hibs.net Messageboard

Page 64 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 2523
    Went to New Chapter in Eyre Place today.

Amazing food.

Two courses fixed price £25

2. Log in to remove the advert

Not a restaurant as such but, we got 4 Pizzas and delivery charge for £30.60 from Pure Pizza on Morningside Road, magnificent value and wonderful standard of food.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Went to bread meats bread and vittorias on the bridges over the weekend - both were great.

First time at BMB and I don't generally rate burger places but this one was exceptional. Went for "sunshine on beef" because I think wordplay should be rewarded and the burger was topped with a mountain of brisket. The chips were a bit rubbish though, but they do great tater tots so easy enough to swerve them in future.

Vittorias was typically faultless throughout.
    Mon the Hibs.

McKirdy's last night. Celebration meal for family after daughters graduation.

Atrocious. Overpriced, bland, average food. Service non-existant. Disinterested, slow.

Booked weeks ago for 8pm. Arrived 7.55pm. Table not ready despite it being unoccupied. Told to wait in the street (fair enough re covid). In at 8.05. Eventually got starters at 8.45. Main course at 9.50. Had booked a table in Froth and Flame for 10 which we had to put back to 10.30 as service was so ponderous.

No "waiting" as such. Had to go to the till three times to ask for a second drinks order and water for the table.

Hefty bill. Completely overpriced for what we got. For "mid-division" fare then go elsewhere. £28-£32 for a steak and £2.50 extra if you want a sauce. I think I could get what I was served up by just buying from Tesco for a fiver and cooking at home.

So disappointing. Not even a "thanks for your custom" or "was everything ok". Really poor all round.

Froth and Flame was good though 🙂

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Atrocious. Overpriced, bland, average food. Service non-existant. Disinterested, slow.

Booked weeks ago for 8pm. Arrived 7.55pm. Table not ready despite it being unoccupied. Told to wait in the street (fair enough re covid). In at 8.05. Eventually got starters at 8.45. Main course at 9.50. Had booked a table in Froth and Flame for 10 which we had to put back to 10.30 as service was so ponderous.

No "waiting" as such. Had to go to the till three times to ask for a second drinks order and water for the table.

Hefty bill. Completely overpriced for what we got. For "mid-division" fare then go elsewhere. £28-£32 for a steak and £2.50 extra if you want a sauce. I think I could get what I was served up by just buying from Tesco for a fiver and cooking at home.

So disappointing. Not even a "thanks for your custom" or "was everything ok". Really poor all round.

I have thought about going there before - I can confirm after reading your review I def won't be.

Trying to book somewhere decent is a bit of a challenge.

3 weeks in advance unable to get Dishoom Kyloe or Fazenda

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Trying to book somewhere decent is a bit of a challenge.

3 weeks in advance unable to get Dishoom Kyloe or Fazenda
    Yeah it’s difficult. I’ve started booking tables a month or so in advance and I’m deciding a week before if I’m going or not. Gives them plenty time to fill the table. If you’re not booking well in advance then you’re not getting into a lot of the better places.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar

Sounds like they’re short staffed, like the rest of us. Between Covid & Brexit hospitality is having a mare just now. From your review, it sounds like they’ve not managed their numbers whilst under staffed.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Was at Nok’s Kitchen near the Castle this afternoon for lunch, very very good 👌🏻

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Was at Nok’s Kitchen near the Castle this afternoon for lunch, very very good 👌🏻
    Good to hear. Mum loves her Thai food and have taken her to the Stockbridge one a few times and always been impressed. She lives on the royal mile though so this is way handier.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Been a couple of times, it’s excellent.

They do a seabass curry that is so good!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post

Sounds magic that curry ! Now on the list ….

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarneyBreslin View Post
    Good to hear. Mum loves her Thai food and have taken her to the Stockbridge one a few times and always been impressed. She lives on the royal mile though so this is way handier.
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Sounds magic that curry ! Now on the list ….
    It was brilliant. As there were 7 of us we had to have the set menu but it was actually a great way of trying things we wouldn’t have ordered otherwise and definitely value for money.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Went to MAS Mexican in Dundee last night on the Perth road. Modern Mexican restaurant with a good tequila menu, a very simple menu with a focus on sharable plates and almost tapas style service.

Really, really good. Had beer battered prawn tacos with habanero chutney and lime slaw, baja fish tacos and chorizo, black bean and red cabbage tostadas. Everything comes in twos so if you want to share you can. An absolutely banging tequila heavy margarita to go with it.

Seven plates between us, two margaritas, a soft drink and a tequila for under £70. Will be back very soon, of that I have no doubt.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Ting Thai Caravan Lothian Road. Great food very low cost.

Only real issue is that it’s not a “sit for ages” type of place. Fast street food served in cardboard boxes but great all the same.

Wine choice is: Red, White or bubbly!

Prana in Corstorphine. Smart young staff and tasty Scots/Asian cuisine. Quite pricey but worth it. Very popular at the moment.

Certainly an improvement on the previous place Abida although they still do the takeaways from the same premises I believe.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Prana in Corstorphine. Smart young staff and tasty Scots/Asian cuisine. Quite pricey but worth it. Very popular at the moment.

Certainly an improvement on the previous place Abida although they still do the takeaways from the same premises I believe.
    It’s awesome. I’m going there tonight.

I think it’s the same family that run/ran Abida. Abida have opened a second location in Davidson’s Mains.

Quote Originally Posted by BarneyBreslin View Post
    Having a homeless relative is never easy 🙃

Steak pie for two at the Queen's Arms. Very nice. The Coldtown ne ipa decent also.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post

My wife went there a few weeks ago and really loved it

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    It’s awesome. I’m going there tonight.

I think it’s the same family that run/ran Abida. Abida have opened a second location in Davidson’s Mains.
    I don't think they're related. Prana is run by an Asian guy and a Polish guy to my knowledge. The boss of Abida leases out the restaurant bit to them while he retains the takeaway side.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    First visit to Kyloe last night. Food and service superb. We had midweek sharing steak deal, chateaubriand, 2 sides & 2 sauces for £55. Throw in starters, extra sides and wine for £120.....great value too.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Not a restaurant as such but, we got 4 Pizzas and delivery charge for £30.60 from Pure Pizza on Morningside Road, magnificent value and wonderful standard of food.
    We got a cheeky pre cinema takeaway from there, properly delicious pizza, lovely dough on the base.

Went to Dishoom for breakfast yesterday.

Bacon, egg and sausage breakfast naan, masala beans, pancakes, 3 chai, orange juice and a 12% service charge for £32.70.

The quality is consistently good and that's good value for a breakfast that keeps you going for hours as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Went to Dishoom for breakfast yesterday.

Bacon, egg and sausage breakfast naan, masala beans, pancakes, 3 chai, orange juice and a 12% service charge for £32.70.

The quality is consistently good and that's good value for a breakfast that keeps you going for hours as well.
    Is that for one person?

Is that for one person?
    2 of us.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Chop House in Market Street yesterday.
    Rib to start and a rump steak with green beans and onion rings.
    Wife also had ribs to start then monkfish satay with chilli slaw.
    Couple of manabrea beers.

Meal was very good.,nice venue and very central.

La Casa in Dalry Road last night. Brilliant atmosphere. Very busy. 8 tapas, a pint of Birra Moretti and large glass of sangria. £58.

Food is really nice. Service quick and friendly. Family owned. The other restaurant on Leith Walk is also very good.

Ditch plasticky Cafe Andaluz and go to your local, independently owned La Casa.

@hibs.net private member
    La Casa in Dalry Road last night. Brilliant atmosphere. Very busy. 8 tapas, a pint of Birra Moretti and large glass of sangria. £58.

Food is really nice. Service quick and friendly. Family owned. The other restaurant on Leith Walk is also very good.

Saves me doing a review from last week as totally agree with every bit of that including cafe andaluz. Tremendous in la casa and really nice service

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar

I don't want to slag off cafe andaluz as I quite like their stuff but to throw into the mix of small tapas places there is also "Tapas3" on Howden street which is really nice.