hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

EMail from Leeann

Anyone else just had an email, as a renewed season ticket holder, encouraging us to back the club?

Tried to cut and paste but basically emphasises what has been done over the last year and mentions how we have progressed. A real "Not what we can do for you but what can you do for the club."

My son hasn't renewed as he couldn't attend many games last year and sees this season being the same but has bought shares.

Does anyone else still have to renew or why are you not doing so this year (genuinely interested from a Working Together viewpoint in what can be done to overcome issues)?

Also is anyone else still planning on buying shares or HSL?
    Hi Kevin,

Last edited by PatHead; 31-07-2015 at 10:41 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else just had an email encouraging us to back the club?
    Hi Kevin,

Yip.

Yup - positive.

There are people who post on this board who we could do with renewing or getting a ST.

Last weekends result hasn't helped but for me the club are going to need us more than ever this season and I'm looking forward to the challenge of being under dogs and trying to win the league.

Just the right words as usual from Leeann Dempster! Any lingering doubts in trusting the board have long since gone and I am amazed at the work ethic this lady displays. The latest email for me says we should puff our chests out this coming season as one and roll the sleeves up and get stuck in! Buzzing for the new season!

First Team Breakthrough Coults1875's Avatar
    Anyone else just had an email encouraging us to back the club?
    Hi Kevin,

Yeah, really happy with how the club is dealing with things these days.

Another positive statement asking the supporters to back the club.

As she says the club is not a soft touch anymore and have listened to supprters so if you are in 2 minds about a season ticket this year get down ER and get one bought!

@hibs.net private member
    No mention of Petrie leaving ... 😈

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    No mention of Petrie leaving ... 
    I did the telephone calls both last season and this. A lot of fans said they were not renewing because of him last season but didn't get one saying that this season. (I still think he should go though as he is an obstacle!) Leeann is running the club though make no bones about it.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Yup. Positive again. If you can afford a season ticket then DO IT FOLKS!

Hi Scott,

I want to thank you and every other supporter who has bought a season ticket and shown support in a real and tangible way. However, today I need to ask you, our supporters, to demonstrate your undoubted willingness to do all you can to get behind your Club - and to do it now.

Events of the past few days have been testing for everyone, but I think you will recognise the clear demonstration and resolve of the Club to do all we can to get promotion.

When I came to Hibernian more than a year ago, amongst all the conversations I had with many of you, one message came across crystal clear.

You challenged the Club to show ambition; to demonstrate that we have the ability and desire to restore confident and to allow you to fall in love with the Club again.

Over the year we have done everything we can to meet that understandable challenge:
    Leading from the front by demonstrating the Club's ambition to succeed on the pitch. Alan and his staff extending their contracts is a great example, as is our refusal to contemplate an offer from one of our key rivals for one of our best players.
    Creating confidence that football business will be done early and done well, and we've done this through maintaining our football budget at Premiership level when many other clubs in our situation would cut theirs. Seven players have now joined the club following the addition of John McGinn, with four more extending contracts, and the investment has been significant in building a strong playing squad.
    Empowering supporters through the concept of supporter ownership, which is being delivered through the Club's share offer and HSL.
    Add in to that mix the enormous work we've all done to improve communications and dialogue through the Club's media channels, through face-to-face meetings and forums, and through rebuilding links with supporter organisations - manifesting itself in things like the return of the white sleeves to the strip and the reintroduction of a purple away kit.

A lot has already been done, but there is more we need to do. By extending their contracts, Alan and his staff showed us this week that they are determined to do everything they can. What we all now need to ask is: "What can I do to help them?"

Alan said the one big thing any supporter can do is to turn up to Easter Road, buy season tickets if they can, and get behind the team. To date more than 7,000 have joined you in committing to next season and again I offer my sincere thanks, because it is your commitment that has helped us get our squad together for the challenge ahead.

However we need more. We still have season ticket holders from last season who have chosen not to renew, and other lapsed holders to get back. Circumstances change and not everyone can have a season ticket and there will be genuine and unavoidable reasons for some.

For others who are simply choosing to wait and see I would say-don't wait. We need them, and we need them now. I am asking every Hibernian supporter who can afford to buy a season ticket to come forward and buy one, and to get yourself, family and friends back to Easter Road. You have already done your bit-please help us convince others to get behind us and buy season tickets.

The process began in January to give supporters the chance to take a controlling interest in their club. With that comes the recognition that funding the Club is the responsibility of all of us. It is up to all of us to ensure we get the team we want. Every person who contributes to HSL or the share issue will help further strengthen our squad. If you want to join HSL click HERE, or click HERE to learn about the share issue.

I'll say it again, don't wait - do it now.

Are you up for the challenge?

Leeann

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    everyone should be backing the club as much as they can this year. I only get up to about one game a year, so a season ticket is not really viable, but I pay for Hibs TV monthly (£72 a year) and have signed up for HSL too. With one or two games and a shirt I will be contributing about the same as a season ticket over the year.

Great to see Leeann and Stubbs running our club properly.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Its a great pity that we are still in the Championship as I have absolutely no doubt that things are very much improved than they were a year ago and the club now seems ready to finally kick on.

My only concern would be whether if we fail to get promoted this year, we could sustain that sense of positivity for another year in the Championship.

We will just have to hope that that doesn't happen.

Although I wont get another season ticket for the foreseeable future, I at least plan to go to more games than I have done since the Calderwood era.

For a couple of years I wouldn't even accept comp tickets for the home games I could have had every week.

Baby steps and all that.

GGTTH

After what's happened the last week or so, and with the guy who bought 10 tickets to give away to fans who couldn't afford it, I've decided to get a season ticket and so has my dad. Our club is changing for the better and it's time to back them.

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzeelegod View Post
    After what's happened the last week or so, and with the guy who bought 10 tickets to give away to fans who couldn't afford it, I've decided to get a season ticket and so has my dad. Our club is changing for the better and it's time to back them.
    Well done you, exactly what we need..returning fans.
    Enjoy the season :)
    "We've also been unsure about what has happened to the receipts of the players who have been sold."
    George Foulkes BBC website 20/3/08

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Another outstanding message from Leanne. I think I'm falling in love.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

It's a real pleasure to read posts like this. It's time to concentrate on the many positive reasons there are to back our club.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Hi Kevin,

Who's Kevin?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Who's Kevin?

Strickingly handsome guy who lives in Pathhead and supports Hibs.

That bit must have cut and pasted!

Well done to you, your Dad and the very generous supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    It's a real pleasure to read posts like this. It's time to concentrate on the many positive reasons there are to back our club.
    I could not agree more.

Kevin says hello

Yes. " Leading from the front" Positive vibes .

Strickingly handsome guy who lives in Pathhead and supports Hibs.

That bit must have cut and pasted!
    You would have got away with it if someone never quoted you lol

I really don't know what else the Hibs board, CEO, and management team can do to get lapsed supporters back to ER.

Not backing down to the newco over the SA saga; some very good signings; reducing the price of season tickets; AS and his coaching team extending their contracts at the club.

The final piece of the jigsaw is of course the players doing the business on the pitch and winning matches on a regular basis.

Even if some lapsed supporters still cannot be persuaded to buy a season ticket, maybe they could turn up more regularly and PATG? Everyone who calls himself/herself a Hibs supporter needs to play their part as much as they are able to try to help get Hibs promoted this season.

Share purchase application on its way accompanied by a cheque - probably would have got round to it before the end of August but Leeann's email prompted me to do it now

She has been our best signing

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: n/A
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Its a great pity that we are still in the Championship as I have absolutely no doubt that things are very much improved than they were a year ago and the club now seems ready to finally kick on.

My only concern would be whether if we fail to get promoted this year, we could sustain that sense of positivity for another year in the Championship.

Although I wont get another season ticket for the foreseeable future, I at least plan to go to more games than I have done since the Calderwood era.

For a couple of years I wouldn't even accept comp tickets for the home games I could have had every week.

Baby steps and all that.

GGTTH

Are you not buying a season ticket due to other commitments. money etc?

If not, and you can afford to, do come back this season. I dont want to start an argument or anything but 'baby steps' isn't good enough right now. Just buy the season ticket and IF we don't go up, you'll have every right to moan if you care to do so.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Just had the email myself. Wish I could do more to support the club - living 100s of miles away and returning to Embra very occasionally doesn't help.

I think this will be a great season to watch this team develop.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    Just had the email myself. Wish I could do more to support the club - living 100s of miles away and returning to Embra very occasionally doesn't help.

I think this will be a great season to watch this team develop.
    You could contribute to HSL and/or Kicks for Kids

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post

Baby steps and all that.

GGTTH
    At the risk of going all 'uber-fanny' here, why wait and see how things go with everyone else supporting the club for you?

That probably sounds really knobby, but I couldn't think of a more diplomatic way to put it.

If everyone that can buy a season ticket does buy a season ticket then we can help take matters into our own hands as much as possible.

Hibs have one main competitor this season (I think St Mirren will do well, but we'll finish well clear of them, IMHO) and that's The Rangers.

The Rangers have one major advantage over us, and that's their spending power, which is driven largely by their season ticket sales (it doesn't look like Dave King is putting his hand in his own pocket to fund them.)

The club have one main way to generate income themselves - player sales. We could get the equivalent of x number of season ticket sales by selling Scott Allan, for example. That would fund a couple of players but leave us without one of our best players.

As supporters, we can remove the need to sell anyone - buy season tickets or subscribe to HSL. Give the club the money to get the players in that will compete with The Rangers.

Leeann's message is clear - don't wait and see, make it happen.

What if your season ticket was the difference between us signing the player or not signing the player that scores the goal that takes us up, or wins us a cup.

I get one season ticket probably won't make the difference, but this applies to everyone that's waiting to see - if you don't wait and see and just do it, then we're all watching a better team this season.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I've bought two season tickets but never got an email. Petrie up to his old tricks again.

I got the email too. Very impressed and its very well written stuff from LD.

Unfortunately refraining from an ST at the moment due to working some Saturdays and also struggling to afford one. That said I'll still make home games when I can and if finances are better round Christmas time maybe get a half ST.

Despite being in the championship another year I feel more excited about the club than I did for years previously, I'm sure I won't be the only one thinking that.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by guyll123 View Post
    Are you not buying a season ticket due to other commitments. money etc?

If not, and you can afford to, do come back this season. I dont want to start an argument or anything but 'baby steps' isn't good enough right now. Just buy the season ticket and IF we don't go up, you'll have every right to moan if you care to do so.
    Fair enough to ask the question

I have gotten really into golf in the last few years again and play Saturday & Sunday and am a member of 3 courses

I could afford to buy a season ticket if I wanted to, but have become so disillusioned by Hibs & football in general over the last 7 or 8 years that its no longer the over riding priority it used to be.

Truth of the matter is I don't even bother watching it on our Sky Sports subscription now, I doubt I saw 6 games of any league last year and certainly didn't watch them start to finish.

I have bought shares and whilst I am happy to pitch in a bit in doing so, I am not yet ready to commit to going most weeks let alone all.

We will see how it goes, but as we stand now I would expect to go to no more than 6 games this season, which would be 5 more than last (Livi at home in the 2-1 game)

We need to go up for the good of the club, but that wouldn't be the litmus test for me personally and wouldn't cause me to moan.

Right now I would settle for us playing some decent stuff again and competing.

I had a season ticket for well over 15 years and at one time there were more than 30 of us, there are now 6

Maybe the catalyst for me will be when my grandchildren come along and want to go.

It would have been unthinkable for me to become so alienated from football and Hibs years ago and maybe its just going to take time or something to rekindle my interest.

I don't expect this to be a popular post but you asked an honest question and I felt you deserved an honest explantion.
    Last edited by BSEJVT; 31-07-2015 at 02:15 PM.