hibs.net Messageboard

Page 38 of 85 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 2534
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Starting at the best one (Chinese Manor House) and ending at the worst (Cool Jade)

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Starting at the best one (Chinese Manor House) and ending at the worst (Cool Jade)
    Cool Jade opposite the Zoo gets very good reviews from everyone I have spoken to yet my one visit was a big disappointment.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Cool Jade opposite the Zoo gets very good reviews from everyone I have spoken to yet my one visit was a big disappointment.
    It’s actually my favourite
    The fried rice at the Manor House is always soggy

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Same for me. I’d heard good things. The food was so bland. I didn’t think anything we ordered was good.

Wouldn’t go back.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Went to Franco Manca tonight at St Andrews Square for pizza.

6/10, wasn't up to much IMO.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Tried the Cavaliere in Dalkieth this evening.

Quite a nice Italian I thought. Haggis arincini was something a bit different but very tasty. 2 courses for £15 isn't bad value either.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Kismot Indian and Bangladeshi food at St Leonards. Was there last weekend - again - and as always the food was excellent. Family run and never a fail in many visits.

At Queens Spice in South Queensferry tonight, had a fantastic night, food was excellent. The restaurant itself looks a bit tired but food was top notch.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Trying El Cartel at Teviot tomorrow.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Best Taco's in toon. Jalapeno Poppers are also superb

It's excellent. Try the ox tongue tacos, they are unbelievably good.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    I'm sure the menus/food will be the exact same but I prefer the sister establishment over at Thistle Street.
    Apart from the excellent soft tacos, they're worth the visit just for the frozen Margheritas and the extensive list of tequila!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    I'm sure the menus/food will be the exact same but I prefer the sister establishment over at Thistle Street.
    Apart from the excellent soft tacos, they're worth the visit just for the frozen Margheritas and the extensive list of tequila!
    We chose Teviot because you can book a table. How easy is it getting a seat at the Thistle one?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    We chose Teviot because you can book a table. How easy is it getting a seat at the Thistle one?
    Whenever we've went we always get one within half an hour, usually just leave my mobile number and go around to the Queen's Arms for pre-meal pint 🙄
    Both are busy places and testament to the quality of the food. I love just ordering a dish at a time, pseudo Mexican tapas. My only gripe would be, I wish their menus had a few more options on them.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Tried Bodega on Leith Walk on Friday night. My first time since they moved back to Leith Walk (went a few times to their previous Leith walk location).

It’s BYOB for wine. We started with classic margaritas which were very good. Had the guacamole and black bean dip to start. Ordering both was a mistake. The guacamole was good but nothing special. The black bean dip was amazing. I’d just order the black bean dip between the two of us in future. It slightly irked us that they brought the chips for both then when they realised we had ordered both, immediately took one of the chips away and said we could ask for more if needed... we’re paying for both, so we should get both!

We then shared the cod, chicken, tempura prawn and carnitas tacos. The prawn one was a bit bland. The others were excellent.

All-in-all it was really good. It was perhaps too much food, though. My girlfriend was full so I ended up with both the carnitas tacos. I don’t mind that... I rarely get full.

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    Educated Flea for lunch yesterday. Very pleasant meal and excellent value.

I’ve been hunners of times (three times this month ) to El Cartel. Too late now but the special they had on this weekend - ribs barbacoa - was outstanding. As is the pork and the cod. The only one I ever feel disappointed by is the steak.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I’ve been hunners of times (three times this month ) to El Cartel. Too late now but the special they had on this weekend - ribs barbacoa - was outstanding. As is the pork and the cod. The only one I ever feel disappointed by is the steak.
    It's funny how people like different things as I quite enjoyed the steak one. The special was a chorizo one which was tasty. We tried 7 different dishes between 4 of us and we were all well fed. I found the cod a bit dry personally.

Very enjoyable meal though.

New Spanish restaurant coming to Corstorphine soon in the site of Peach Garden/Imperial Empire Chinese, a welcome addition to the already busy restaurant scene.

New Spanish restaurant coming to Corstorphine soon in the site of Peach Garden/Imperial Empire Chinese, a welcome addition to the already busy restaurant scene.
    So is the Chinese closing?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    So is the Chinese closing?
    Already ceased trading I believe.

Already ceased trading I believe.
    Been there for a very long time. Was the Wong family who owned the Great Wall, who owned the premises I believe.

Went with my mum and wife to the Fishmarket on Tuesday. They’ve both wanted to go for a while, but I don’t eat fish!!!
    They both had Fish and Chips which the loved
    I had the Chicken Goujons, which were lovely too, but I find that £14 for 5 Goujons and Chips is really expensive

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Went to El Cartel last night. Didn't see any specials though?

Had cod and pork tacos which were really good, but the duck leg taco they had was my favourite, sensational.

Also shared the wings, jalapeno poppers, guacamole, and quasadilas which were all good.

A margarita and a Mexican beer (Pacifico - really nice) to wash it all down.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Went to El Cartel last night. Didn't see any specials though?

Had cod and pork tacos which were really good, but the duck leg taco they had was my favourite, sensational.

Also shared the wings, jalapeno poppers, guacamole, and quasadilas which were all good.

A margarita and a Mexican beer (Pacifico - really nice) to wash it all down.
    The specials are usually up on a chalk board (the one with the frozen margaritas on it), you don’t get given a specials menu. They may have just not had any on the board though.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    We continued our Corstorphine curry trail last night with a visit to the St John’s Curry Club which is my girlfriend’s favourite. It didn’t start off well as they hadn’t recorded my girlfriend’s booking and it was full. They dealt with it well. We went next door to the White Lady for a cheap drink for half an hour.

Strangely, it was the exact same menu as one of my favourite Indian restaurants, Intouch on Ferry Road. When queried they gave a strange answer that the families are “similar”.

Anyway, the food was excellent. We got the poppadoms on the house for the mixup with the booking. Baby aubergine pakora and chicken pakora were good and a good portion. Karnataka Khum Chicken and Bengali Green Chicken for mains are they were top notch.

Much preferred this to the Eastern Pavilion (booking mixup aside).

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    We continued our Corstorphine curry trail last night with a visit to the St John’s Curry Club which is my girlfriend’s favourite. It didn’t start off well as they hadn’t recorded my girlfriend’s booking and it was full. They dealt with it well. We went next door to the White Lady for a cheap drink for half an hour.

Strangely, it was the exact same menu as one of my favourite Indian restaurants, Intouch on Ferry Road. When queried they gave a strange answer that the families are “similar”.

Anyway, the food was excellent. We got the poppadoms on the house for the mixup with the booking. Baby aubergine pakora and chicken pakora were good and a good portion. Karnataka Khum Chicken and Bengali Green Chicken for mains are they were top notch.

Much preferred this to the Eastern Pavilion (booking mixup aside).
    'Indian' restaurants in Edinburgh are primarily run by Bangladeshis and, less often, Pakistanis. The Bangladeshis all have loads of family connections and quite often flip ownership of the restaurants to each other. In Touch and St John's will almost certainly fall into that group.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    'Indian' restaurants in Edinburgh are primarily run by Bangladeshis and, less often, Pakistanis. The Bangladeshis all have loads of family connections and quite often flip ownership of the restaurants to each other. In Touch and St John's will almost certainly fall into that group.
    Used to work beside one of the owners of In Touch, really nice guy but always felt it was a bit strange he did a mon-fri 9-5 job then went to the restaurant at night. Was always a bit suspicious if he was really the owner but he drove a car he certainly couldn’t have had on the credit controller job he was doing beside me. Went once or twice and he seemed to be pretty legitimate so think it was more of a family ownership than him actually owning it himself.

Anyway, he was saying it was his family also had the Britannia spice at ocean terminal but there had been a fall out in the family and was quite complicated.

Staying in Glenelg this week so trip to the Glenelg Inn tonight. Venison Sunday roast was superb with sticky toffee pud to follow.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Well the Britannia Spice has got everybody talking 😂
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller