of towners. Always have a couple of spare sets of ink anyway as I do a lot of photo printing so the amount of ink used to print one A4 colour sheet bugs me not. Good idea regarding smart phone though.

Quote Originally Posted by high bee View Post
    Thanks everyone for the feedback, thanks GreenT for submitting it to the club. Will keep an eye out for any progress now you have emailed the club and will contact them for an update in a month or so.
    I don't think green t has submitted anything.

The card idea is a great one IMO.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post

I agree, and it should help the TO when buying there too - save them checking that your details are on the database which is a right pain on match day.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crabis View Post
    I agree, and it should help the TO when buying there too - save them checking that your details are on the database which is a right pain on match day.
    Also might make people go more often, as it will be dead easy to do

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    Must admit, for myself, I am delighted we have this option. Makes life easy for us out of towners. Always have a couple of spare sets of ink anyway as I do a lot of photo printing so the amount of ink used to print one A4 colour sheet bugs me not. Good idea regarding smart phone though.
    And me.

It's also perfectly acceptable to print the ticket in plain black & white.

However I'm also all in favour of the Hibernian credit card type option which could also be used to fund purchases from the Club shop.

Certainly agree about the detail on the print out ticket.

There is no reason for there being so much colour in the ticket. It should just be the basics, i.e. date, seat number, opposition, price bracket etc.

Printing one of them out every other week would soon use up your ink cartridge.

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    I had this problem last night nae cyan ink, just choose print in grey scale, hope it works 👌
    45 AND RISING

First Team Breakthrough
    All good shouts- the only bit that's really needed on the printout is the bar-code and the location (stand/row/seat number). Having this on a phone would be pretty easy to implement. I actually got hit with this last week when my printer ran out of black ink while printing the ticket so I had to make a detour via work and print it out there. TBH I wish I hadn't bothered but there you go!

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_nation View Post
    I had this problem last night nae cyan ink, just choose print in grey scale, hope it works 
    It does #cheapskate

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    purchased a ticket 20 mins ago and still waiting on the confirmation e-mail for print at home normally get it within minutes of purchasing

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    purchased a ticket 20 mins ago and still waiting on the confirmation e-mail for print at home normally get it within minutes of purchasing
    Fingers crossed then!

I was the same (about 20 mins ago) but the e mail arrived withing a couple of minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Fingers crossed then!

I was the same (about 20 mins ago) but the e mail arrived withing a couple of minutes.

went online and resent, then all four confirmations arrived within 2 mins although the first two were timed at arriving 20 mins ago

Is there PATG today?

Quote Originally Posted by 221000 View Post
    Is there PATG today?

i think you purchase a ticket from one of the pods m8

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    went online and resent, then all four confirmations arrived within 2 mins although the first two were timed at arriving 20 mins ago

Cheers, taking the wee yin along to her first game today! GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post

Neither he has, misread that. Will send the club an email today.

Print ticket at home in grayscale every time, what a difference it makes being able to do it at home. Still a great idea by the club

Managed to get 3 friends to come along today - print at home is the way forward - and agree about design - like it but always in greyscale on the settings - less ink would ideal though.

Promising Youngster Shore Thing's Avatar
    Someone with a print at home ticket could test out the phone scanning thing today-
    Download the pdf ticket to your phone and see if it scans at the turnstile.
    (Take the printed version with you too though in case it doesn't work!)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan-allez-au View Post
    Someone with a print at home ticket could test out the phone scanning thing today-
    Download the pdf ticket to your phone and see if it scans at the turnstile.
    (Take the printed version with you too though in case it doesn't work!)
    Good idea, will give it a bash.