hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 190 1231151101 ... LastLast

Scott Allan - signs a 4 year deal with Celtic

I cant see SA going for anything less than 3.5m.

Given the importance to Hibs this season.

If we get promoted and he was to sign for longer and we developed him and he proves himself further, I think we would be looking for 6-8m for him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Don't think anyone is going to pay hibs that money for any player

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062
    Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

If we get promoted and he was to sign for longer and we developed him and he proves himself further, I think we would be looking for 6-8m for him.

Bit early in the day mate...but I'll have some of what you've been taking 😁😁😂

Promising Youngster
    6-8 million? Haha wow must be strong stuff you have with your cornflakes

£1 million (as quoted in the Sun) would be a great piece of business for player with a year on his contract. If any team but The Rangers offered that we'd have to consider it.

However, we'd need to sign him on a 10 year contract at £15k per week before any club would offer more than a couple of million.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    £1 million (as quoted in the Sun) would be a great piece of business for player with a year on his contract. If any team but The Rangers offered that we'd have to consider it.

However, we'd need to sign him on a 10 year contract at £15k per week before any club would offer more than a couple of million.
    What is he worth to Ranger though!!

At least 3.5 I'd have thought!!!

We'e got to remember the league and the "market" that we're in. Nobody will pay that much for a player in this league.

I do think that there will be poorer players than Allan transferred for sums like those you mention though, some of the players leaving Ipswich for huge sums cause me to raise an eyebrow. That's what happens in England these days.

First Team Breakthrough since90plustwo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FIN1875
    Scott Allan is a fantastic player but he is playing against part time players on the whole. 1-1.5 million would be a good price for him. With a year on his contract and someone offered £750k then i would be inclined to accept.

SA won't sign a new contract with us so we're never gonna get millions for him. Any club offer a million for him he'll be off and so long as it aint rangers then fair do's. If he stays this season and we go up then he can leave for free with my best wishes, even if it is to der hun.

What is he worth to Ranger though!!

At least 3.5 I'd have thought!!!
    Guaranteed promotion wouldn't even be worth that to Rangers right now, never mind one player who may or may not make the difference.

You're either on crack or craic...

Left by mutual consent!

I wouldn't worry.....it's just the weegie media doing what they do best in stirring up trouble trying to upset players!

I often actually wonder if the daily record and co are on their payroll as it's worked so so often in the past!

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    I think if anyone but Rangers offered £1.5M now he'd be off. For some reason, I think that's about the valuation Hibs have put on SA - maybe they'd want about £2M from Rangers.

1 million for a player in his final year is fantastic - but i'd honestly be sick and lose a bit of respect in LD if the deal was allowed to go through.

Left by mutual consent!
    3.5m 😂😂😂😂

First Team Breakthrough Hfc_Since1875's Avatar
    I know Ciftci is a good player.... but why should we have the attitude that £750k is decent for a player with a year to go when Dundee Utd received £1.5m for Ciftci who was in the same situation?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    I wouldn't worry.....it's just the weegie media doing what they do best in stirring up trouble trying to upset players!

I often actually wonder if the daily record and co are on their payroll as it's worked so so often in the past!
    Exactly, reading about this in the Weedjie press anyone would think we had a game against Sevco at the weekend

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    If anyone is making offers to buy players, it should be us to them - if they had any worth taking.

If SA was to go?

What is difference between staying in the championship and SPFL? That should be the cost plus xxxx to recruit a replacement.

At Easter Road we play...

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Best piece of business for Hibs re Allan?

Option A: 1 million from Hibs' direct rivals for our best player. Gives us money to spend on players worse than our best player, and immediately strengthens our direct rivals.

Option B: Hibs refuse to sell our best player to our direct rivals, giving us our best player for another season and a better chance of being promoted, meaning we will get as much money in the long run as if we sold our best player to our direct rivals.

It's not rocket science - unless we are really REALLY ****ing stupid (or Petrie tries to stick his nose in) we will NOT sell. It would be suicide in terms of our chances this season and the club's relationship with the fans.

First Team Breakthrough Mathias Jack's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GazA1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice-Terry View Post
    I think if anyone but Rangers offered £1.5M now he'd be off. For some reason, I think that's about the valuation Hibs have put on SA - maybe they'd want about £2M from Rangers.
    I wouldn't sell him to Rangers...end of. If we did, we'd be as well asking the SPFL to hand Rangers the Championship trophy at the same time.

In all honesty, i'd rather keep him for our promotion push and let him make up his own mind at the end of the season.

Coaching Staff scott7_0(Prague)'s Avatar

where do you get drink so early in the day?

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    Option A: 1 million from Hibs' direct rivals for our best player. Gives us money to spend on players worse than our best player, and immediately strengthens our direct rivals.

Option B: Hibs refuse to sell our best player to our direct rivals, giving us our best player for another season and a better chance of being promoted, meaning we will get as much money in the long run as if we sold our best player to our direct rivals.

It's not rocket science - unless we are really REALLY ****ing stupid (or Petrie tries to stick his nose in) we will NOT sell. It would be suicide in terms of our chances this season and the club's relationship with the fans.
    Only if we got promoted.

If we got an offer of £1 million for him we would need to bite the club's hand off as we're talking about him playing in the second tier of Scottish football at the moment and he only has 12 months left on his contract.

I would rather keep the player though.

Wow! just wow! :-)

The Jambos will be pishing themselves laughing at that.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 21-07-2015 at 11:27 AM.

First Team Breakthrough Mathias Jack's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GazA1875
    Quote Originally Posted by scott7_0(Prague) View Post
    where do you get drink so early in the day?

An off licence as they sell alcohol from 10...or his cupboard

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    750k and he is gone I doubt it will be Rangers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post

Wonder who we are playing on Sat ?

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    If anyone is making offers to buy players, it should be us to them - if they had any worth taking.

Let's leak a story: "The Daily Record understands" that Hibernian will not take no for an answer from The Rangers and are determined to buy one of their star players like... em... er... no, forget it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    It's a strange situation where we have a player who's market value is way lower than what he's worth to the club due to the league we're in. If we were a Premiership side then we'd be able to demand upwards of £2m for Scott but realistically there's nobody going to pay that much for a Championship player.

With that in mind, selling Scott now simply cannot be an option. I honestly think we would find it almost impossible to find another player of his quality on our budget.

The value to this club of getting promotion is worth way more than whatever transfer fee The Huns are willing to pay.

@hibs.net private member
    The only way he will end up at Rangers is if he publicly declares his desire for the move, and even then Hibs could force him to wait until end of season....There is too much goodwill to be lost from there fans - even if a 1M if was to come from them....I expect others to be in for him though..