hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Fraser Fyvie

Fraser Fyvie

Shows some fight and needle.

Could be my new fav player. Would like to see him in with some settled combinations, I think he looks decent but could flourish further in the right conditions.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could be my new fav player. Would like to see him in with some settled combinations, I think he looks decent but could flourish further in the right conditions.
    I thought he did well in the first half on Saturday looking forward to seeing him this season

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malcky View Post
    I thought he did well in the first half on Saturday looking forward to seeing him this season
    Agree though think he should have done better on the 3v2 we had when we broke from their corner. Seemed to me to play the ball too early though in saying Malonga didnt do well in going on the outside.

First Team Breakthrough
    Was busy, wanted the ball as often as possible and worked very hard. He doesn't panic on ball and is happy to demand in tight areas also, sign of someone with confidence in his own ability, think he could do really well this season.

Also think the 3 v 2 he could have done better but the 2 strikers could have maybe crossed over to move the defenders a bit more as well. Agreed he passed to early though, just that the strikers could have been better.

Cummings ran towards Malonga when they should have sought to either split the two defenders or at least force one of them to commit to Fyvie.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post

Big fan of this guy. for me he is more important to the side than Allan and if Rangers wanted to sign our BEST player then they would be chasing Frasers signature rather than Scott Allan's.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    Cummings ran towards Malonga when they should have sought to either split the two defenders or at least force one of them to commit to Fyvie.
    This is spot on, had JC done this then either both hun defenders stay with JC and DM leaving FF a straight run in on the keeper, or if one of them goes to close down FF, he then slips in the free attacker.

Been a brilliant signing by Stubbs!

Quote Originally Posted by BadGrandpa View Post
    Big fan of this guy. for me he is more important to the side than Allan and if Rangers wanted to sign our BEST player then they would be chasing Frasers signature rather than Scott Allan's.
    Agree that he's a great signing and I'm a big fan of his but it's not that simple comparing him with Allan IMO. Ability-wise, Allan could just about play at any level. Fyvie doesn't have that level of skill - the X-factor if you will - but is a bit more dogged, applies himself well and should really complement a guy like Allan. Basically, I'd be gutted to lose either of them!

He was the one I thought we had little chance to re-sign at the end of the season, was really chuffed when he signed back on with us.

SA could do worse than look at Fyvie (who presumably recognised the facilities and staff as strong reasons to sign a longer deal, given it was done very early he obviously wasn't that interested in leaving) as someone who has seen the potential at ER and what it could do for both of them.

I think he lacked support in the second half and ran out of steam a bit. I think he's a terrific player (who whilst is a slightly different player to Allan) is as equally important to our team. Big player for us this season

Testimonial Due
    Liked him standin' up for Malonga v DAFC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGrandpa View Post
    Hope he's no a rangers fan then.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Hope he's no a rangers fan then.
    Definitely not.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I think Fraser has been an excellent signing, I really like what he brings to the team and I still think we've to see the best of him.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I'd hazard a guess he'll be our POTY, with or without certain other midfielders.

Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    I'd hazard a guess he'll be our POTY, with or without certain other midfielders.
    I agree. Him or keetings .