hibs.net Messageboard

Page 102 of 190 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 5697
    Quote Originally Posted by BadGrandpa View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    loads of good posts with valid points

Scott's clearly looking to make more money..Rangers IMO are no step up so why can't the club offer him a deal he can't refuse?
    Because The Rangers will be offering £5k-£9k per week which we cannot offer.

Plus he is a Rangers fan with friends at Rangers.

What we probably could offer though is a decent lump sum to sign eg £100k sign fee plus a percent of any future transfer fee.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Scott's clearly looking to make more money..Rangers IMO are no step up so why can't the club offer him a deal he can't refuse?
    He has just handed in a transfer request, think that rules him out of signing a extension to his contract he can't refuse, that will go down well with the rest of the squad, every player would be handing in transfer requests to get better deals.

He doesn't want to be here.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    If Hibs sell Scott Allan to The Rangers I honestly think it will be against Stubbs wishes. In fact it's clear as day he's said he himself doesn't want him sold to them.

So if for some reason The Rangers found a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow and coughed up serious cash for the board to fold and sell, I'd suspect Stubbs to then see out this season and not sign an extension and leave then. I don't think he'd walk before a ball is kicked or in the next month or so!

Again this is just my opinion, I've not heard anything or been told anything I just think after watching his interviews that in no way would he agree to Allan going to them and it would piss him right off he did go.

On a brighter note, anyone else here anything regarding new players signing this week?
    It would definitely be against his wishes but I think Stubbs would walk.

Again it's just a matter of personal opinion but he's a principled man and I think he would go to show other prospective employers that he's not going to be a push-over.

I like the last bit mate, we all need to get back to speaking about Hibs.

Not one player because right now Rangers are doing exactly what they want. Let's hope we get a couple of good names in the door this week.

If Hibs sell Scott Allan to The Rangers I honestly think it will be against Stubbs wishes. In fact it's clear as day he's said he himself doesn't want him sold to them.

So if for some reason The Rangers found a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow and coughed up serious cash for the board to fold and sell, I'd suspect Stubbs to then see out this season and not sign an extension and leave then. I don't think he'd walk before a ball is kicked or in the next month or so!

Again this is just my opinion, I've not heard anything or been told anything I just think after watching his interviews that in no way would he agree to Allan going to them and it would piss him right off he did go.

On a brighter note, anyone else here anything regarding new players signing this week?
    Does that mean you've heard or just asking the question? We could certainly do with a signing or two

Stubbs has been very vocal and very visible about not selling Allan to Rangers.

If a crazy offer came in from them then the board would need to discuss it with Stubbs but it would need to be huge to tempt Hibs now.

Stubbs would look like a twat if Hibs sold Allan to Rangers behind his back and would, imo, be perfectly justified to walk away.

I don't think it would do his reputation any harm either. He doesn't need to get a reputation as being a walkover, he'd earn respect from people the length and breadth of the country if he did. Not all boards just want a lackey or a yes man as a manager.

All ifs and buts though.

We're still not selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Does that mean you've heard or just asking the question? We could certainly do with a signing or two
    I'd heard but not from what I'd call someone ITK that we were looking to have a player signed for this w'end! I'm assuming McCabe if he's right unless anyone else has heard anything?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post

Again it's just a matter of personal opinion but he's a principled man and I think he would go to show other prospective employers that he's not going to be a push-over.

Not one player because right now Rangers are doing exactly what they want. Let's hope we get a couple of good names in the door this week.
    Yeah we need fresh faces in sooner rather than later. Lift the mood of the fans and players.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post

Stubbs played for Celtc for many years, he will know how the old firm work when they want a player from a Scottish club, 99% of the time they get the player, I doubt he will walk if we sell to them against his wishes, he certainly won't sign a extension with us if it happens.

@hibs.net private member
    Yeah we need fresh faces in sooner rather than later. Lift the mood of the fans and players.
    100% - crazy the difference a matter of two weeks, the scottish press, a dodgy agent and the Huns can make.

It was all plain sailing in late June/early July.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Stubbs played for Celtc for many years, he will know how the old firm work when they want a player from a Scottish club, 99% of the time they get the player, I doubt he will walk if we sell to them against his wishes, he certainly won't sign a extension with us if it happens.
    Even if he thinks it will stop him from achieving, what must be, his only aim from this season.

We need promotion but surely if he has any hope of increasing his credibility (as a manager) so does he?

Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    Because The Rangers will be offering £5k-£9k per week.
    There is not a hope in hell that Rangers will be able to offer Allan a three-year, £9k/wk contract. They don't have the money.

Your first figure is more accurate.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Rangers do not have the money to make Hibs consider a bid for a second. If he goes to Inrox, it will be as a free agent at the end of the season.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    He has just handed in a transfer request, think that rules him out of signing a extension to his contract he can't refuse, that will go down well with the rest of the squad, every player would be handing in transfer requests to get better deals.

He doesn't want to be here.

Money always talks though. I understand he's a Rangers fan...but LG is a Hibs fan he's playing for the team that offers the best money it's always about money.

Plus he is a Rangers fan with friends at Rangers.

What we probably could offer though is a decent lump sum to sign eg £100k sign fee plus a percent of any future transfer fee.
    Good post and good idea.
    It really does pain me that a team that's freshly made has managed to get hold of more money than most. Footbals not about football it's about the highest bidder might as well start putting the titles on eBay.

Money always talks though. I understand he's a Rangers fan...but LG is a Hibs fan he's playing for the team that offers the best money it's always about money.
    So how are we going to match 5k a week?

I have to agree with bill the hibby here, i was told on friday if hibs sell scott allan to rangers stubbs will be gone.

But I keep reading that The Rangers are skint. Which is it? Are they skint or are they not? How can they be making signings if the are "skint"?

Maybe it all depends on how one defines "skint"?

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    So how are we going to match 5k a week?
    It would be easy to match 5k per week it's just sourcing the funding that's hard. The more fans buying season tickets and going to games the more likely the funding becomes available it's frustrating. But it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    But I keep reading that The Rangers are skint. Which is it? Are they skint or are they not? How can they be making signings if the are "skint"?

Maybe it all depends on how one defines "skint"?
    Because they are dodgy and despite what happened to the former residents of Ibrox the tribute act wants to be just as daft as the old Huns.!

It's amazing how much disruption one player can cause. I hope Stubbs and his team are keeping the rest of the team focused and as much away from all this nonsense as possible. The hun media are trying their hardest to create as big a **** storm around hibs as possible. The huns have manipulated the situation and so far must be loving how this is panning out.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever Seven View Post
    It's amazing how much disruption one player can cause. I hope Stubbs and his team are keeping the rest of the team focused and as much away from all this nonsense as possible. The hun media are trying their hardest to create as big a **** storm around hibs as possible. The huns have manipulated the situation and so far must be loving how this is panning out.
    They are quite happy with the outcome either way. Either they get him, we sell him to someone else or he stays and contributes little. I think they'd rather have the cheapest option though.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    The Rangers/SA/Agent have another 4 weeks to go to force Hibs hand, they won't give up yet.
    Hibs have stated many times that they won't sell to Rangers so I see no mileage in that.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Hibs have stated many times that they won't sell to Rangers so I see no mileage in that.
    Spoke to a Hibs director this morning who assured me this is still the case..

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

We already have.

It's called a contract.

It would be easy to match 5k per week it's just sourcing the funding that's hard. The more fans buying season tickets and going to games the more likely the funding becomes available it's frustrating. But it can be done.
    I think you're being a tad unrealistic. Not impossible but highly unlikely. Only performances on the pitch will encourage most of the stay aways to buy seasons again.

Because they are dodgy and despite what happened to the former residents of Ibrox the tribute act wants to be just as daft as the old Huns.!
    And take the newco into liquidation. You really believe that? That they are that "daft"?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    ....which translates as "we can't afford it".

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Agreed. The club won't do a u-turn on this. Past the point of no return now. And it doesn't matter what SA or the agent do.

@hibs.net private member
    So could £50k a week but sourcing the funding would be hard

obvious answer , is to get him out the door as soon as poss but not to Sevco.