hibs.net Messageboard

Page 66 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 2523
    Lunch at Wahaca.

First visit but will defo return. Set meal for two was £37 and there was too much food🇲🇽🌮🫔🌯

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another great meal tonight, although they maybe seemed a bit short staffed tonight.
    Unsure of the reasoning (Covid????) but they're definitely short staffed out front as well as in the kitchen. Someone posted as much on the local FB group after a delivery from their online takeaway (Abida) was very late.
    Hopefully they don't attract to many poor reviews as their food and service has always been excellent for me.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Unsure of the reasoning (Covid????) but they're definitely short staffed out front as well as in the kitchen. Someone posted as much on the local FB group after a delivery from their online takeaway (Abida) was very late.
    Hopefully they don't attract to many poor reviews as their food and service has always been excellent for me.
    I’ve resorted to collecting from them now. Only a few mins to Phrana usually ready when I get there.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I got a refund for my order from them a couple of months ago, it was so late, it was barely warm when I got it. Disappointing but they’re usually good, used them again since and they delivered fine.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    One of the comments on that post suggested that the deliveries no longer come from the branch that’s now Prana - they come from the Davidsons Mains branch apparently. Which would figure as I’ve never seen a delivery driver when I’ve been in Prana. You can definitely still collect from there though.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    One of the comments on that post suggested that the deliveries no longer come from the branch that’s now Prana - they come from the Davidsons Mains branch apparently. Which would figure as I’ve never seen a delivery driver when I’ve been in Prana. You can definitely still collect from there though.
    I almost replied to that, you can definitely collect from Prana. Unsure if the online system is smart enough to divide the orders between this alleged kitchen in Blackhall & Corstorphine???

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Had lunch today at Gaucho - really because of the 25% season ticket discount. Went for the bottomless Sunday roast which was excellent, with fresh meat available on demand all the way through. After two hours we were stuffed, but didn’t feel in any rush to leave. Would recommend!

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Went to Pho in St James Quarter last night, really enjoyed it, food was excellent and not too expensive either.

My new favourite place in Corstorphine. Sofia's which is a Lebanese restaurant. I think they have another place in town somewhere.

Simple,tasty food with brilliant service. And great value too.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Deliveries still come from Prana kitchen, drivers use the rear entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyDave View Post
    Lunch at Wahaca.

First visit but will defo return. Set meal for two was £37 and there was too much food🇲🇽🌮🫔🌯

Try Topo La Bamba on Lothian road. Same sort of thing. Just as nice and probably cheaper. Also do a bucket of 4 beers for a tenner!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Had lunch today at the Boathouse in South Queensferry, would thoroughly recommend.

@hibs.net private member
    Aizle last night for me, absolutely top notch.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Had my first Dishoom breakfast. Excellent. Recreated their Parsi omelette this morning.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i see the Silver Bowl on Leith Walk is closing after 54 years in Business, shame :( Edinburgh's first takeaway

Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 05-06-2022 at 02:45 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Shame that. Lovely family owned that

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Son and girlfriend were there last week, said it was good but not excellent, the lamb in one of the curries let them down. Said he would try again though. I’ve only used the takeaway (Abida) from them so far and that was okay.
    I went to Prana last night and would agree with the good but not excellent review. Bit like most Corstorphine restaurants I've been to ( not been to Napole yet). Always disappointing when you can't get poppadoms of some sort at an Indian as well.

The previous two Indians I've been to have been excellent though, Dishoom and Khai Khai ( Which is in Newcastle at the quayside for anyone that is down there).

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    I'm back home this weekend for a wedding and have been tasked with booking dinner for Friday night... the rest of my mates forgetting that I've not lived in Scotland since 2014.

It'll only be for 4 of us... obviously anything like Aizle, Timberyard, Fhior is all booked out at this stage; but does anyone have any recommendations of something fairly central, preferably not a chain, but that we might have a chance of getting into on Friday night?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    I'm back home this weekend for a wedding and have been tasked with booking dinner for Friday night... the rest of my mates forgetting that I've not lived in Scotland since 2014.

It'll only be for 4 of us... obviously anything like Aizle, Timberyard, Fhior is all booked out at this stage; but does anyone have any recommendations of something fairly central, preferably not a chain, but that we might have a chance of getting into on Friday night?
    If the likes of Aizle etc is the kind of food you’re going for then you could look at Noto? It’s on Thistle Street and is owned by the same guy that owns Aizle. It’s very, very good.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    If the likes of Aizle etc is the kind of food you’re going for then you could look at Noto? It’s on Thistle Street and is owned by the same guy that owns Aizle. It’s very, very good.
    Looks class - can't get in on Friday evening though! Thanks for the recommendation, will try it next time I'm in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post

Try Angels with bagpipes.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Try Angels with bagpipes.
    Good shout.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

TGI Fridays in Castle St. The burger was of poor quality. The wine was bottom shelf supermarket stuff and vastly overpriced.
    Other than that the atmosphere was manic. Our waitress was so wired she must have been on something. Actually I don't blame her.
    Every so often the staff grouped next to a table and sang a mental birthday song, presumably at the
    prior request of the customers.
    It's a family place. Kids were enjoying themselves.
    Never again!

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    TGI Fridays in Castle St. The burger was of poor quality. The wine was bottom shelf supermarket stuff and vastly overpriced.
    Other than that the atmosphere was manic. Our waitress was so wired she must have been on something. Actually I don't blame her.
    Every so often the staff grouped next to a table and sang a mental birthday song, presumably at the
    Never again!
    Worse than this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OqFery8tB3M
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 13-06-2022 at 10:11 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Never again!
    A truly terrible restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Tried the spare ribs on Saturday - would recommend.

@hibs.net private member bringbackbenny's Avatar
    Never again!
    Went to TGI at Kinnaird Park in a largish group a few years back for my sons 16th. Worst meal ever. Some of the mains failed to arrive, other mistakes all over plus what did arrive was rotten.

Never ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by bringbackbenny View Post
    Went to TGI at Kinnaird Park in a largish group a few years back for my sons 16th. Worst meal ever. Some of the mains failed to arrive, other mistakes all over plus what did arrive was rotten.

Never ever again.
    Everyone learns their lesson about TGI Fridays at some point!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I don't mind TGI. The glazed chicken strip things are good.

You know what you're getting and you pay in line with that I think. It's a place that's a little better and a little more expensive than Wetherspoons and others of a similar ilk, and cheaper/worse than other places.

Individual stories about food not arriving etc aside obviously, they're just unfortunate instances.
    Mon the Hibs.