hibs.net Messageboard

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

The Harris 'penalty' incident

I thought Harris was clearly pulled back and should have had a penalty. Harris stayed on his feet and the ref have nothing, and this is one of the main reasons players go down at the slightest touch.
    Referees need to recognise and give fouls when players try to stay on their feet. When they don't they only add to the diving problem that football has, IMHO.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought Harris was clearly pulled back and should have had a penalty. Harris stayed on his feet and the ref have nothing, and this is one of the main reasons players go down at the slightest touch.
    Referees need to recognise and give fouls when players try to stay on their feet. When they don't they only add to the diving problem that football has, IMHO.
    Definitely a pen Matty.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevesyb
    Right in front of me, stick-on pen.

Ref seemed in good position too! Anywhere else on the pitch and it's a clear foul

Think the ref knew it was a pen but after already having given a red card he wasn't going to give a pen aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyle89 View Post
    Think the ref knew it was a pen but after already having given a red card he wasn't going to give a pen aswell.
    That crossed my mind. Happens regularly when a referee puts conscience before laws of the game.

Shocking decision (regardless if only a friendly)

These guys get paid very well

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    There was a clear handball pen incident too. Gave it the other way!!!!! Also the ball was clearly over the line for a goal. Two games in an poor decisions already.
    Last edited by greenlex; 18-07-2015 at 08:31 PM.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I wasn`t there today so didn`t see the incident, but the point the OP makes is a good one.

The only way you are going to get a penalty is if you go down, and we see on a weekly basis players going down at the slightest of touches in order to claim them. You can make contact and not commit a foul as such, but in situations like appears to have happened today, if penalty's are awarded when a clear infringement has occurred but the player has still remained on his feet, and referees award a penalty, it may go some way in discouraging players from throwing themselves to the floor at any given opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I wasn`t there today so didn`t see the incident, but the point the OP makes is a good one.

The only way you are going to get a penalty is if you go down, and we see on a weekly basis players going down at the slightest of touches in order to claim them. You can make contact and not commit a foul as such, but in situations like appears to have happened today, if penalty's are awarded when a clear infringement has occurred but the player has still remained on his feet, and referees award a penalty, it may go some way in discouraging players from throwing themselves to the floor at any given opportunity.
    Agreed.

It was so obvious it wasn't rue. Kudos to Harris for now making a meal of it. He had every right to fall down/go mental at referee.

What gets me is that the ref/lino must've seen it. (If a player runs towards goal then is pulled back it's obvious)

Harris didn't dive, or make a meal...

Technology needed for me. Some dude/dudette watching that on a monitor would've seen it easy.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Stonewaller. Ref had a 'mare overall.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Blog Entries
    Anyone got any footage off the game?

Was working today and watched my local amateur side play. Boy went into the box, skipped past one defender who clipped him, boy tried to stay on his feet but other defender came over and cleared the danger... Ref pulled it back and gave a penalty much to the disgust of the defenders and there "so called" coaches. Great decision. If an amateur ref can do it with no assistants how can't a grade 1 official??

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    Allan's booking being the prime example of a player going down with the slightest touch.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Was working today and watched my local amateur side play. Boy went into the box, skipped past one defender who clipped him, boy tried to stay on his feet but other defender came over and cleared the danger... Ref pulled it back and gave a penalty much to the disgust of the defenders and there "so called" coaches. Great decision. If an amateur ref can do it with no assistants how can't a grade 1 official??
    This is absolutely required to have any chance of stopping diving.