hibs.net Messageboard

Page 60 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 2534
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had a fish supper from The Chippy by Spencer today.

Probably the best fish supper in Edinburgh. Very, very good and imo better than Berties and the Fishmarket which I also think are very good.
    Thank you for your kind review mate, always great to see our food praised 👍

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    How is the business doing SH, it’s unfortunately the wrong side of town for me, but when you open your 2nd outlet in the West of the City, I’ll give it a try

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    It’s doing well BW considering the tough times we have opened in. It’s hard going with us both doing constant seven days a week but needs must, maybe get some days off next year! Receiving some very good reviews and business growing each week so hopefully it continues.
    You might have to wait a long time for a second one 😁

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    It’s doing well BW considering the tough times we have opened in. It’s hard going with us both doing constant seven days a week but needs must, maybe get some days off next year! Receiving some very good reviews and business growing each week so hopefully it continues.
    You might have to wait a long time for a second one 😁
    What time does your DJ start?

Will give it a go next time I'm in the area (who knows when that'll be mind), Piccante certainly isn't up to much

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    What time does your DJ start?

Will give it a go next time I'm in the area (who knows when that'll be mind), Piccante certainly isn't up to much

It used to have a good reputation and good value, £7.80 for a fish supper is a fair price.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I actually forgot you were involved in it Scouse, great job.

Will be trying the pizza next time.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I actually forgot you were involved in it Scouse, great job.

Will be trying the pizza next time.

Wheres this place about? I'm always on the look out for a good chipper.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Broughton Street.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Broughton street. Think it used to be the old Rapido chippy?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Got a bacon naan at home kit from Dishoom delivered today. Partner's had a hard time of it recently and has been working fourteen hour days so thought it would be nice to treat her.

Brilliant kit - really tasty food and the chai tea that you get with the kit is just like you get at the restaurant. Good fun to make together.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Got a bacon naan at home kit from Dishoom delivered today. Partner's had a hard time of it recently and has been working fourteen hour days so thought it would be nice to treat her.

Brilliant kit - really tasty food and the chai tea that you get with the kit is just like you get at the restaurant. Good fun to make together.
    Didn’t know they did those, might have to give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    Didn’t know they did those, might have to give it a try!
    It was really good - they even give you an extra naan doughball in case you bugger one up. Little things like that are a nice thought.

We're planning on doing a different restaurant kit each month to support restaurants. There are a lot of good places doing excellent kits.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Not a restaurant but finally got round to visiting Bross Bagel today. The one at Leith Arches. £19 for 2 bagels and 2 cans of juice. Sorry, I have to say that I just don’t get the hype. Waited over 15 minutes after ordering and it was ok, but not really worth the wait or the price. That’s Nuevo Leith for you though I suppose.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Had a nice takeaway from Down the Hatch last night. Philly cheese steak sandwich, buffalo chips and a bottle of Moose Head Canadian lager for £12 odd. That was with a 25% discount code. Really good food, will go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Not a restaurant but finally got round to visiting Bross Bagel today. The one at Leith Arches. £19 for 2 bagels and 2 cans of juice. Sorry, I have to say that I just don’t get the hype. Waited over 15 minutes after ordering and it was ok, but not really worth the wait or the price. That’s Nuevo Leith for you though I suppose.
    They are absolute masters in marketing. Everything is on brand and their social media is pretty much a perfect guide as to how to build a cult following. Vague sexual innuendos, brand recognition and regularly updated. It helps that the owner is an enthusiastic self publicist as well who will put herself front and centre in the press or online at any opportunity.

As for the food? I'm with you. Overpriced and bang average. Good luck to them though, it's working for them.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    I don’t think I’ve ever been as disappointed with somewhere as I was Bross Bagels. Absolute pish.

As PB said, they’ve marketed themselves incredibly well.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 15-01-2021 at 07:38 AM.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

Got the kit to try this weekend. It was excellent, really impressed with it

@hibs.net private member alhibby's Avatar
    Kit ordered for next weekend, looking forward to it

Has anyone tried the Smiddy BBQ on Dunedin Street yet? Seems to be all over Instagram and looks amazing.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Has anyone tried the Smiddy BBQ on Dunedin Street yet? Seems to be all over Instagram and looks amazing.
    It does look great. Mate of mines has it ordered for next weekend I think, so I’ll get his review then.

https://passyunkavenue.shop/collecti...ngs-lovebundle

Got this one coming this weekend.

@hibs.net private member
    Cheers I'll give that a bash. Doing something different each Saturday. Got down the hatch delivered 2 weeks ago that was great, 2 tbones from saundersons on Saturday that were unbelievable and have got café St honore at home for sat. Probably try 6bynico at home, anyone any other similar thanks

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Cheers I'll give that a bash. Doing something different each Saturday. Got down the hatch delivered 2 weeks ago that was great, 2 tbones from saundersons on Saturday that were unbelievable and have got café St honore at home for sat. Probably try 6bynico at home, anyone any other similar thanks
    I had the Thai menu from 6 by nico at home and it was delicious. We’ve ordered the Hebrides one to try in a couple weeks, menu looks really tasty.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    We’ve done a few of the ‘at home’ kits from various places. We wanted one for Valentine’s Day but seemed to have missed the boat with most. We could one with Little Chartroom which we’ve been wanting to try anyway, so ordered that, even though it was quite expensive.

Got an email today from Roastbox which we’ve done a couple of times with their Valentine’s kit. We prefer the menu and it’s significantly cheaper so we are now trying to justify whether we can do two ‘at home’ meals on Valentine’s Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajo View Post
    I had the Thai menu from 6 by nico at home and it was delicious. We’ve ordered the Hebrides one to try in a couple weeks, menu looks really tasty.
    The Thai one was outstanding, I had that as well.

I got the surf and turf from Chateau-X which they also run and it was absolute crap.

Hope your Hebrides one is good - the Home by Nico seems to always come out well where as their sister companies don’t seem to get such good reviews.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    We’ve done a few of the ‘at home’ kits from various places. We wanted one for Valentine’s Day but seemed to have missed the boat with most. We could one with Little Chartroom which we’ve been wanting to try anyway, so ordered that, even though it was quite expensive.

Got an email today from Roastbox which we’ve done a couple of times with their Valentine’s kit. We prefer the menu and it’s significantly cheaper so we are now trying to justify whether we can do two ‘at home’ meals on Valentine’s Day.
    Roastbox looks really good ta

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Wedgewood have released details of their Valentine's kit, 5 or 7 course and the option of matched wines.
    Not cheap but I'd normally go out every few weeks, and I haven't been, so think I might splurge.

This was brilliant - really good quality steak, good rolls, the "cheese wiz" sauce they make with good quality cheddar feels authentic and the wings were as good as possible to make at home. Highly recommended. They have a spotify playlist of what they play in their restaurant to put on so you get more of the experience of visiting the place.

For Fife based folk.... had a seafood platter from Room With A View in Aberdour. It was terrific.

You have to collect from them at a pre arranged time and in a car park but delicious.

This was brilliant - really good quality steak, good rolls, the "cheese wiz" sauce they make with good quality cheddar feels authentic and the wings were as good as possible to make at home. Highly recommended. They have a spotify playlist of what they play in their restaurant to put on so you get more of the experience of visiting the place.
    Gonna order that I think. Cheers for posting