hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 190 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Testimonial Due
    The Club sent a pretty obvious message to the support by putting him front and centre of the away kit launch, if people still want to worry about him leaving in this window them let them have their fun, but it's not going to happen.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is going NOWHERE this Summer, how many people including the man himself need to state this.
    Yup well done lads. Applause for another bout of needless (I hope) Mass Hibsteria...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Brown trousers and bicycle clips are out in force tonight I see.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    The weearrapeeple have agreed a compensation package with THEM over Jason Holt's ill advised move.

According to Radio Scotland that is.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    I would lose all faith in the board if they sell Scott Allan to Rangers
    The 'board' being this board? Stay staunch.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Going nowhere IMHO. No panic.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

I've said already but I'll say it again. Folk need to calm the **** down a bit.

Hibs have said Allan will not be leaving, the player has said he will see out his contract on the official site, he has absolutely no obligation to do that as he could have sat quietly and said nothing.

This is going to drag on right until the close of the window. Rangers are desperate to get the fans on side, a few have started questioning King after he bragged about spending £5M and thus far has brought in a bunch of out of contract players from down south and still not replaced the players they saw leave at the end of last season. If there's money there to be spent what are they waiting on? Allan is an easy option to appease the fans, it potentially causes unrest at ER and they have a friendly press to trumpet their case. If we are either leading the league or we'll in the hunt come November or December you can guarantee the pre contract rumours will go into full swing.

I see this playing out as there being an 'bid for an undisclosed sum' that Rangers know Hibs will never accept in the next few days, Hibs will reject it then the press will be primed with stories of how it was an 'ambitious bid' and an 'unnamed source' reports Allan is 'furious' it has been rejected. The succulent lamb brigade that make up the majority of our sports press are as predictable as they are boring.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Hibs have said Allan will not be leaving, the player has said he will see out his contract on the official site, he has absolutely no obligation to do that as he could have sat quietly and said nothing.

This is going to drag on right until the close of the window. Rangers are desperate to get the fans on side, a few have started questioning King after he bragged about spending £5M and thus far has brought in a bunch of out of contract players from down south and still not replaced the players they saw leave at the end of last season. If there's money there to be spent what are they waiting on? Allan is an easy option to appease the fans, it potentially causes unrest at ER and they have a friendly press to trumpet their case. If we are either leading the league or we'll in the hunt come November or December you can guarantee the pre contract rumours will go into full swing.

I see this playing out as there being an 'bid for an undisclosed sum' that Rangers know Hibs will never accept in the next few days, Hibs will reject it then the press will be primed with stories of how it was an 'ambitious bid' and an 'unnamed source' reports Allan is 'furious' it has been rejected. The succulent lamb brigade that make up the majority of our sports press are as predictable as they are boring.
    It's not just the press trumpeting.

As a support we choose how we react to this. Online forums muddies the water but hello! no sense in speculation ahead of a big game. This is a sideshow-diversion we've seen it a hundred times before. Know it, expect it, stand firm against it. Post window can we not put this to bed and give the management some credit. There's also a small matter of Stubbs to consider here. It's just a pile of crop.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Testimonial Due

There's absolutely no place on an Internet message board for this level of common sense. I READ HE WAS LEAVING ON TWITTER, AND FACEBOOK!

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Why don't Hibs make a statement in the Sun telling them they aren't closing in on him ?

Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    Why don't Hibs make a statement in the Sun telling them they aren't closing in on him ?
    Why don't Hibs just get on with their own business and **** the Sun?

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Why don't Hibs just get on with their own business and **** the Sun?
    They are

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    He's going nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    They are
    Answered your own question then. Let's not prolong a pretty awful thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    If SA wanted to stay he just has to come out and say so!, he hasn't because he wants to go and join the huns, he's a supporter, he's a weejie and he will join them whether now or next season. This is a dilema for RP, he wants the money as usual, but he know's their will be a riot if he sells, particularly to the huns! By the way, where are all the interested parties, so far I heard that Ipswich were interested, but for a player supposed to be that good you would have thought we would have been fighting them off. Maybe they are a bit wary because he's been turning it on against part timers in the championship.
    Wow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Answered your own question then. Let's not prolong a pretty awful thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    The Club sent a pretty obvious message to the support by putting him front and centre of the away kit launch, if people still want to worry about him leaving in this window them let them have their fun, but it's not going to happen.
    Huns and weegie press are still living in La La Land pretending they have the kind of money and clout to manufacture these kinds of transfers. The most they'll get out of this is the pretence that they're a "big club" and give their new manager some false hope of being able to weaken the opposition while strengthening their own squad. Their posturing has as much credibility as us saying we're going to bid for their best player.

In saying that, every player has their price and if someone comes up with silly money Hibs will sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    If SA wanted to stay he just has to come out and say so!, he hasn't because he wants to go and join the huns, he's a supporter, he's a weejie and he will join them whether now or next season. This is a dilema for RP, he wants the money as usual, but he know's their will be a riot if he sells, particularly to the huns! By the way, where are all the interested parties, so far I heard that Ipswich were interested, but for a player supposed to be that good you would have thought we would have been fighting them off. Maybe they are a bit wary because he's been turning it on against part timers in the championship.
    1. LD is the CEO and deals with the day to day running of the club!
    2.SA has already said he's happy to see out his contract at ER and he is happy at ER.
    3. FWIW he can join who he wants next season as he's out of contract. (Unless he signs an extension that is and we will then get a few).
    4. Why does it matter he's from the west!
    5. Your last few sentences have convinced me of something. YOUR ON A BIG FISHING TRIP with those comments. Plain and simple for me anyway.

Just saying like.

Coaching Staff
    Hibs should set the price - simple as that and either calls The Rangers bluff or puts the pressure on their fans for the club to stump up cash.

My price would be £1.5 million (based around Lewis McLeod and Nadir Cifcti's recent valuations) - if they pay, we lose a good player but not a world beater - if he was the former we would have won a cup and/or got promoted - if they pay we also have money to get in Dylan, Callum McGregor (no info just a player who I think is perfect for Hibs) and have some money come January window.

I seriously doubt The Rangers have that amount of cash to hand - my gut says we won't see SA play for Hibs when the window closes though. Other clubs will come in I think and a bidding war will start.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Hibs should set the price - simple as that and either calls The Rangers bluff or puts the pressure on their fans for the club to stump up cash.

My price would be £1.5 million (based around Lewis McLeod and Nadir Cifcti's recent valuations) - if they pay, we lose a good player but not a world beater - if he was the former we would have won a cup and/or got promoted - if they pay we also have money to get in Dylan, Callum McGregor (no info just a player who I think is perfect for Hibs) and have some money come January window.

I seriously doubt The Rangers have that amount of cash to hand - my gut says we won't see SA play for Hibs when the window closes though. Other clubs will come in I think and a bidding war will start.
    Why do Hibs have to set a price.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    They don't and shouldn't.

Setting a price suggests he is actively up for sale, he's not.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Regular
    Big L How many *** times do you want Hibs to tell you he is staying. I think its time this thread was closed

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    ****ing hell, can we not just stop going on about it? He's not leaving this window and he won't be here next year. Hopefully he will sign a new contract so we get some money.

He will 100% not go to Rangers. At least this year anyway.

@hibs.net private member
    Not in team or bench tonight but confident he is staying with us

The Sevconians mob will be getting all carried when they see he ain't in tonight's squad

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    Because my gut instinct is the boy wants to go but has high high regards for Stubbs (and Hibs) - his best mate has just moved there too which is an additional pull.

Of course I don't want SA to leave or be sold - I'd like him to look at Stevie May and use him as an example of rewarding a club who stayed true to the player and helped his career - May was loaned out twice, took on board advice, learned his trade, won his place in the Saintees first team, won a cup, got a Scotland cap and won a move to a big club down south - that is what I'd like to see Scott do. Extend his contract, push for promotions and the cups and then see where we and he are next year.

For me though this is a bigger test of Leeann's resolve and football plan - and whether there are other moustachioed influences

Blog Entries
    They are absolutely creaming themselves on FF at SA's absence tonight. They are convinced he has decided to join them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    They are absolutely creaming themselves on FF at SA's absence tonight. They are convinced he has decided to join them.
    In for a shock when he pulls on his no 10 jersey and takes his place in the starting line up on Saturday afternoon!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This reminds me of when they thought Scott Brown was a done deal. How did that work out for them again?

Blog Entries
    This reminds me of when they thought Scott Brown was a done deal. How did that work out for them again?
    Funnily enough, one slightly more discerning mutant mentioned the fools they made of themselves over the Scott Brown situation. What is it about Hibby 'Scotts'?