hibs.net Messageboard

Page 44 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 2506
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for the prompt replies everyone
    Dinnae get a taxi up there billy, it’s a nightmare to try and stop on the handbrake. I had a guy accuse me of trying to kill his wife when my handbrake failed. It’s best to just get off in the Cowgate and walk up . Trying to do a u turn up there is horrendous it feels like your going to roll over,

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    The beat wings I’ve had in Edinburgh have been in Nightcap, on York Place. Proper sized chicken wings, I thought the ones at Wings were quite small.

Worth checking out

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    The beat wings I’ve had in Edinburgh have been in Nightcap, on York Place. Proper sized chicken wings, I thought the ones at Wings were quite small.

Worth checking out
    I'll keep that in mind.

Fancying some wings now for some unknown reason.

If quantity over quality is your bag then the chanter on bread street (student pub) do 25p per wing on Wednesday. They're small but at 4 for £1 you probably end up with a decent amount of chicken out of it. £3 pints midweek too.
    Mon the Hibs.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Thought wings was decent when I went ages ago. It really is an in and out place as PB said though.

Anyone tried six by nicos home cooking kit? Can’t say I’m going to get it but would be interested to hear how others have got on with it!

Edit: it actually appears it’s just the food cooked and delivered.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 16-04-2020 at 11:28 AM.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure The Doghouse pub on Clerk Street have a partnership with Wings and you can get them in the pub. At least you used to be able to, not been for a few years.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Thought wings was decent when I went ages ago. It really is an in and out place as PB said though.

Anyone tried six by nicos home cooking kit? Can’t say I’m going to get it but would be interested to hear how others have got on with it!

Edit: it actually appears it’s just the food cooked and delivered.
    I seen that but they only do it for 4 people at the moment and didn't overly fancy it. I know they need to make it worthwhile but I would guess groups of 4 limit their customers significantly. The only groups of 4 I could imagine being together are those with kids and I can't imagine they're looking at fine(ish) dining options.

On 6ByNico, I had a reservation with them coming up which is obviously cancelled. They've emailed well in advance to apologise, told us they'll offer a priority period to rebook once things are back to normal, and there will be a complimentary drink on arrival. That's going above and beyond any expectations I could have of a business.
    Mon the Hibs.

Missing my bi-weekly El Cartel visits so got Cochinita Pibil in the go tonight and also got masa harina flour to make home made tacos.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Missing my bi-weekly El Cartel visits so got Cochinita Pibil in the go tonight and also got masa harina flour to make home made tacos.
    Could go an El Cartel Margarita now like 🤤

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Could go an El Cartel Margarita now like 🤤
    Likewise. Without a doubt my favourite restaurant in Edinburgh

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Wedgewood on the the High Street doing a take away at the moment £20 for 3 courses. The greedy part of me wanted more for the main course but what am i expecting for £20. The meal was excellent and Mrs OS and i might give it another bash next week.

Only criticism are delivery charges (I picked up as i live close by) they charged delivery on each 3 course order.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Anyone else used a restaurant delivery recently? I see Stac Polly do it as are L’escargot Bleu.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    Anyone else used a restaurant delivery recently? I see Stac Polly do it as are L’escargot Bleu.
    Used Chinese Manor House & Eastern Pavilion a few times if they count. 😁
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 27-05-2020 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    I have ordered a delivery from First Coast on Dalry rd for Saturday. Drooling already!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    A few of the restaurants out our way have been doing this throughout lockdown. One of them, an 'American' restaurant that we scarcely went to pre-lockdown started offering burgers, hot dogs, loaded fries, mac and cheese etc as takeaway options soon after lockdown and we thought we'd try them one night. Their food's fabulous, and we're now likely to use them once lockdown is finished (Route 36 in Lanark).

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    Wedgewood on the the High Street doing a take away at the moment £20 for 3 courses. The greedy part of me wanted more for the main course but what am i expecting for £20. The meal was excellent and Mrs OS and i might give it another bash next week.

Only criticism are delivery charges (I picked up as i live close by) they charged delivery on each 3 course order.
    We’re doing this tonight for the wedding anniversary. I’ve never eaten there but the menu looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    We’re doing this tonight for the wedding anniversary. I’ve never eaten there but the menu looks great.
    Happy Anniversary 🥂

I see La Favorita are open for takeaway/delivery again.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    I see La Favorita are open for takeaway/delivery again.
    Yes and Taste of Italy is doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Yes and Taste of Italy is doing the same.
    Yes, I got Taste's email first and they don't deliver to me. I didn't realise the first email was only Taste and had already promised pizzas to my parents for the weekend before I realised - thankfully la fav do!
    Mon the Hibs.

Happy Anniversary ��
    15 years a slave

it just turned up, 5 spiced beef with honey to start, pork belly black pudding main and sticky toffee pudding with caol ila butterscotch. I don’t even mind having to heat it, I need to crisp up the pork belly and the wife’s duck and then put it in the oven for 15 mins, so I can then pretend I’ve actually cooked it
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 28-05-2020 at 06:12 PM.

15 years a slave

it just turned up, 5 spiced beef with honey to start, pork belly black pudding main and sticky toffee pudding with caol ila butterscotch. I don’t even mind having to heat it, I need to crisp up the pork belly and the wife’s duck and then put it in the oven for 15 mins, so I can then pretend I’ve actually cooked it
    Sounds decent, would you recommend?

Sounds decent, would you recommend?
    I’ve got to say it was outstanding quality and ridiculously good value. They open their delivery slots on Monday afternoons.

I’ve got to say it was outstanding quality and ridiculously good value. They open their delivery slots on Monday afternoons.
    Cheers will have a look at that.

The First Coast delivery we got was tremendous - spicy prawn & hake starter, indonesian beef curry with a sweetcorn pilaf and rhubarb & honey panna cotta.

This week's menu is a bit veggie/salady for me, but will be looking out for the next one.

https://www.first-coast.co.uk/first-coast-at-home/

We got takeaway tapas from Malvarose in Portobello last week. We eat there quite often as it's a 15 minute walk from us.

Really good. Their homemade bread is exceptional and the pollo al ajillo was a huge hit with my 2 year old.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

The Torfin in Corstorphine have now opened a hatch for takeaway draught beer, cocktails and a chip shop style menu.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 07-06-2020 at 05:47 PM.

The Torfin in Corstorphine have now opened a hatch for takeaway draught beer, cocktails and a chip shop style menu.
    I'm curious as to where they are getting their beer from. As of a week or so back very few major breweries were kegging at any kind of volume. We're probably at the absolute maximum time that any existing stock would still be usable. There has been a slight increase in production for kegs in anticipation of pubs reopening but it hasn't really ramped up yet.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm curious as to where they are getting their beer from. As of a week or so back very few major breweries were kegging at any kind of volume. We're probably at the absolute maximum time that any existing stock would still be usable. There has been a slight increase in production for kegs in anticipation of pubs reopening but it hasn't really ramped up yet.
    That question has been asked, Innis & Gunn Lager and West Coast IPA is all they can get and all that is available just now. Said they are struggling to get Tennents.

That question has been asked, Innis & Gunn Lager and West Coast IPA is all they can get and all that is available just now. Said they are struggling to get Tennents.
    That's interesting. Thanks.

I got some beer from McLarens at Holy Corner last weekend. I knew that would be fresh because their group owns Cold Town Brewery and I know they are kegging.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    That's interesting. Thanks.

I got some beer from McLarens at Holy Corner last weekend. I knew that would be fresh because their group owns Cold Town Brewery and I know they are kegging.
    I'm still buying cask beer (they also sell keg) from the Stockbridge Tap on a Sunday (they've started opening on a Wednesday too). They seem to be doing a decent trade. I get the impression they're supporting small, independent breweries, so perhaps not reliant on a return to mass production?

Having said that, I did hear last week from a pal who works for a major brewer that pubs are hopeful of a return to business on 4th July; I know we have our own timetable in Scotland, but if the stats keep moving in the right direction maybe we'll be there or thereabouts.